Air purifier? - Part 2

kandinsky

Master Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
10
Does this product act like air purifier to purify air? Anyone use it before? https://world.tmall.com/item/163064...&skuId=3214759050969&is_b=1&cat_id=2&q=%B3%FD

Not really. Just do a simple google translate, from the keywords, you can infer that the product claims are with regards to absorbing formaldehyde and odours.

Foxwoods activated carbon charcoal bag of activated carbon to remove formaldehyde new home decoration in addition to formaldehyde odor absorbing carbon package home

So in that sense, yes, since it is activated carbon, it partially acts like air purifier, but only like the activated carbon layer (if your filter has one), but it does not act like the mechanical filtration of particulates like the HEPA filter does (will not remove particulates in the air).

Activated carbon is made to get smells and gases like VOCs. It is not designed to get particulate in general. In fact, activated carbon is made to be as porous as possible to get as much air into contact with the carbon.

http://particlecounting.tumblr.com/post/118902053409/can-activated-carbon-remove-formaldehyde
 

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
1. After turning off the power for Baygon liquid repeller, do you unscrew the liquid bottle then screw on the bottle cap?

2. If I only turn off the power and the liquid bottle is still unscrewed, attached to the white plastic Baygon plug head, is it still giving out vapours?

I turn off the the power only, I then switch on the air con and windows/door is closed, not sure if I am breathing in any vapours
 

tildveryn

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
0
1. After turning off the power for Baygon liquid repeller, do you unscrew the liquid bottle then screw on the bottle cap?

2. If I only turn off the power and the liquid bottle is still unscrewed, attached to the white plastic Baygon plug head, is it still giving out vapours?

I turn off the the power only, I then switch on the air con and windows/door is closed, not sure if I am breathing in any vapours

vaporizes... like water...
 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
blow out from the purifier? what do u think the hepa filter is for?
 

kandinsky

Master Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
10
Air purifer say you need to change the pre-filter every 3 months.

This means during the 3 months alot of dust is accumulated inside the purifer so when u on it everyday, you are actually breathing in all the dust that will blow out from the purifer?

Thus, using a purifer is actually worst?

Not following your train of thought. Logic fail? :s11:

If the filter is working as intended, why will any of the dust pass through? It will be trapped in the filter. If you put it there indefinitely, in theory the filter will get more and more clogged until no air passes through at all.

If your AP is blowing out dust, maybe you took out the old filter and forgot to replace a new one :s13:
 

marsbarsz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
3
Hello guys, I'm planning to get a air purifier for my office use, wondering if there are any affordable recommendations here that can be placed on the table or something?

But I understand that air purifiers are meant to purify the whole room, but I dont have a room to myself as we are just in office cubicles, so not sure if buying a personal purifier will have any use? Maybe a small rated one will do?
 
Last edited:

logitech123

Master Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2001
Messages
3,912
Reaction score
5
Hello guys, I'm planning to get a air purifier for my office use, wondering if there are any affordable recommendations here that can be placed on the table or something?

But I understand that air purifiers are meant to purify the whole room, but I dont have a room to myself as we are just in office cubicles, so not sure if buying a personal purifier will have any use? Maybe a small rated one will do?

don't think AP will work in your situation.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
Hello guys, I'm planning to get a air purifier for my office use, wondering if there are any affordable recommendations here that can be placed on the table or something?

But I understand that air purifiers are meant to purify the whole room, but I dont have a room to myself as we are just in office cubicles, so not sure if buying a personal purifier will have any use? Maybe a small rated one will do?

Is your office in a good "A-grade" commercial building? If so, no worries.....the air is already filtered quite ok. But if old buildings with old AHUs/HVACs, then maybe got sick building syndrome (nowadays also somewhat rare liao)
 

marsbarsz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
3
Is your office in a good "A-grade" commercial building? If so, no worries.....the air is already filtered quite ok. But if old buildings with old AHUs/HVACs, then maybe got sick building syndrome (nowadays also somewhat rare liao)

Not sure if counted as A-grade ley haha. But I know i'm prone to getting infected by flus and coughs quite easily so wanted to see if there's anything to help.
 

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2000
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
6
Any recommendations for an air purifier for master bedroom use?

basically, to mitigate the amount of dust in the room...

Can be either the continuous usage during sleep
or on for 1 hour before sleep type to do its work...etc

Secondary concern is the cost of the replacement filters or rather, the availability of OEM replacement filters..
 

greythorne

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
25
Can anyone tell me if the sensors in xiaomi air purifier 2 is accurate?

In the app the humidity is at around 70%. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Reason I'm asking is my walls have these white powdery stuff appearing every time Nippon painters come down to paint can't solve the problem, thier technical team took a sample to analyze and will get back to me soon.
 

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
16,912
Reaction score
0
having sinus issue, does air purifier helps to relief the condition?

any recommendation for one?

TIA
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
Xiaomi having sale on the Mi Air Purifier 1 on their official Lazada store now~
XM_DD_SIS_3Air.jpg

http://www.lazada.sg/9660899.html
 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
depending on the main cause of ur sinus. and same thing, recommendations are in the thread.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top