Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldng

Reaction score
I recently would like to install a 4 systems aircon. And found that samsung system is quite cheap. But is it good?Does anyone have any experience with it? I forget about it model no.

terumo

Reaction score
Bro Seowbin,
U on 1 unit, it will be slightly below half load.
It is worth switching to inverter (IMO)

Bro weiming85,
Your Cu should be 2e20.
U paying thru any credit crad promo for $2399?

MegaPixels

Reaction score
Just ordered my Mitsubishi System 3 inverter from Gain City that comes with the 5 years extended warranty. But the waiting time for installation is quite long, around 18 days. Can't wait for my new inverter system as my current same brand system 3 non inverter is getting old and keep biting on my monthly electricity bill.
Have read from the thread here and decided to go for one of Bro Terumo recommendation, thats why I go for Mitsubishi.
Anyone know of any shop that buy 2nd hand aircon inclusive of dismantling my existing units? Hope to fetch some $$ back if possible. :D:D:D Current unit is still working and service every quarterly.

edward1967

Reaction score
Hi All aircon expert ,

I had been away from Singapore almost 10 years and recently i decided to come back to settle down and bought a HDB 3 rm resale flat ( near Boon Keng Mrt ) , previous owner had installed aircon for 2 bedroom but already more than 10 years shall i change to a new aircon ?

I am thinking of having a new aircon at my living room cos is very hot , if i need to replace the old air con in my 2 bedroom + install a new aircon in my living room shall i buy a system 2 or system 3 ?

Any recommendation of aircon system which is cost saving & quiet + powerfull ? Brother Terumo recommended Mitsubishi Aircon in his previous thread which means if i choose Mitsubishi aircon i will have 2 option :-

1) MXY-3A28VA / 2*MSYGE10VA / MSYGE13VA
2 Bedroom = 8530 BTU
1 Living = 11942 BTU

2) mxy4a28va / 2* MSYGE10VA / MSYGE13VA
BTU same as above

Can i know which option shall i choose ? Where shall i buy the aircon & where can i get a good contractor to help me to install ? Any good
recommendation ?

Although i bought the hse but i will only be back to Singapore on July to start renovate the hse but i am now busy looking for infomation , i sincerely hope everyone can help me .

Btw now in Singapore whose painting service company is good ? :s22:

shawnsoh80

Reaction score
I recently would like to install a 4 systems aircon. And found that samsung system is quite cheap. But is it good?Does anyone have any experience with it? I forget about it model no.

I have very bad experience with Samsung aircon. The moment it was installed, the aircon is weak and compressor very noisy. My house was vacant for 3 months after aircon installation. Immediately 13 months after installation the aircon delay burnt (means I only use for 10 months actually). Samsung agent repair is very expensive so I got others to repair. 6 months after repair the capacitor and compressor spoil. Compressor got 5 years warranty so it's free but the checking fee and workmanship for changing compressor is $350 before GST! Including capacitor repair total is around $500! The Samsung agent seemed very honest and told me not worth it to get it repaired. What a lemon. Stay away from Samsung aircon. Now i'm going to buy Mit electric inverter.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a system 2 inverter system. The two bedrooms are of relatively mid sized. My budget will be about $2.3k excluding bracket and installation.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Side track a bit, I am using LG Artcool a/c and my remote is dying. Anyone got lobang for sale? A/c remote model no. is 6711A20073T pls PM me. Thx.

weiming85

Reaction score
Bro Seowbin,
U on 1 unit, it will be slightly below half load.
It is worth switching to inverter (IMO)

Bro weiming85,
Your Cu should be 2e20.
U paying thru any credit crad promo for $2399?

yup will be paying via CC. they just told me it's $2399. you think it's good offer?

they told me is 10000 BTU for each room. i also not sure what does it mean. they say my hdb flat 4 rm, it's more than enough.

not sure how true it is.

any bro out there can advise me?

thanks.

iLuvSe7en

Reaction score
Panasonic System 3 Inverter

I just bought Panasonic System 3 Inverter (CS-S9NKZW) for $2599+$150 (bracket). Installation in June. Can anyone advise is Panasonic aircons better or Mitsubishi Electric Starmex? I can still change my orders by topping up $200 for MIT Starmex. Dilemma! Originally I went into the shop with my mind set on Starmex. But then when salesman told me Panasonic got econavi & nanoe-g functions etc, I changed my min. Hope I didn't make the wrong buy sia. Hehe...

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a system 2 inverter system. The two bedrooms are of relatively mid sized. My budget will be about $2.3k excluding bracket and installation.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
To weiming85,
Sys 2, $2399 includes any stuff like extended wart or bracket?

Last edited:

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure how to ask this question on google

but saw someone saying something like

if you can a 24000 btu compressor, your aircon unit is 10000 btu.. the compressor will run at ~41% (10000/24000)

when it reach it's target temperature... i suppose the compressor will 'spin down/standby' till the room temp too high then start to work again? this also means maybe at 9pm i just on all the 3 aircon, the compressor will work at 100% to cool all the 3 room. By ~10pm, the compressor so maybe work at 30% since all the room is cool by now? Or it will still work at 100% all the while?!!

any expert can answer this?

momolover26

Reaction score
Hi all

Need some advice on gettting aircon for a 29yr old 3rm flat. I came across some old posts in other forum that there is a power limit of 8.5amp for old flats even with the existing 15amp power point. We were interested in getting a mit inverter system 2 SRK25ZJ-S (2X9000BTU) and its outdoor unit is SCM45ZJ-S.(4.5kW [1.8~6.4]). Would this unit fits under the limit? If not, would it trip the circuit if we didn't set a limit then?

Many thanks in advence.

terumo

Reaction score
To seowbin,
If u r talking abt inverter, it will work at variable speed depending on the number of units u on and temp of the room.
So what u mentioned is around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.