Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbelly80

Reaction score
Jus updating, went down to Giant the Midea Inv sys3 28btu come with free disposable of old air con n free installation + unlimited box up of piping cost is 2088.

Any feedback on Midea? Or I shall take up Mitsubishi electric 28KBTU at 3088?

Many thanks in advance :)

terumo

Reaction score
To oprahsbs,

18.5 sqm, 12k btu should be enough, unless u got open concept like link to kitchen.

terumo

Reaction score
To bigbelly80,

I suggest u take Mit Electric Starmex.
There is a reason where the Midea is cheap assuming the labour cost is the same.

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am tinkin of getting Trends casement aircon to replace my current spoilt casement aircon, is it advisable?

The salesman told mi tat there is no difference in electricity savings if I buy a casement and a system 1 aircon, is it true?

Lastly, any forumers used this brand before? Any reviews?

Tia

:s12::s12:

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Air-Con Experts,

I rec'd the following quotation. Are the price reasonable?
Also, which brand is better?

Inverter type system 4
Toshiba
RAS-4M26SACV - RASM24SKCV / RASM10SKCV x 3 = $ 4600 nett

Mitsubishi starmex
MXY4A28VA - MSYGE24VA / MSYGE10VA x 2 = $ 4200 nett

Mitsubishi heavy industrial
SCM80ZJ - SRK60ZJ - SRK25ZJ = $ 4100 nett

- free upgrade to half inch brand for Armaflex class "O" insulation
- free upgrade to G23 copper pipe
- free upgrade to 16mm drainage pvc pipe c/w Armaflex class 1 1/4 thickness
- 3c x 40 Tai Sin / keystone cable (made in singapore) 3 years warranty for wiring control
- free 2 trips installation
- free dismantle & disposal of old air-con
- one year warranty for worksmanship & air-con equipments. Five years warranty for compressor

Thanks all for the help!

cowcowtan

Reaction score
Dear Experts

I got a quote for the following works/installation, please let me know if cheap or not:

1. terminate 3 fcu for existing system 5; and
2. supply and install Fujitsu inverter system 3 AOAG24/ASAG09x3.

Quoted me $2,550.00 but will be reusing my existing piping.

Thanks in advance!

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Teddy123,

Casement units as compared to Single split (system 1) unit tend to generate more noise. Especially if the unit is of a certain age, the vibration against the windows might be rather loud at times.

When it comes to energy savings, most of the single split units now are running inverter technology with 4 ticks energy efficiency rating. Casement units are usually on 2 ticks.

Cost wise, there isn't too much difference between installing casement or a single split.

If you are looking at long term, personally I would prefer to go for a single split inverter with 4 ticks. Something along the line of Mitsubishi Electric Starmex whereby maintenance will be easier in the long run.

You might want to consider fixing up aircon in the other rooms if necessary so that there is no need to go thru the whole installation process again. (some hdbs might not be able to take 2 condensers so consider first if there is a need to aircondition the other rooms before making your choice)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham,

Hi,

I am tinkin of getting Trends casement aircon to replace my current spoilt casement aircon, is it advisable?

The salesman told mi tat there is no difference in electricity savings if I buy a casement and a system 1 aircon, is it true?

Lastly, any forumers used this brand before? Any reviews?

Tia

:s12::s12:

r1verflow

Reaction score
is panasonic inverter aircon good? saw on courts online, feel the design is nice but usually aircon the branded ones seem to be mitsubishi starmex. anyone use panasonic before? i'm new so cannot post the url to courts website.

Orange_Tea

Reaction score
Hi. I would like to install a System 4 (3 Bedroom + 1 Living Room) and prefer to use Daikin or Mitsubishi.

Anyone got quotation or dealers to recommendation? Need good contractors as my house currently no aircon, need some hacking, bracket and powerpoint installation.

terumo

Reaction score
To teddy123,
As per Jason explaination, I will suggest single system.
The energy consumption is lower & more efficient compared to a casement.

terumo

Reaction score
To Titansmall,
The quote for ME & MHI is reasonable, thou Toshiba is a bit too high thou.

terumo

Reaction score
To cowcowtan,

Have u considered other brands like Mit/Panasonic which r ard the same price range?

terumo

Reaction score
To Orange_tea,

For Mit sys 4, price range ard $4k.
Daikin might be slightly higher.

terumo

Reaction score
To r1verflow,
Panasonic is quite value for money considering their prices r lower compared to Mit Electric & Daikin.

Orange_Tea

Reaction score
To Orange_tea,

For Mit sys 4, price range ard $4k.
Daikin might be slightly higher.

I just checked my flat seems to belongs to the older ones. 8.5 amps limit, might not have the required 15 Amps power point.

Do you provide powerpoint installation service + HDB application + bracket together or just aircon installation?

Happy Family

Reaction score
Dear Experts

I got a quote for the following works/installation, please let me know if cheap or not:

1. terminate 3 fcu for existing system 5; and
2. supply and install Fujitsu inverter system 3 AOAG24/ASAG09x3.

Quoted me $2,550.00 but will be reusing my existing piping.

Thanks in advance!

Please be wary of Fujitsu service. They charged transport fees of S$80 for every trip.

Happy Family

Reaction score
Hi Ray value for money is now KIMURA Japanese brand. Got this installed at my home. It has 4 ticks which is the excellent label from NEA. Would say it is upcoming in the market especially with the features.Slim looking/energy saving/built in air cleaner/temp dislay as well. Now i think on promo at exclusive dealer stores. Got mine from Tai Sin Electrical. Do consider its worth the thought! cheers!!

Do u mind sharing, how much do u pay, is this an inverted unit n how u find it after use?

Happy Family

Reaction score
For that price range seriously i will take Daikin anytime..

Happy user of Fujitsu for last 5 yrs + , will take Fujitsu over Mit Electric anytime (My current unit haven't been service at all in last 5 yrs lol)

Anyway i opted for Daikin this time.. Piping installation Next Saturday.

Good decision! Our Fujitsu Unit spoilt after 5 years! And their service is terrible, all they care is their transport charge. U have to pay them for investigating your unit, 1st trip-thats fair. After checking, i was told to replace the motherboard at cost above 500 and must add transport charge and gst. ????? Reason with them is totally useless, they said u pay or no repair....

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hmm talked to a few of the aircon servicing guy, toshiba, mitsubishi electric? not the one by jack neo and daikin like more recommended?'

i using toshiba inverter. so far so good. only 1 unit one part spoil within 3yrs? end up is FOC replacement for the part. gain city.

i think if rooms r big or for living room.dining etc, need to have someone come down to give quotes n advice since higher BTU? might be required to ensure the sys doesn't overwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.