Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To weidev,
Mit Electric/Panasonic sys 2 inverter ard $2.3-$2.4k.
No extended warranty thou.

cooldudey

Reaction score
Terumo, I settled for a toshiba inverter sys 3 instead of Starmex because its made in Japan. Price wise same. Is this a good choice?

belwee

Reaction score
Installing my aircon today... the sales guy from gc said they will do the vacuuming of system before pumping refrigerant. But the technician said no need cos all pipes are brand new. Is that true??

terumo

Reaction score
To cooldudey,
Toshiba quite uncommon as pricing quite high, but their compressor quite reliable.

To belwee,
Need to vacuum before releasing the gas into the system.
This practice will help to prolong life of system and better performance too.

carbon82

Reaction score
Can some kind soul help me with determining the correct compressor sizing with these data I have gathered? Contractors I have approached gave me 2 formula to workout the BTU requirement:
a) Room area x 700
b) Room area x 10.764 x 60

Bedroom 1 = 12.04m2 (Calculated BTU => a@8,428 b@7,776)
Bedroom 2 = 15.39m2 (Calculated BTU => a@12,600 b@11,625)
Bedroom 3 = 12.72m2 (Calculated BTU => a@8,904 b@8,215)
Living Room = 31.2m2 (Calculated BTU => a@21,840 b@20,150)

Other considerations:
- 2 out of 3 bedroom is facing the afternoon sun and can get very warm even at 10pm
- Aircon needed at all 3 bedroom everynight, operating from ~9:00pm to 6:00am
- Living room only turn on during weekend and sometime along with 1 bedroom

Questions:
1) If using Daikin MA56 compressor (~20K BTU) + 3 x 9K BTU (bedroom) + 1 x 12K BTU (living room) fancoils, good enough?
2) Beside Mitsubishi invertor system, what are the other brands recommended?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance. ;)

terumo

Reaction score
To carbon82,

Ur living room require min 18k btu.
Ma56 if use 3 units still ok.
Formula is around sq area x factor of 500. 700 a bit high.
Ur usage quite high, get inverter will be better.

kthxbye123

Reaction score
Just want have few question to ask all the aircon pros. Hope that someone could help me. :)

First, how much is single split MUY-GE10VA / MSY-GE10VA including powerpoint and stainless steels bracket cost? Cause a bit budget at around 1.3k and below.

Second, is it possible to install the outdoor unit at one room and indoor unit at the other study room for single split aircon?

Third, how much is the monthly electricity bill for one aircon if you on it for like 10 hours daily at 23-24 degree?

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does 3/8 inch or 1/2 inch insulation really matter? I'm getting a Mitsubishi Sys 4 for my resale flat.

SomethingWrongHere

Reaction score
need advice

recently bought system 3 LG aircon, neighbor below complaint hdb say compressor drip water very noisy, so we ask the vendor to install a tray which will drip water to the side....now hdb call us again say the water dripping down is causing algae on the wall below....

anybody got this kind of issue?

Last edited:

carbon82

Reaction score
To carbon82,

Ur living room require min 18k btu.
Ma56 if use 3 units still ok.
Formula is around sq area x factor of 500. 700 a bit high.
Ur usage quite high, get inverter will be better.

Thanks terumo. Yes, my usage is high and thus am worried about excessive wear and tear if I am to get an undersize compressor (is MA56 @5.6KW / 19,108BTU more suitable for system 3 than a proper system 4?).

I am seriously considering invertor system too, but don't know which brand to get, cos the more I read online and hear from contractors, the more I get confused. Panasonic or Mit Electric, or even Midea (I am in China for sometime and Midea is a rather established brand there).

BTW, are you in aircon business? Thanks again for your valuable input. :)

carbon82

Reaction score
need advice

recently bought system 3 LG aircon, neighbor below complaint hdb say compressor drip water very noisy, so we ask the vendor to install a tray which will drip water to the side....now hdb call us again say the water dripping down is causing algae on the wall below....

anybody got this kind of issue?

Check if there is a pipe installed (from ext. to your house) to drain condensate from the compressor?

terumo

Reaction score
carbon82,
I am not in the aircon biz.
Get inverter will be better as ur usage is high.

Kooosh

Reaction score
Planning to get a new non inverter for my home. Planned usage is only for sleep or when I'm studying at home in the day and the weather is too hot.

Is there any contractor out there who can install new air conditioning units without destroying the in-build wardrobes?

warrenlynch

Reaction score
Seek advice on air con gas leakage

I have a system 3 fujitsu and it is about 6 years old. Recently the aircon does not blow cold air and there is condensation in the trunking. I got a technician to try to fix the problem, and he told me that it is due to the gas leaking. He said it is very difficult to trace the leak. And if the gas still leaks after a week, I should replace the aircon, instead of fixing the gas leak. Finding the leak and fixing it will cost be about $700.

Any advice on this? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.