Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wootsies87

Reaction score
If theres water leaking then that means that the guys who installed it were just plain bad and provided you lousy service.

you could Install the air con first. If you install it after, your paint work will be spoilt. And when they start doing the piping and all your Paint work may be affected. But you can also paint first and then after that touch up the place.

haruko_yoshiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If theres water leaking then that means that the guys who installed it were just plain bad and provided you lousy service.

you could Install the air con first. If you install it after, your paint work will be spoilt. And when they start doing the piping and all your Paint work may be affected. But you can also paint first and then after that touch up the place.

Ah, thanks so much for your reply.! :)

LuckyEd

Reaction score
Anyone knows wer can i get a 2nd hand portable air-con? Need it urgently.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I gotten quote from Hong Tar for Mit and only around $80 cheaper then GainCity.
GainCity can go for 0% CC installment & Hong tar by Cash.
Guys, anybody can advise how are the GainCity service and are Hong Tar Aircon
Installation Tech BCA trained/certified?
Thanks.

Last edited:

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
I always feel that Hong tar aircon is more expensive than other...they will never reduce the price even u told them some other shops are selling cheaper, but i still choose to buy it from hong tar cause they are the company where i seldom see any complaints from other internet forumers.Buying aircon not just the brand but the workmanship and the installation are very important!! Initially i intend to get Gain city but i heard someone that they will sell the aircon as 1 time installation only,in the end i choose hong tar...i never give damm to this allbest and best tech as complaint to them are super high.

hong tar tech will be coming to new home later to do the first installation, do take note abt term and condition, some shops can give cheaper price cause they using smaller 3/8 insulation and G24 (thiner) copper pipe and will do in 1 time installation only ,usually it cost $150-$200 to upgrade the material,

wendywpl

Reaction score
I juz bought a resale HDB flat, and it comes with aircon installed, system4 aircon, brand name FUJI (FUJI ELECTRIC). Anyone knows about this brand, how's the power saving, etc.? Is it OK? If not, I may be changing it to a energy saver aircon, coz I use air-con regularly.

Pls advice, if anybody use/know this brand b4. Thanks.

wendywpl

Reaction score
I'm onli afraid that my monthly electricity bills shoot up, if the air-con is not saving energy type.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I juz bought a resale HDB flat, and it comes with aircon installed, system4 aircon, brand name FUJI (FUJI ELECTRIC). Anyone knows about this brand, how's the power saving, etc.? Is it OK? If not, I may be changing it to a energy saver aircon, coz I use air-con regularly.

Pls advice, if anybody use/know this brand b4. Thanks.

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp
Check above for your aircon model.

RS0616

Reaction score
my aircon motor making v loud noise, going to spoil??? or just the bearing??

which company to ask for repair???

help help... aii..po chai again...

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
I got the air con from jurong west hong tar.One single spilt inverter fujitsu for living (30k btu) and mitsubishi sys 3 non-inverter for bed room (all 9k btu) Price is abt $4.5k, but i pay 24 month CC installment, have to another add 5% for that,reason for higher cost is also i upgrade the piping also....walau

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
i am told fujitsu brand not good..

woh.. yr living room need 30 btu......

actually living room should get non invertor and bedroom get invertor... this will save cost...

if bedroom use non invertor, on 1 bedroom is as good on all room.... since non invertor is single speed..

for invertor.. eg 28K Compressor... bedroom 10K each... so switch on 1 room use only 10K speed and not 20K. non invetor will operate at 28K...

Last edited:

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually this is the first time i buying a aircon for my new home, Until now there is no aircon in my current home which my parent bought 15 years ago.I always believe that in regardless of the brand ,all air con will be no good if the installation and workmanship are poorly done.

As the shop does not carry mitsubishi 30k btu single spilt (some shop do carry stock for this ) , i 'm willing to settle for this fujitsu brand as that is highest wall mounted 30k btu unit.I do not wish to buy a 24k or 26k btu as i worried that will be no cold enough for my living room.The price for non-inverter and inverter fujitsu 30k btu is $2150 and $2350 which that why i choose the inverter.

I got most of the aircon info from singapore aircon blogspot website, ,for my usage pattern ,only masterbed room will be on every day for 7 hrs and the rest of will be very rare occasion...which mean at most i only on the air con for the masterbed room only, from what i heard is better to choose the inverter if two bed rooms will be switching on...now i also quite confused that inverter also save cost even u only on one aircon for a sys 3.

For my non inverter system 3, there is only one "compressor" outside but inside there are actually 2 motors,one motor connect to master bed room and the other motor being shared by 2 bedrooms, so my non inverter aircon will stil workl to the max like 3 air con turn even though only masterbed room switch on only?

sweetesthoneybee

Reaction score
Please advise me on my new portable aircon purchase

Hi all,

I bought a Trends portable air conditioner from Carrefour last Saturday and it just arrived today. The guy who installed told me to set the unit at 16 degrees celcius but I set it to 21 degrees instead. Don't want it too cold. But it's been 2 hrs and the tempreture on the unit still indicates that it is still 26 degrees celcius. How long does it take to cool down a small room? I live in a 4 bedroom (the middle sized room). I don't think it is that big. The unit is pretty loud but this is my first air con, so I don't know how loud it is suppose to be.

It says it's suppose to be a low sound emission.

Should I return this unit? I was told I have 2 weeks to return without penalty. Hmmm... It doesn't seem to get cooler.

I woke up this morning. The unit has been running the entire night and it's still at only 24 degrees. I don't know if this is because it's a portable instead of a wall mount. Please advise me.

Last edited:

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Saw GainCity offering Pansonic systems 2 Inverter CU3S18EBZ & CSMS9EKZ X2 at below $2k.
Tried searching the info for the model but can't find any in the net..
Just the NEA site showing the CU3S18EBZ got 4 energy saving ticks.
Anybody can comment? Very old model?
Thanks.

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
how is Fujitsu Aircon... this quite powerful for System 4... higher than Starmex 28VA this is ...36VA....
and this compressor able to go out of the new flat aircon windows ledgde
Dimension : 700H X 900W X 350D

Any comments...

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=1479
AOY36VMNM4 / 3 X ASY9VM / ASY18VM
3 X 4,780Btu/hr + 9,210Btu/hr

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=1480
AOY36VMNM4 / 3 X ASY9VM / ASY24VM
3 X 4,610Btu/hr + 10,070Btu/hr

Catalog
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/imgs/products/fujitsu_v4_wallmounted.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.