Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagase_4

Reaction score
Hi all,

Getting a System4 aircon this week...most prob will be mitsubishi starmex.
Anyone place selling it at good price?
Can recommend? Thanks!

Yvanderw

Reaction score
Just to share my bad bad bad experience.

Hi All,
I purchased MHI system 4 from GC at Changi Expo during promotion. Sales did not bother to check where I stay.
On installation day, technician found the compressor can not fit to MBR windows aircon ledge. Tried to call sales, no luck. Called and spoke with CS, they told me sales was off duty, and they end up pushed me to change with Panasonic brand, and told me, if I don't confirm on immediate, they will need to charge $150 for delaying installation.
I went to GC Sengkang for reporting the problem. One staff helped to make some call, and next day, sales called and arranged to change the aircon with Starmex system 4. I requested to change the technician with more senior one.
However, the next technician came even worst.
They did not cover my parquet floor, causing lots of scratches.
They also made one side of work desk in my common room broken on the alignment due to kena heavy pressure. And they also joint the cooper pipe, reasoning pipe already more than 15m. And worst, they did not bother to do vacuum for the piping. I called the sales and only being told to submit the feedback by email, which I did.
Different supervisor came to my house, to check and only apology for all the problem and promised to follow up with office today.
Just to share, so if you intend to get GC for your aircon, think twice. I am very disappointed.

funnyclown

Reaction score
Hi Terumo

Appreciate if you can advise:

1) what are the various amp points available and charges? What is it for or rather how does it equip to which ever system?

2) what is the differences between Mitsubishi Heavy industries vs Starmex?

Many thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
To funnyclown,

1. Usually 15amp power point will be enough for aircon usage.
Cost ard $200-$300, depending on location & difficulty of job.

2. They are 2 different brands. I will say quality wise, Mit Electric will be better.

funnyclown

Reaction score
To funnyclown,

1. Usually 15amp power point will be enough for aircon usage.
Cost ard $200-$300, depending on location & difficulty of job.

2. They are 2 different brands. I will say quality wise, Mit Electric will be better.

:s11::s11:didn't know they are 2 different brands? Err..so Starmex comes under Mit electric or??

Doraemon70

Reaction score
I was quoted 3.3k for
Mitsubishi Electric Starmex MXY-3A28VA system 3 2700 btu inverter
Dunno g23 or 22 copper pipe
Replace new iron bracket for outdoor unit
Installation and
Uninstall my 2 old indoor AirCon unit

Is the price reasonable? Thanks.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Darkortal,

How often to service your units is always dependent on your usage/environmental factors.

A rough guide would be that for daily users, it is recommended to service your units every 3-4 months. Especially for those with children/pets/smokers whereby the units will tend to get dirtier due to powder/fur/cigarette smoke

For the average users every 6 months and once a year for those that seldom use their units.

What you can do for self upkeep will be to wash your aircon filters regularly and also wipe the exterior of your units 1-2 times a week. Some brands allow easy removal of vanes etc that makes the upkeeping job easier.

What you can also do would be to ask your appointed contractor after your servicing how often would you need to service your units. They should be able assess the current condition of your units and advise accordingly for your consideration.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

how often should we service the air con and what self service can we do?

limchyehuat

Reaction score
Hi if i want to change my system 4 unit. Can i keep the gas and water pipings and cables and just change the indoor and outdoor units as all items are inside trunking and some concealed. About 14 yrs old already.

Kooosh

Reaction score
Any promotions/lobang for a 3+1 now? Planning to remove my current gone-case-for-years unit and get new one next month ..

Jerineng

Reaction score
Try or nt to try

I gt pm quote frm the forum fer install

Mitsubishi system 3 cost $3100 including installation, dismantle and disposal c/w bracket gv mi 1 unit 12BTU and 2 unit 9BTU and 1 yr wkmanship warranty

veli tempted coz veli gd px bt they say they r msian contractor so no co name and biz register num n cant gv mi official quote so I am abit hesitant bt they sound sincere.

anybody can adv if they try b4 someting lke tat n hw is the quality?
gt bad exp b4 so wanna b extra sure b4 I commit.

TIA

Deepvk

Reaction score
Hello, is it worth getting a system 2 mitsubishi starmex for $2200 nett. MXY2E20 and MSYGE10. Glad if anyone can share your knowledge. Thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
To Doraemon70,

Is it for 3 x 9k btu blower units?
Nowadays they use stainless steel brackets, no longer use iron bracket.

Yvanderw

Reaction score
If I may comment, quote is still reasonable,
I personally, I don't bother to spend more $$$ and even willing to give kopi money for the job done nicely, as appreciation.
But if you anyhow choose vendor based on cheapest one, you will risk the job not done properly, end up wasting your time and $$$ and more headache.
My suggestion is to check the quality of the vendor, rather than tempted with cheap proposal or sweet talk. And do not hesitate to ask question or to check when they carry out the job, to make sure you got what you already paid.
Its time to open it here on the table, which vendor is good, and which vendor is not good, so bad experience won't happen to other.
Let the vendor think, if their name and image are not good, because the way they carried the job not good, it is their option.
Remember, people talk based on their experience.

ian123

Reaction score
Hi,

Quoted this for the brandnew model Daikin System 5 but i am using only 4 FCU.

Maximum power of condenser at 8.5Amp = 28,000BTU
Max power of condenser at Unlimited Amp = 42,300 BTU

Condenser 5MKS100LSG
FCU 1 X FTKS25DVM 9000BTU
FCU 2 X FTKS35DVM 12000BTU
FCU 1 X FTKS60FVM 20400BTU
Total Daikin Price $4,850

Upgrade to 3/4' Armaflex Insulation
Upgrade copper pipe to 22 gauge
Drainage 16mm
Wiring FCU 4C40 to Fan Coil Unit, 3C70 Wiring from Condenser to power point
Total Price $400 for upgrade

Stainless Steel Bracket $150

TOTAL COST $5,400 ($4,850 + $400 + $150)

Is the above cost Okay. Anyone want to quote? Plan to buy very soon from GainCity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.