Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not good? Reasons? :look:
I notice you are like a die-hard fan of mitsubishi, do you work for them? :s13:
tat person very weird lor.. nothing to do. :s13::s13:

2007 when I do up my own house, it was only 1800 all in, for sharp system 3..

knn, why electrical price will go up one? I thot always going down ?

the electricity price will drop when there is drop in oil price.

but weird leh, isnt singapore electricity powered by gas from indonesia?:s22:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody using this panasonic inverter aircon?
http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pid/8813/Spec
any comments on it?

83243156.jpg

if you going for Panasonic make sure your window height allow the compressor to go through. Panasonic out door unit is bigger and taller.
Mitsubishi unit size is 1 of the smallest in local market that why some people go for it simply because they dont have much choices due to the window.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
83243156.jpg

if you going for Panasonic make sure your window height allow the compressor to go through. Panasonic out door unit is bigger and taller.
Mitsubishi unit size is 1 of the smallest in local market that why some people go for it simply because they dont have much choices due to the window.

:s13::s13:

and they will get a pleasant surprise and be glad that they were "forced" to buy a better aircon :s13::s13: .... and felt ashame for making a wrong choice in the first place to have selected panny :s13:

epigram

Reaction score
Hi Air con gurus! I need some urgent help on the following.

I just bought an apt and I intend to replace my existing air con systems as they are 8 years old. The current set up consists of a System 3 (Master room 12k BTU, Guest room 9k BTU, Study room 9k BTU) and a System 2(Living and Dinning room 12k BTU each).

My air con usage is typically daily (Master, Study rooms) and occasionally (Living/Dining/Guest rooms).

I arranged for 2 site inspections but both technicians proposed different configurations:

(A) Follow existing configuration, ie. 3 rooms (System 3) and Living/Dining (System 2). This technician reasoned that this configuration saves on servicing as (given my usage style) I need only to service more frequently on the outdoor unit of System 3 than outdoor unit of System 2.

(B) System 3 (Living 12k, Guest 9k, Study 9k), System 2 (Dining 12k, Master 12k). This technician reasoned that this configuration enables both outdoor units are more evenly utilised, which is better in the long run.

I'm indifferent to both but what do you think? Do both explanations above make sense? Or is there an optimum configuration not stated above?

Thanks so much! :)

Hi! I have the same dilemma.

Proposed set-up is
26k = 18k (living) + 9k (bed)
26k = 18k (master) + 9k (bed)
26k = 18k (dining) + 9k (study) + 9k (utility)

But this means using 2 outdoor units in the day (living+dining) and at night (master + 2 bed).

not sure if it would be better to use
36k = 18k (living) + 18k (dining)
36k = 18k (master) + 9k (bed) +9k (bed)
18k = 9k (study) + 9k (utility)

so that only 1 outdoor unit will be used at one time.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13:

and they will get a pleasant surprise and be glad that they were "forced" to buy a better aircon :s13::s13: .... and felt ashame for making a wrong choice in the first place to have selected panny :s13:

66523599.jpg

luckily..still able to get through. :o

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@cannotliao: u have any pics of ur aluminium brackets? how they mount it?

or is it that ur compressor sit on the AC ledge?

mine is old hdb 3N type... window slightly bigger than urs.. but mine dont have AC ledge for compressor...

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@cannotliao: u have any pics of ur aluminium brackets? how they mount it?

or is it that ur compressor sit on the AC ledge?

mine is old hdb 3N type... window slightly bigger than urs.. but mine dont have AC ledge for compressor...

normally for 1 side window, got ac ledge.

for those old hdb no ac ledge, hav to install bracket. shld be additional $150 for the bracket.

Last edited:

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@chunlianghere: u have lobangs for gd deal that can allow installment plans?

looking for Single Split inverter :o budget is $1000-1200+/- with power point+installation+brackets

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Decided to get ME non-inverter (seldom use) as cheaper & got purifier bla bla bla.

MH got no extra bla bla bla.......

So which dealer to get? Coolserve, Creation Aircon, Gain City or Aircon Designs?

Air-Con Refrigerant: R410A or R22?

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decided to get ME non-inverter (seldom use) as cheaper & got purifier bla bla bla.

MH got no extra bla bla bla.......

