Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightchaser

Reaction score
aircon contractor

hi bros,

Can any kind soul recommend me a reliable contractor to transport and install a single Mitsubishi Starmex inverter system for me ? I have source for my own aircon already so just need to install . Thanks. :s22:

LittleBB

Master Member
Reaction score
just sunday my LG aircon broke down, so my mum called this contractor and was quoted 3k to install new system for mits, is this overprice? i'm not sure what company it was. seemed like overprice to me.

3 airconditioning, i suppose need to change the main chiller?

hardwarezone1959

Reaction score
SEEK ADVICES

Hi Bros,

I am looking to get a new aircon to replace my existing non-inverter aircon.

3x Room : 4.1M(length) x 2.9M(width) x 2.6M(ceiling)
Usage : 9 hours daily, 3 rooms on simultaneously

The specs in bold is my ideal spec, but i think most low cost installers are using the lower specs.

Model : MXY-3A28VA
Fan coil : 3x MSY-GE10VA
Piping : 22 (or 23) SWG Copper
Insulation : 1/2" (or 3/8") ARMAFLEX Insulation (either class 1 or 0)
drainage : 20-25mm (16mm)
warranty : 5 years

Misc : Free dismantle of old aircon
Free installation of aircon
Rewiring : using at least 3C70(outdoor) 3C40 (indoor)
Proper pipe bender for corners for piping
BCA cert for bracket installer
vacuum pump after installation
max G22 copper pipe per FCU (have to find out whats the length)

Installation of stainless steel bracket : ideally below $150

I check the current limit on the compressor is 8.5A, do i need to install a 15A aircon power point? if i have a existing 15A powerpoint for my current aircon, would that be ok?

Looking at cost : $2880 + $150(bracket)

Any experts can advise if i have noted everything that is needed?

Hi, I am looking into doing the same. i had spend quite a bit of money repairing/replacing my current condenser. Only after 2 months the master bedroom is not cold. Can you please give me the company who quoted you the above job. BTW, how long had you had the air cons? I read an article somewhere that after 8 years of used, it will be time to change the air cons including the condenser. Also you are changing the piping as well? Is it necessary? Would be grate to hear from you and others experts on the above questions. thxs in advance >

Last edited:

STREAM2

Reaction score
Hi,
My current aircon system was installed by Gain City 12 years with a junction box.
Consist of a system 4 (one outdoor compressor) with 5 indoor units.
They added a so-call Junction Box next to outdoor unit.
Gain City told me my master room unit is linked with my Dining area unit.
And the two bedrooms are linked with my Living area unit.
I should not turn on Living and Dining if all 3 bedrooms unit are running and vice versa.
So if we have visitors or guest , we turn on Living and Dining and don't turn on the bedrooms' units.

Is such Junction Box still avail nowadays and what are disadvantages ?

Cos one aircon guy told me such boxes will cause cooling capacity to be reduced.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,
My current aircon system was installed by Gain City 12 years with a junction box.
Consist of a system 4 (one outdoor compressor) with 5 indoor units.
They added a so-call Junction Box next to outdoor unit.
Gain City told me my master room unit is linked with my Dining area unit.
And the two bedrooms are linked with my Living area unit.
I should not turn on Living and Dining if all 3 bedrooms unit are running and vice versa.
So if we have visitors or guest , we turn on Living and Dining and don't turn on the bedrooms' units.

Is such Junction Box still avail nowadays and what are disadvantages ?

Cos one aircon guy told me such boxes will cause cooling capacity to be reduced.

Daikin model?

Zerospace

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to get mitsubishi starmex MXY4A28VA outdoor unit over MXY3A28VA if going for system 3 (9k BTU X2 + 24K BTU ) ?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Is there any advantage to get mitsubishi starmex MXY4A28VA outdoor unit over MXY3A28VA if going for system 3 (9k BTU X2 + 24K BTU ) ?

Good for future if the air valve spoil then still got chance to use with the spare port.

To be save for maintenance fee as well

terumo

Reaction score
To zerospace,

There is no advantage unless you are intending to add one more blower unit in the future.

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Hi,

My old Panasonic system one split air-con has not been cold and dripping water for a long time. Last service in Jan but cannot solve the coldness or dripping water issue.

Any bro help got recommendations for good, reliable and resonable air-con repair services I can call on?

If can repair this weekend the best, if not see how.

If not I may want to consider replace the Panasonic system one with a Daikin system one if any around or have good recommendations.

Thank you very much.

sanzhu

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just sunday my LG aircon broke down, so my mum called this contractor and was quoted 3k to install new system for mits, is this overprice? i'm not sure what company it was. seemed like overprice to me.

3 airconditioning, i suppose need to change the main chiller?

sys 4 lg at 3299
courts
no warranty.....

xi ginna told me
con man this courts

advertise for wad

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

My old Panasonic system one split air-con has not been cold and dripping water for a long time. Last service in Jan but cannot solve the coldness or dripping water issue.

Any bro help got recommendations for good, reliable and resonable air-con repair services I can call on?

If can repair this weekend the best, if not see how.

If not I may want to consider replace the Panasonic system one with a Daikin system one if any around or have good recommendations.

Thank you very much.

If wanna reconsider brand new then ME Starmex will be better, the cooling amount can be slighly better than Daikin and Pana

The Daikin model & design from R22 inverter until now never improve and unchanged

Pana single split was fine too cause may slighly lower price & parts, also easy for maintenace than Daikin

Last edited:

zeroboi

Reaction score
For system 4, I was told 1/2 inch insulator will make the trunking very thick, so 3/8 is preferred, is it true? and does it affect its reliability and performance?

I was also told 22 grade copper pipe although stronger, is very hard to twist, so 23 is actually adequate and preferred, true too?

Am very confused with all the info and where to buy... thanks.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
For system 4, I was told 1/2 inch insulator will make the trunking very thick, so 3/8 is preferred, is it true? and does it affect its reliability and performance?

I was also told 22 grade copper pipe although stronger, is very hard to twist, so 23 is actually adequate and preferred, true too?

Am very confused with all the info and where to buy... thanks.

hm... thicker insulator would definitely be better at preventing condensation of the pipes. And it you're using the new 410A refrigerant which uses a higher pressure then a thicker Cu gauge would be better as well. both does add to installation cost. so you'll need to consider that...

paging Terumo for advise... :s13:

terumo

Reaction score
To thesingingbard,

I heard u... :)

To zeroboi,

1/2 insulation will make the trunking bigger.
G22 is thicker and harder to twist, this is better in terms of preventing gas leakage.
If the installers are using bender to twist, shouldn't be an issue, unless they are using bare hands.

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Hi , normally for aircon quotation , they put 16mm drainage pipe or 16mm drainage pipe with Armaflex , is ther any diff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.