AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,586
I went apple orchard, this person also tried to solve my issue by resetting and repairing and tell me my issue should have solve. Tested it is not and she went ahead with the replacement.
 

bryansim

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
if it isn't that jialat. might have be more worthwhile to wait till march next year to exchange. so that u can have a "fresh" batt
Can’t wait out till then. Whenever I completed my work-outs, there is this constant static noise coming from the AirPods (left side more obviously loud) after like wearing for more than 30 mins. It gets more distinct under noise cancellation mode. It’s like a constant buzz in the background. Didn’t discover this issue previously because I was never active in gym until ** started and it just got unbearable a few weeks back after I step up my gym regime from 30 mins to >an hour per visit. And once I store the AirPods Pro back into the casing for awhile, the problem just went away the next time I put it back on. But will come back after I finished my run. Glad that this was actually a known problem and managed to have my AirPods changed. Hopefully the problem is resolved. I’ll be at the gym later to check it out.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Can’t wait out till then. Whenever I completed my work-outs, there is this constant static noise coming from the AirPods (left side more obviously loud) after like wearing for more than 30 mins. It gets more distinct under noise cancellation mode. It’s like a constant buzz in the background. Didn’t discover this issue previously because I was never active in gym until ** started and it just got unbearable a few weeks back after I step up my gym regime from 30 mins to >an hour per visit. And once I store the AirPods Pro back into the casing for awhile, the problem just went away the next time I put it back on. But will come back after I finished my run. Glad that this was actually a known problem and managed to have my AirPods changed. Hopefully the problem is resolved. I’ll be at the gym later to check it out.

If it’s too obvious then no choice.

If it’s only slightly, might have made sense to like wait
 

toturi49

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
also had a problematic Left Airpods pro having static noise.

Checked warranty status left until December

Brought down to apple store & run some diagnostic , got both replaced in like 15mins - Gave me the earbuds replacement for both side also

Great service
 

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
107
after swopping, i did not update the firmware on the new ones and they were great.
last night i updated to the latest firmware (3A283), sad to say, the static/crackling and random audio lost is back. Happened 2 times on my 1hr journey.

1st time it was a constant crackle and static on both sides. i thought could be some crosstalk of sort since the train was moving along the Khatib/YCK/AMK route.

then when i was underground, the static and crackle appears again.
this time it cuts the audio off but my spotify is still playing.

So same thing, i turned OFF ANC and turn it back ON and audio was resumed.

this is exactly the same issue i faced prior to exchanging this new pair.
 

leogeo

Master Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
3,744
Reaction score
3
I got the replacement set today at MBS. Anyone feels that the replacement feels less 'premium'? Like OEM or refurbished set.
- they took it out from some random white box
- the airpods feel lighter (could be due to the non rubber ear buds - see point below)
- the earbuds are more flimsy (like more plastic-ky) as compared to the original rubber buds.
 

keechiu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,443
Reaction score
163
That sucks. Shall wait till my Apple care about to finish then swap it. Probably by then they should iron out the static noise problem via software updates.

after swopping, i did not update the firmware on the new ones and they were great.
last night i updated to the latest firmware (3A283), sad to say, the static/crackling and random audio lost is back. Happened 2 times on my 1hr journey.

1st time it was a constant crackle and static on both sides. i thought could be some crosstalk of sort since the train was moving along the Khatib/YCK/AMK route.

then when i was underground, the static and crackle appears again.
this time it cuts the audio off but my spotify is still playing.

So same thing, i turned OFF ANC and turn it back ON and audio was resumed.

this is exactly the same issue i faced prior to exchanging this new pair.
 

keechiu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,443
Reaction score
163
I’m wondering if the lost of audio/static sound is caused by TraceTogether app. Seems like something is interfering with the connection.
 

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
107
I’m wondering if the lost of audio/static sound is caused by TraceTogether app. Seems like something is interfering with the connection.

its been said to be so
i experience it with my Nuraloops also but less frequent than APP
 

joshua_coolone

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gave a call to apple support and talked to an advisor since I am using Airpods Pro with an Android phone and wanted to check its manufacturing date, to see if I can replace the airpods.

The advisor asked for the airpods firmware, serial number and whether it was purchased from an apple store. I told her it was from a credit card promo Singsaver.

After a while, she said it's eligible for repair and set me up for an appointment in Jewel airport apple store.

Headed down there and the staff just asked what's the problem with it briefly. He took the airpods without the case and tested it in the backroom.

Both sides got problem and was replaced. The staff also told me this free replacement is only available within 2 years of the airpods purchase date and whether it's manufactured before Oct 2020.

Also, there's a 90 day warranty for the replaced airpods if there are still issues.

Kudos 👍🏻
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top