Air purifier? - Part 2

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
You mentioned more horsepower. Mean turning to faster speed can still make it usable? Or 200 is still the max

That's the max fan speed already. You cannot overpower the HEPA too much as that would impact performance.
The pleats are 25mm depth only, with 84 folds over the 300mm length.

Check out and wait for qoo10 for deals, the original filter went for as low as 50 a pc shipped via registered post. I gotten 2 pcs last dec at that price
 
Last edited:

Ted100

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
225
Reaction score
2
Novita NAP 611

Hi peeps

I lost my manual and need to find out if there is a child lock on this model, and how to turn it on/off.

Does anyone here have a copy of the Novita NAP 611 manual? Or the newer NAP620 - the design looks familiar so I am hoping it would be the same to activate the child lock.

Thanks!
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
2 living rooms 1 office and 1 mbr

MBR is ok. The living rooms and office (assume small office) ok for up to say PSI 150? Will still be able to drop to PSI 60 or so (abt 20+ ug/m3), takes a bit longer also...like 1hr.

For haze, NEA recommends 2 to 3 ACH actually.

The 5 ACH recommendation is for allergens, actually my recommendation is 8 ACH minimum preferably 10.

Keep the originals for special use then. You have 2 per unit.
 

sehsuan

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2001
Messages
1,932
Reaction score
26
Actually it is not so bad.

My P500 has 3 speed airflow, the salesman told me it uses the patented technology to generate airflow. :s12:

From the last Haze till today I never turn off the machine and just wash the filters few times. So far so good. It is really quieter than my preloved one.

But I remember they got show me some product information at roadshow.

Anyway, there get many air purifiers in the market now.

Just buy the one you like most can alr.

just adding in... my best guess is that the patent isn't by POIEMA, but their OEM maker.

with so many electrostatic-only filters/machines in the market, i wouldn't be too sure a relatively unknown brand owns the patent :p
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
just adding in... my best guess is that the patent isn't by POIEMA, but their OEM maker.

with so many electrostatic-only filters/machines in the market, i wouldn't be too sure a relatively unknown brand owns the patent :p

Did a search, Trions got 9 patents filed for their machines.
But those are US patents. 1987-2000. Trion was quite a well known US coy then.

I am not a pro in patents, but what kind of patents are applicable in China?

I used Trions starting from 1994 after i found that i CMI with haze.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
Those who are interested in electrostatics, check out airdog on TB. Basically the cousin or even OEM of Poiema.

Not cheap there, so don't expect the Poiema P500 to be cheap.

http://world.taobao.com/search/sear...t=&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&search_type=0


The China patent? I don't know, TB just provide peekture. For your own ref, further investigation and conclusion.

TB2pW34kVXXXXbQXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!100899407.jpg


TB2VHo6kVXXXXbHXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!100899407.jpg
 
Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
new listing in qoo10 for xm2 spotted.

model : Genuine XiaoMi Air Purifier 2(+S$38.89)
With 3 Pin Adaptor : yes(+S$2.00)
FREE : Original Filter in-box
Xiaomi Filter : NONE
One year Warranty : YES

total S$217.88
qxpress free shipping


take note: but no buyers from this listing yet, and also mixed reviews from their other listings. don't just chiong in cos its cheap.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,332
Reaction score
15,768
MBR is ok. The living rooms and office (assume small office) ok for up to say PSI 150? Will still be able to drop to PSI 60 or so (abt 20+ ug/m3), takes a bit longer also...like 1hr.

For haze, NEA recommends 2 to 3 ACH actually.

The 5 ACH recommendation is for allergens, actually my recommendation is 8 ACH minimum preferably 10.

Keep the originals for special use then. You have 2 per unit.
You mean with the RMB29 hepa for 150psi?
I thought i read somewhere that if the outside is 150psi, indoor should be half like 75psi?
So it will only reduce to 65?

Actually my living room is quite big. It's liek two, the old kind.
But the people sitting in an area is just that 30m2.

I'm thinking if i place the AP near them, will it create a safety radius enough to keep them safe.
 

jmindy

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
:s12: Thanks for sharing.

I just wonder how Poiema can make an air purifier so different. (@@! 60 patented technologies..omg)

Now I am waiting for my delivery of P800. Maybe I can give a review also.

However, haze is really in singapore now. I can feel it when I am driving.

Hope it won't be too serious this year.

Those who are interested in electrostatics, check out airdog on TB. Basically the cousin or even OEM of Poiema.

Not cheap there, so don't expect the Poiema P500 to be cheap.

....
 
Last edited:

jmindy

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Price is cheap but if spoilt how? Send back to china? + Shipping might not be worth it.

Just to share passion living selling $261 (*1 yr warrenty + 3pins plug*) local shop.

I just bought 1 unit from them.

Is it NTUC selling one? I think I saw before.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
:s12: Thanks for sharing.

I just wonder how Poiema can make an air purifier so different. (@@! 60 patented technologies..omg)

Now I am waiting for my delivery of P800. Maybe I can give a review also.

However, haze is really in singapore now. I can feel it when I am driving.

Hope it won't be too serious this year.

No worries, our past few days/current conditions are like first half of July 2015. Not even mid-end Aug 2015 conditions. Very very mild.

Check out the history here :
http://fuzzyview.neocities.org/fuzzy25.htm
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
I think no catch lah. $176 just hoot if got need. At most 176 out.

Ps. There is catch, but more of true for bulky/bug items in China. Your product might be smashed. Happened with 1 x Mfresh M8088A. But that's like 30% bigger box than the XM2. XM2 pkg is 6.07kg and M8088A is 8.9kg.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top