Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireantz

Reaction score
what's the setup recommendation for a typical hdb 5 room with open concept kitchen? i dont intend to build up the suggested study room or build wall for the kitchen. i have friends telling me i should get a system 3 for the 3 bedroom and a system 2 for the living room. any other suggestion?

Icyshockz

Reaction score
Which brand should i go for? i'm looking for 3 aircon in 3 rooms, no aircon in living room.

system 3 will do?

my old set was a daikin brand and i doesn't know much of it(jus found, FT25DVMx3/ MA56x1)

every night 2 rooms will on aircon until morning.. hopefully can save some energy too haha( eletricity bill is terror )

Last edited:

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one of the frequently mentioned 3rd party aircon installers and a Daikin Proshop installer both quoted me the same Daikin Sys4 (9/9/9/18)

4MKS80FSG/FTKS25DVM x 3/FTKS50FVM x 1

Quote based on upgraded materials(1/2 inch armaflex,g22, keystone cables)

but the Proshop is more expensive by $250
difference between them is the warranty

Proshop provides 1 year for workmanship, 5 years for compressor,1 year for all parts and 90 days for spare parts

3rd party provides 2 years for workmanship (1-2 year cover piping&wiring, 1 year for insulation),5 years for compressor, 1 year for all parts

is it worth paying the premium for Daikin Proshop?
also, what is the BTU for the compressor 4MKS80FSG
anybody can advise?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody can advise?

Nobody can truly 100% correct advise you, it could go either way good or bad.

IMO, if both giving same upgraded material, I will choose the longer warranty and cheaper one.

kyteo79

Reaction score
To all seniors and old birds,

i got the following quote ;

option1
3 mks71fsg 50/35
3 mks71fsg 50/35
FTKS50DVM single split

Option 2
3a28va 18/21
3a28va 18/12
mxy18va split wall mount

SWG 22 copper piping
H type Armaflex
16mm drainage pipe with insulation
sigma wire (taiwan)
litaflex casing ???

1 year workmanship warranty
3 year spare parts accessories
5 yr compressor ...

IS this a good deal or better ones ?

where got good for value package basis above configurations ?

Can pm if sensitive

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help here.

After returing home from my 2 weeks oversea trip. My 2 other bedrooms aircon could only blow air but not cold air. My masterbed room is OK. My aircon is Mitsubishi starmex sys 3 . It was installed in 2008 and last servicing was done after CNY.

I was told that my masterbed indoor unit was connected to one motor and the other 2 bedrooms which are blowing the hot air are connected to another motor during the installation. I hope some experts should be able to identify the problem and roughly advised me what is the cost of repairing this issue either from Mitsubishi or outsider aircon repairer?

mcylo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My Samsung system 3 has decided to call it a day after serving our family for more than 10 years. It is beyond repair now.

Would like to check anyone purchase aircon from gaincity, do they have additional charge if they need to dismantle the old air con, compressor and copper pipping etc.

Looking to buy a system 1 mit starmex for my bedroom. Thanks.

Any good lobang is welcome. Thanks for sic in advance.

lydiasops

Reaction score
Hi All,

My Samsung system 3 has decided to call it a day after serving our family for more than 10 years. It is beyond repair now.

Would like to check anyone purchase aircon from gaincity, do they have additional charge if they need to dismantle the old air con, compressor and copper pipping etc.

My experience with Harvey Norman is better than Gain city or Courts. You may wanna check them out too. One reason I got from them is that they will provide warranty even for the motherboard. More for a peace of mind coz Courts said they include all except this in their warranty. For GC, it's their inconsistent sales service that got me worried. One quote this price, another guy will quote another price. And they keep pushing me for MHI.

ragegoh

Reaction score
Just bought fujitsu system 3 at courts. $3299 for 1+4 years extended warranty and one free servicing. Hope it will last and work well.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a quotation for 2.8k for Mitsubishi System 3 including change-out of my aircon ducts at home. Not sure if price is ok.

My current Panasonic died after 11 years.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a quotation for 2.8k for Mitsubishi System 3 including change-out of my aircon ducts at home. Not sure if price is ok.

My current Panasonic died after 11 years.

Quite good pricing! :D

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help here.

After returing home from my 2 weeks oversea trip. My 2 other bedrooms aircon could only blow air but not cold air. My masterbed room is OK. My aircon is Mitsubishi starmex sys 3 . It was installed in 2008 and last servicing was done after CNY.

I was told that my masterbed indoor unit was connected to one motor and the other 2 bedrooms which are blowing the hot air are connected to another motor during the installation. I hope some experts should be able to identify the problem and roughly advised me what is the cost of repairing this issue either from Mitsubishi or outsider aircon repairer?

Few things may happened:
1) Insufficient refrigerant - simple, just top up. Check for leakage
2) Choked refrigerant pipe - unlikely and can be checked easily and just replaced the section which are choked
3) Spoiled invertor (motor) - Good game - can go buy a new compressor or get whole new system.
4) IC board spoiled - possible, just replace new IC board.

We cannot advise you on how much the cost from Mit or outside serviceman. Its all up to you.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Go neighbourhood stall for competitive prices. That's the lobang. Pre-check ur requirement before confirming the pricing - dismantle AC and pipping.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4rm hdb will take sys4 or 3+1 or 2+2(daikin 5tick no sys1??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.