Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian123

Reaction score
My Piping will be exposed in the white trunking /casing (not inside wall, nor in false ceiling). So it will be a very easy install. Piping will run along / outside the walls.

To ian123,

Ur piping above ceiling or concealed in wall?

bacon

Reaction score
Hi all,

was quoted 2370 for MXY2E20/MSYGE10VA x 2 c/w stainless steel bracket

G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to ½ thick Class O thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit and Class 1 black rubber insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit, Singapore Keystone cable, 16mm pvc pipe and pvc trunking

worth it ?

Mind sharing from which store?

terumo

Reaction score
to ian123,
If in trunking, i think max 1/2 is enough, no need for 3/4.
But price is reasonable thou.

ian123

Reaction score
to ian123,
If in trunking, i think max 1/2 is enough, no need for 3/4.
But price is reasonable thou.

1. Thanks. But I still prefer to go for 3/4" inch insulation. I am paranoid about sweating and condensation.

2. How about wiring from Condenser to Fan Coil? Is 4C40 good enough or 3C70 worth the additional investment? I am running 2 Fan Coils at 12,000 BTU, 1 Fan Coil at 21,000BTU and the last one at 9,000BTU.

3. I can easily buy a 100 meter 3C70 wire from hardware shop for just $125 for Keystone or Taisin.

Oryzaa

Reaction score
recommendation for installation

Hi all
can i check what is the market price for installation (only) for a system 2? It will be a brand new installation in a 3rm HDB. no previous brackets no previous piping.

ian123

Reaction score
Hi all
can i check what is the market price for installation (only) for a system 2? It will be a brand new installation in a 3rm HDB. no previous brackets no previous piping.

You can check the coolserve website. They breakdown the price for equipment and installation.

zetaphonx84

Master Member
Reaction score
Heya guys, would like to get some feedback on EuropAce aircon system.. I saw that certain models have better spec and cheaper than mistubishi.. Consume lesser electricity as well.. Is it reliable?

Thanks

GloveK8

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi aircon gurus..

I am currently planning to buy a system 3 for my family, my family has a system 4 that was installed like 15 years ago. Anythings that i need to take note when asking the price all these? From some of the things i read is like asking everything to be written in black & white, the price to be the final price in case of the contractor wanting to increase it.

and also for replacement, what do i need to ask the person? will it be more expensive? some advertisement ive saw listed the price with standard installation.. so Im abit puzzled on how is it going to be like..

And i saw some people that replace their aircon mention abt the contractor using the old copper wires? is it a muz to change? my old aircon is trunking type, so should the new aircon use back the trunking?

Sorry for having so many questions? because its my first time buying such an expensive thing, and is there any recommended retailer or shops? my budget is around 2.5 to 3k inclusive of installation.. Thanks!!!

deathdealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suggest you to avoid starmex, problematic air con. compressor unit component spoils easily. .

lak3rol

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to buy system 2 for my home. currently have system 3, need to downgrade.
Any recommendations? Also, do they provide removal service for my current systems, change of piping etc etc.

Thanks.

ivanlcm

Reaction score
ct aircon and stl aircon companies

these two companies are offering quite good prices for aircon systems.

for ct aircon, mhi system 4 (4x9k btu) it's going for $3175. starmex $3295. they also have credit card installment plans for up to 36 months, plus $200 ntuc vouchers. sounds like a very good deal.

too good to be true? any catch? anyone use these companies before? or anyone heard anything about these companies?

please feel free to reply to let us know.

thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
To lak3rol,

Says 2 should be are $2k-$2.4k depending on brand & model plus new piping.
Removal of ur old aircon should be inclusive.

terumo

Reaction score
To ian123,
4c40 have 1 spare wire coil as fan coil need 3 coil only.
Keystone & Taisin will be a better brand then other brands.

kon_sk

Reaction score
Anyone knows if there is "second hand" value to working old aircon unit?

Mitsubishi Sys4 + Sys 1

Backside itchy want to change (but feel wasteful to throw the working one away)

terumo

Reaction score
to kon_sk,

maybe u can sell to your friends. Direct selling to aircon companies have little value.

GloveK8

Master Member
Reaction score
just order with the dealer terumo recommended.. Mitsubishi system 3 @ $2850, but need to wait for the person to come down to check is there any additional cost.. hopefully it will turn out well

Oryzaa

Reaction score
Reasonable?

I was quoted 2400nett for ME sys 2 (uses same installation materials as gaincity), powerpoint $120. - Is this ok?

or

ME system 2 (only) @ $1300 + installation ($950) + powerpoint $220 - this supposedly says he uses better materials, by which he means G22 copper and armaflex, the rest same as supplier 1. Is the thicker copper and armaflex really necessary?

All in all, its about 2500$ for a complete installation, its not considered really cheap isnt it?

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo, will be looking at a/c for 4 rooms in Punggol. My new house will arrive somewhere end of this year. My plan was to get System 4. Here are my questions.

1) Which brand is better ? I seen alot and talk to people at expo. They recommend Mitsubishi Electric ones.

2) For typical Punggol 4 room flat (90 Sqm) with System 4 a/c, is it good to have additional small compressor or just get a big compressor ?

3) What would be the ideal cost of System 4 ? Went to many Expo and Gain City. Saw the price around S$3.8k ~ S$4.1k..

Aircon noob here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.