Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleY

Reaction score
My old aircon keep on freezing at the fan coil. I ask technician to check and he says the gas and filter are ok. He suspect is the thermostats or the blower not strong enough. I try keeping the fan at max speed but it still freezes. Anybody got any idea?

Kenny_Naboo

Reaction score
haha - what a joke. Your salesman must be a joker. I encountered many salesman recently to ask about A/C. 8/10 of them warned me a "no no"

Not much comment but reliability & efficiency - I rather spend more on Starmex or Daikin.

Thanks.
That's what I thought too. Been to a few other places and ppl are telling me to stick to Daikin, Mitsu and LG.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Pls help suggest:
I'm staying in the old type 5Rm point block. Those with 4 units each floor and Living and Dining areas are L-shaped.
There is a small ledge and I seen my neighbors put their compressor there.
My flat been upgraded by HDB.
Mainly 3bedrooms aircon used every night for 7-9hrs.
Living and Dining used only when hv guests or CNY only.

In my mind.....
For my 3 bedrooms = Mit Starmex System 3 ( MXY-3A28VA with 3 X MSY-GE10VA)
For Living/Dining = Daikin System 2 ( not sure )
(I cannot use System 5 as window too small for compressor)

Since I don't turn on all at same time, one contractor told me save money to get a System 4 and modify to add a "junction-box" to re-direct gas to Living and Dining units.....Anyone done this before?

Does Daikin / Mitsubishi has this junction box or its simply a universal type (any brand can use) ?

terumo

Reaction score
To STREAM2,

I think the junction box can only be used on Daikin non inverter model.
Inverter model cannot work with these after market box & warranty on equipment will be void once modifications are made.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just installed Panasonic aircon ytd. Initially on my aircon it was v cold until when I fall asleep and I woke up in the middle of the night that I realize the aircon is blowing lesser cold air. Is it normal? It is somewhat still quite cooling but less cold

My old national aircon don't have this and it was cold all the way

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just installed Panasonic aircon ytd. Initially on my aircon it was v cold until when I fall asleep and I woke up in the middle of the night that I realize the aircon is blowing lesser cold air. Is it normal? It is somewhat still quite cooling but less cold

My old national aircon don't have this and it was cold all the way

Inverter yes, once the temp reaching were reduce the compressor speed.

But make sure don't set to 26C, if 25C still maintain the cold until next morning.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But make sure don't set to 26C, if 25C still maintain the cold until next morning.

i set at 25C. woke up in the middle of the night feeling warm cos i got my blanket on lol

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
i set at 25C. woke up in the middle of the night feeling warm cos i got my blanket on lol

I knew Panasonic got it such issue. Cause compressor not strong enough, even in JB user also complain about single split, have to set on 23-24C vs ME Starmex on 25-26C temp.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I knew Panasonic got it such issue. Cause compressor not strong enough, even in JB user also complain about single split, have to set on 23-24C vs ME Starmex on 25-26C temp.

wah lao sian half. like that means electricity bill higher liao.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My bedroom aircon is now set to 27 degree. Is it ok to set that high ?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
My bedroom aircon is now set to 27 degree. Is it ok to set that high ?

If you can tahan at midnight keep it warm, should be not an issue.. i was prefer on 25C is fine for me.. :D
cause due to my comforter too thick already :(

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The pages too long, I personally using 3x panasonic inverter. quite quiet and cooling.

Any recommendation for new 3rm flat? (system 3) I don't really need v.cold air con, usually set 25-26 degrees with fan speed one. I need one that is v.energy saving. Cost saving and quiet is top 2 priorities

Thanks in advance. :)

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it taxing on the bill if for one hour i using the air con and next hour i switch off and then on it again in another hour rather than 3hr at one go?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
The pages too long, I personally using 3x panasonic inverter. quite quiet and cooling.

Any recommendation for new 3rm flat? (system 3) I don't really need v.cold air con, usually set 25-26 degrees with fan speed one. I need one that is v.energy saving. Cost saving and quiet is top 2 priorities

Thanks in advance. :)

Go with Starmex ME will do, you able to set on 25-27C is depend your room size and also can able to set the fan speed on quiet mode at 19db only, you even can't hear any noise from the airflow at all..

Get the 3A28VA + GE10VA x 2 + 13 or 18k on living room.
13K btu if your kitchen has door, if 18K without door on kitchen area also able to enjoy the cold air.. To compare from 13K would be slower a bit to keep the living room area full cooling.. If got door for enclose it... These was like the bedroom too, to be enjoy the fully Aircon room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.