Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U didnt check the term and condition with them before buying? I advice u ask them about this😁

The SA never mentioned about this and he told me if you are not a heavy user, then first year no need for servicing is still covered under warranty.

Between my sister also got her at GC using Mit StarMex. Already 1 year with no issue, she told me very quiet and cooling.

Netiya1987

Reaction score
The SA never mentioned about this and he told me if you are not a heavy user, then first year no need for servicing is still covered under warranty.

Between my sister also got her at GC using Mit StarMex. Already 1 year with no issue, she told me very quiet and cooling.

Good to hear that.. That happened to them after 2year plus.. When the aircon started to create noise..but warranty not covered.. Anyway they already got 3rd party to check but still the same now when the noise came they just need to knock the fancoil hard a few times and the noise gone.. Maybe it depend on luck.. Anyway good luck..

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Usually all SA is the same.. When selling everything all ok.. When problem push here push there. Just like at june 2014 my brother brought EuropAce 23k btu model with 9k btu x 3 installed by EuropAce installer. End up august 2014 started leaking water. Informed EuropAce SA end up drag here and there Dec then come check and fix date the change the pipping.

Netiya1987

Reaction score
To me personally, for aircon definitely need warranty covered and cannot be too cheap.. For me only either LG or Mitsubishi for aircon. But also depend on luck..

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually all SA is the same.. When selling everything all ok.. When problem push here push there. Just like at june 2014 my brother brought EuropAce 23k btu model with 9k btu x 3 installed by EuropAce installer. End up august 2014 started leaking water. Informed EuropAce SA end up drag here and there Dec then come check and fix date the change the pipping.

Court think trying to push this local brand, EuropAce to me telling me that it's compressor same as Mit StarMex.

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Choose wisely. Aircon replacement is a messy job. Dont be penny wise pound foolish.

desmoning

Reaction score
Any comment on big box aircon?? I just sihn up lg sys4. Then read their review on delivery of items sucks big time. But all on furniture n electronic items. Any advise?

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Court think trying to push this local brand, EuropAce to me telling me that it's compressor same as Mit StarMex.

The compressor is Mitsubishi but the rest of the condenser and fancoil is not.. Some SA even worst can say that EuropAce is exact same as Mitsubishi starmex just the logo changed to local brand EuropAce..

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The compressor is Mitsubishi but the rest of the condenser and fancoil is not.. Some SA even worst can say that EuropAce is exact same as Mitsubishi starmex just the logo changed to local brand EuropAce..

As what the SA at Court told me as long as it's not China made, it's ok but then the SA at BigBox told me different thing.

They also recommend Midea Aircon to me which is a China brand.

Xeon_sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of/used Pure Air or Tim Wong (Imperial Distributors)? Reliable?

Xeon_sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To me personally, for aircon definitely need warranty covered and cannot be too cheap.. For me only either LG or Mitsubishi for aircon. But also depend on luck..

After reading up in forums, the common advise is that worksmanship is primary, aircon brand is secondary.

Even if one purchases the best and most expensive aircon, if installation never do properly... user bears the consequences.

terumo

Reaction score
To marcoyeo,

Daikin still have non-inverter aircon for sale.
Ma56ev16 is the outdoor model.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Inverter Air Con is more easily to spoil as compared to non Inverter Air Con but electricity saving is more.

techguru

Reaction score
Any other retailers to recommend other than GC ? Seems like some people had bad experience with GC.

Think the others are not so aggressive when it comes to marketing.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any other retailers to recommend other than GC ? Seems like some people had bad experience with GC.

Think the others are not so aggressive when it comes to marketing.

I think it's all by luck. If you get a good installer, then you are rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.