Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a quotation from midea aircon, system 3, 21000btu total. 9k, 9k, 9k, 1899SGD, 2 years parts warrenty and 6 year compressor warrenty

could any expert tell me does it worth buy??

thanks

go for more established brands lah...

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
got a quotation from midea aircon, system 3, 21000btu total. 9k, 9k, 9k, 1899SGD, 2 years parts warrenty and 6 year compressor warrenty

could any expert tell me does it worth buy??

thanks

After 6 mths later, you would regret

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can answered you because your config same as me but my living room is using MSY-GE13VA.

I got from GC at around the same price as you and paid about 100 bucks more for the 5 years warranty.

I had used it for 2 months and so far so good. Last check my electrical bill went up by 20 bucks...............:eek:

I using on average 8 hours everyday.

Means yours is system 3? I think my compressor can't add one more air con. They gave me five years warranty and 8 years parts or donno what

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means yours is system 3? I think my compressor can't add one more air con. They gave me five years warranty and 8 years parts or donno what

No, mine is system 2, MXY2E20VAR2 + MSYGE10VAR2 ( Bedroom ) + MSYGE13VAR2 ( Living room ).

5 years warranty on parts and labour.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this is normal - upgrade the cooling insulation for 1/2 inch but for the return pipe keep it as 3/8 ?

terumo

Reaction score
To ipaq4444,
If to choose 1 pipe out of 2 to be insulated, I will choose to insulate the return pipe to 1/2.
Discharge pipe can remain at 3/8.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ipaq4444,
If to choose 1 pipe out of 2 to be insulated, I will choose to insulate the return pipe to 1/2.
Discharge pipe can remain at 3/8.

Hi Terumo,

Thank you so much for responding! if i am to do this, will there be a very higher chance of condensation? like 20 - 30% more or only slight 5% more?

from experience, if all the pipe for a system 4 is based on 1/2 inch insulation can it fitted into a 3x 4 trunking?

terumo

Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

Best is insulate both.

And if 4 sets of piping with 1/2 insulation, cannot fit into 4 x 3 trunking, it will be squeezed and defeats the purpose of having thicker insulation in the first place.

Min 6 x 3 or 6 x 4 for better fitting.

ctrlplusf5

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2.5 yr aircon not cold anymore. Checked and found out that refrigerant is kosong already :eek: Apparently there's a leak somewhere :(

My question is must I change all the aircons? Can I just change the piping but retain the condenser & evaporator units to save cost?

Is there any other way out to resolve the gas leaking problem?

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, can I ask a question on electrical bill.

Setting temp to 25 degree with fan speed max is it cheaper than setting temp to 21 degree with fan speed lowest ?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

Setting temp to 25 degree with fan speed max is it cheaper than setting temp to 21 degree with fan speed lowest ?

Each stop lower temperature are tell compressor for work harder... Compressor would running from Min. to Max input watts.

Fan motor of indoor just indicated for max 15-30w only.. Even switch to maximum fan speed just 30w only.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2.5 yr aircon not cold anymore. Checked and found out that refrigerant is kosong already :eek: Apparently there's a leak somewhere :(

My question is must I change all the aircons? Can I just change the piping but retain the condenser & evaporator units to save cost?

Is there any other way out to resolve the gas leaking problem?

2.5 yrs still new for all, just look at recommended Aircon services needed thread will do.

But make sure check all indoors and outdoor compressor gas pipes connections for flared nuts.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Each stop lower temperature are tell compressor for work harder... Compressor would running from Min. to Max input watts.

Fan motor of indoor just indicated for max 15-30w only.. Even switch to maximum fan speed just 30w only.

Fan Max liao...............:D

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

Best is insulate both.

And if 4 sets of piping with 1/2 insulation, cannot fit into 4 x 3 trunking, it will be squeezed and defeats the purpose of having thicker insulation in the first place.

Min 6 x 3 or 6 x 4 for better fitting.

so there is a 6 x 3 trunking in the market? all along i only know there is a 3x4 and the ugly 4x4

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Fan Max liao...............:D

Wow you can sleep ah? Higher noise wow.

Now was hot weather now bedroom just remain on 25C with 2 speed of fan only.

If still won't feel that cold & go down 1 step at least still maintain on 24C as lower now :D

But make sure to change your additional filter will do

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow you can sleep ah? Higher noise wow.

Now was hot weather now bedroom just remain on 25C with 2 speed of fan only.

If still won't feel that cold & go down 1 step at least still maintain on 24C as lower now :D

But make sure to change your additional filter will do

I will changed my filter every 3 months..................:s12:

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I was looking to ask this question also. But thanks to Kinsim for answering. I always put my aircon at 25 degrees with low fan speed. I was worried if I increase my fan speed the compressor might work hard and more electrical bills incurred :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.