Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenzoda

Reaction score
Installation went well yesterday with Cold Engine however, woke up this morning and realized the compressor is dripping. Called them up immediately and their Boss told me that is normal coz of condensation. I have requested them to check again this afternoon and will update here again soon.
Dripping could be due to poor insulation at the compressor.
Better to get them fix, else over a period of time the compressor may rust.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Dripping could be due to poor insulation at the compressor.
Better to get them fix, else over a period of time the compressor may rust.

I did some researches online and called up Daikin SG yesterday and both provide me with the same feedback. It's normal for compressor to drip a bit due to condensation on those pipes.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did some researches online and called up Daikin SG yesterday and both provide me with the same feedback. It's normal for compressor to drip a bit due to condensation on those pipes.

Can I check what you mean by compressor dripping? Dripping of water from the piping outside of the house near the compressor or the internal piping?

Neogary

Reaction score
Ya, like run a new pipe from another place . Like in front of the wardrobe on the floor. I do not mind the pipe bracket sticking out a bit. Wonder if it is possible.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I check what you mean by compressor dripping? Dripping of water from the piping outside of the house near the compressor or the internal piping?

My compressor is in laundry room and I can see the condensation is from the copper piping which connected to the compressor. It then flows downwards to a hole at the bottom of the compressor. It should be normal right?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My compressor is in laundry room and I can see the condensation is from the copper piping which connected to the compressor. It then flows downwards to a hole at the bottom of the compressor. It should be normal right?

Yes. That is normal. For my Condenser, it is located outside my bedroom window so I dun see the water dripping but due to the environment heat, piping is cold when the aircon gas pass thru from Condenser to your fancoil, there will be condensation so it is normal.

I thought you are referring to the water dripping from the concealed pipe trunking.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. That is normal. For my Condenser, it is located outside my bedroom window so I dun see the water dripping but due to the environment heat, piping is cold when the aircon gas pass thru from Condenser to your fancoil, there will be condensation so it is normal.

I thought you are referring to the water dripping from the concealed pipe trunking.

Daikin SG told me the same thing but I'm just wondering should Cold Engine connect a pipe/a tray/or some other thing underneath the compressor so that the water don't anyhow leak?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin SG told me the same thing but I'm just wondering should Cold Engine connect a pipe/a tray/or some other thing underneath the compressor so that the water don't anyhow leak?

My old Condenser do have a tray and water drainage pipe to toilet and it was done by previous owner's installer. It was a old type of setup and nowadays, nobody fit another tray below the Condenser for the water.

cooldownguy86

Reaction score
I realise that multi-split system i.e. system 2/3/4 is almost non-existent in Malaysia - Malaysians usually have 1 compressor for 1 indoor unit. I wonder why there is a difference in practice, although I know that cost of each system 1 in Malaysia is quite low, about RM1200 for a branded 9k btu non-inverter compressor + indoor unit

Last edited:

Boeing101

Reaction score
I realise that multi-split system i.e. system 2/3/4 is almost non-existent in Malaysia - Malaysians usually have 1 compressor for 1 indoor unit. I wonder why there is a difference in practice, although I know that cost of each system 1 in Malaysia is quite low, about RM1200 for a branded 9k btu non-inverter compressor + indoor unit

So cheap! Really good life over there. Imagine fix 4 in our hdb, SGD1500 at most.
Single split aircon very hard to gg and dont need servicing one.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
looking for a set of 4 aircon units, one for each room.

previously panasonic was a HUGE disappointment, plagued with problems.

considering mitsubishi, seems quite alright. any comments guys??

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i using Mitsubishi for 5 years. every night on since move in.
so far so good

just done 1 time chemical wash.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for a set of 4 aircon units, one for each room.

previously panasonic was a HUGE disappointment, plagued with problems.

considering mitsubishi, seems quite alright. any comments guys??

I have been using Panasonic for many years, using older National then change to Panasonic with the Ioniser function, no major problem but only wear and tear parts need to change.

zhenyuan_2000

Reaction score
Yes, agree. I also requested to use 1/2 inch insulation as well.

Dear all,

I was given this as part of my material insulation during the initial quotation send via email and i got this as offered
- half inch Armaflex class "O" insulation
- G22 copper pipe
- 16mm drainage pvc pipe

however , On the contract (not yet signed)

a) upgrade to half inch thickness class O Armaflex for insulation. { for the copper pipe}

b) upgrade to G22 copper pipe.

c) upgrade to 16mm pvc for drain pipe c/w armaflex class 1 insulation. [1/4 inch]

I am wondering if all these times the 1/2 inch one is talking about is just for copper pipes only OR for both copper and pvc pipes? (i assume the latter)

Hopefully someone can enlighten me

lushiris

Master Member
Reaction score
same here. i think drainage pipe default is 1/4" (not 3/8" which i typo error)... izit necessary to upgrade to 1/2"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.