Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Im getting a system 4 for a 4room hdb.
Was trying to find out 2 ticks vs 3 ticks cost saving.

price different is 2 ticks $3600~~, 3 ticks is $3900~~.

is the saving alot comparing 2 and 3 ticks aircon?

Most of the time only using 1 aircon in my study room. masterbed only at night 8-11pm, not using when sleeping.

xman13

Reaction score
I'm getting a system 4 for my house too. Going with Cold engine. They will install it this week. Hopefully all ok. Going with this spec 4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM , 3x FTKS25DVM all in at $4k nett. Hope I got a good deal. Utimately workmanship is important.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a system 4 for my house too. Going with Cold engine. They will install it this week. Hopefully all ok. Going with this spec 4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM , 3x FTKS25DVM all in at $4k nett. Hope I got a good deal. Utimately workmanship is important.

Just confirm with Cold Engine on my Daikin System 4 Mix with Silver Envi for 3 room (9KBTU) and Normal Fancoil (18KBTU) for living room using 4MKS80 Condenser (3 Ticks), installing on 22nd June 2016. =:p

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just installed Daikin system 3
3mks71
ftks25 x 3
amarflex 1/2
g22 copper pipe
16mm drainage
2 time install
Guess all this are pretty standard config, no add on charges, just flat fee $2780 paid over 2 installations.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
3mks71
ftks25 x 3
amarflex 1/2
g22 copper pipe
16mm drainage
2 time install
Guess all this are pretty standard config, no add on charges, just flat fee $2780 paid over 2 installations.

Who installed and how's the installation work? Price cheap leh. Proshop charged $3k.

meowkat

Reaction score
3mks71
ftks25 x 3
amarflex 1/2
g22 copper pipe
16mm drainage
2 time install

To: Elf108

which company did u install with?
Wat is the workmanship assurance period?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've sent my Daikin warranty cards and sale invoice to Daikin Singapore for 2+1 warranty. Does Daikin send any notification letter when they received my post? It's already 3 weeks, no news. How am I going to claim warranty when I don't have any info and without the sent warranty card?

Dun think the agent will send back any notification letter cos once you send the warranty card, they will refer to your Name or IC to check on your warranty records if there is any issue.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Installation went well yesterday with Cold Engine however, woke up this morning and realized the compressor is dripping. Called them up immediately and their Boss told me that is normal coz of condensation. I have requested them to check again this afternoon and will update here again soon.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To: Elf108

which company did u install with?
Wat is the workmanship assurance period?

AJ aircon at tpy. Workmanship ok lah. Not for fussy owners, need to ask contractor touch up paint cos they left some handprints on the wall. Installation by ft workers, they installed hundreds of aircons already It comes with 150 servicing vouchers tol.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oops i nv ask about the worksmanship period. But i suppose anything can call back and ask them. Daikin warranty now promo is 1 + 2 yrs.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Considering daikin 3 ticks vs mitsubishi 2 ticks.
Price difference is $300+. I only on aircon for 1 of the room at night and off when i sleep.

Will it be alot saving if i choose 3 instead of the 2 ticks?

Neogary

Reaction score
Replacing air con

HI, My air con is very old and not working anymore, problem is the piping runs behind my wardrobe. Can installers run new piping for system 2 Aircon as I do not want to hack off the wardrobe just for the pipe.

Thank you

efreelancer

Reaction score
Anyone sold your old aircon parts before?

Want to sell Mitsubishi used aircon compressor or parts. Mitsubishi starmex system 1.

meowkat

Reaction score
Considering daikin 3 ticks vs mitsubishi 2 ticks.
Price difference is $300+. I only on aircon for 1 of the room at night and off when i sleep.

Will it be alot saving if i choose 3 instead of the 2 ticks?

i used to have the same question as you do.
but now my mind is set upon Daikin.. as it makes only Aircon (if compared to M)...

2 and 3 ticks were used to by 4 and 5 ticks before NEA changes the regulations for methods to do testing of their annual power consumption and output.

the Current 4 ticks from M is more noisy and less power output..
and base on your mentioned usage... there will be no much saving if comparing the current 4 ticks and 2 ticks from M. Let alone, current 2 and 3 ticks.

i am not sure the $300 diff you mentioned about who is more expensive, but normally Daikin is slightly more ex then M, while M is slight more ex den LG etc..

to me, D is more ex due to the japan technology involved, while we are paying for the M commercials and the "flaps' that can be moved for easier wiping of the flaps.
While now a days, aircon arent made in Japan... hence its not the deciding factor anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.