So which dealer to get? Coolserve, Creation Aircon, Gain City or Aircon Designs?

Air-Con Refrigerant: R410A or R22?

ermm may i know ur "seldom use" is how often u on it? like 4-6hrs a day?

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ermm may i know ur "seldom use" is how often u on it? like 4-6hrs a day?

We don't use everyday. Only when the nights are too hot to sleep. Even if I turn on will be 4~6hrs only. Usage: 60~90 days per year.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, sorry if discussed before, i tried to search this thread for the answer.

I would like to get a system 4 for 4 rooms, when in fact, I will most likely only use 2 rooms at a time.

When I look at the system 4. These are the specs

Mitsubishi MX4BD26 , it's 7k+7k+6k+6k BTU
Daikin MA56EV1, it's 6k+6k+4k+4k BTU

My question is , if i only use 2 units of a system 4 at a time, will the cooling power go u to say 12+12k for the Mitsubishi and 10k+10k for the Daikin? Or is the cooling power fixed at 4k BTU for example, no matter how many wall units on at a time?

thanks

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, sorry if discussed before, i tried to search this thread for the answer.

I would like to get a system 4 for 4 rooms, when in fact, I will most likely only use 2 rooms at a time.

When I look at the system 4. These are the specs

Mitsubishi MX4BD26 , it's 7k+7k+6k+6k BTU
Daikin MA56EV1, it's 6k+6k+4k+4k BTU

My question is , if i only use 2 units of a system 4 at a time, will the cooling power go u to say 12+12k for the Mitsubishi and 10k+10k for the Daikin? Or is the cooling power fixed at 4k BTU for example, no matter how many wall units on at a time?

thanks

in order to cool faster, the fcu must get around 9k btu from compressor.

for daikin ma56ev1, its btu is 20267. if all btu is 9k(ft25dvm), each fcu will get approximate 5066btu if all 4 fcu is switch on. so it might take a longer time compare to switch on 2 only.

so in yr case, u only switch on 2 unit most of the time, shldnt be a problem for daikin ma56ev1.

for mitsubishi, different liao, becos its btu is 36000, so all 4 fcu wil stil get 9000btu is switch on all at the same time. so cooling power will not lose out.

annai

Reaction score
Went around a few air con supplier querying about a new set of system 3 to replace existing. After much hunting, still went back to my last installer due to reasonable price and good workmanship. The lady boss , Mrs Ang is friendly and gives good advice. Settle for Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter 3 eventually, upgrade from LG non inverter currently using.

Twin City Air-Conditioning Engineering, Blk 9006 Tampines Street 93 #02-200. Tampines Industrial Park A Singapore 528840, (65) 6787 4642, (65) 6544 2191

Greatsolar

Reaction score
Went around a few air con supplier querying about a new set of system 3 to replace existing. After much hunting, still went back to my last installer due to reasonable price and good workmanship. The lady boss , Mrs Ang is friendly and gives good advice. Settle for Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter 3 eventually, upgrade from LG non inverter currently using.

Twin City Air-Conditioning Engineering, Blk 9006 Tampines Street 93 #02-200. Tampines Industrial Park A Singapore 528840, (65) 6787 4642, (65) 6544 2191

care to share the price?

Thanks

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

than got workmanship warranty?

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, wondered if anyone read yesterday Strait Times:s11:

Courts having promotion for

Samsung Inverter Single Split
(ASV09ESLXXSS/ASV09ESLNXSS)
9000 or 8500 BTU i think
4 Ticks
$899 with 2yrs installation warranty + 5yrs extended warranty..

on the other hand i'm comtemplating this

Panasonic Inverter Single Split (CUS9KKZ/CSS9KKZW)
8530 BTU
4 Ticks
$1099

Other than Bukit Timah outlet, which other outlets have most aircon choices?
wanna do a comparison on the spot... so need more varieties as was told that ME no stock ... :(

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for aircon i will pay more and go for jap brand than korea but the courts promotion samsung set bundle with the extra warranty with such a low price maybe can give a try but better confirm what the actual warranty coverage.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will buy Panasonic then :D

hmm wonder what else i miss out..

father's SP/PUB/Singtel and CS/SC bills
HDB house plan
my CPF statement (can login at courts later)

for max credit installment :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.