Alipay in China

comex_1

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
677
Reaction score
4
information can be found in Weichat thread, only for Windows PC, no Mac version.

Wechat PC Version can receive monies from transfer? This is new to me, never heard anyone using it this way, if it work, than you can ask anyone to transfer the monies to you, the problem with App is you need to have China bank card to receive, anyone one else can confirm we can use PC version to receive fund?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,388
Reaction score
12,325
Wechat PC Version can receive monies from transfer? This is new to me, never heard anyone using it this way, if it work, than you can ask anyone to transfer the monies to you, the problem with App is you need to have China bank card to receive, anyone one else can confirm we can use PC version to receive fund?

Yes there are users who reported that PC version works. For example, user comex_1 mentioned in his post in the WeChat Wallet thread.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/china-316/wechat-wallet-5708797-48.html
 

goh5560

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
87
Reaction score
3
Thank brother for the information, I just try, it really work, my wechat is able to receive the transfer fund on the PC version, no need verification, never know this can work, don’t know that there is this work around👍
 

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
16,435
Reaction score
1
Anyone knows if foreigner wechat account has transaction limit? Will there be any restrictions on transaction amount ?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,388
Reaction score
12,325
Anyone knows if foreigner wechat account has transaction limit? Will there be any restrictions on transaction amount ?

Do you have a China bank card linked to your WeChat account? If yes then the limit is very high, depending on the bank, it can be RMB50k or RMB100k per day. The limit on the balance is lower at RMB100k per year.

If not, then there is no official information and YMMV. Technically they can cut you off any time...
 

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
16,435
Reaction score
1
I dun have any china card linked. I’m thinking of getting someone to topup my wechat account but I’m just afraid of any restrictions and The funds are stuck in the wallet
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,388
Reaction score
12,325
I dun have any china card linked. I’m thinking of getting someone to topup my wechat account but I’m just afraid of any restrictions and The funds are stuck in the wallet

You should have no issues under RMB1000. And most likely no issues with RMB2000. Just carry out incremental top up and transactions, and not top up too much.
 
Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
Through my personal experience if you have remaining balance in your WeChat wallet you can spend it by making payment to vendors like taxi drivers or stall operators or even online purchase. The challenge is usually to put money into the wallet. Over the period of two years I have experienced at least three changes to the wallet that made it difficult to top up the wallet.

I expected over time the China Govt may change it's mind and again we are stuck. Stuck as in unable to put money into the wallet. Generally once money goes into the wallet it can never make it's way out other than making payment or sending money to a local Chinese who are not under restriction.

Don't put too much money into the wallet. It is like a cashcard where you use for small transaction. You should use your credit card (or union pay) whenever possible. I usually keep no more than 2K CNY. Makan or hotel I pay with union pay.

I dun have any china card linked. I’m thinking of getting someone to topup my wechat account but I’m just afraid of any restrictions and The funds are stuck in the wallet
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,388
Reaction score
12,325
Anyone able to topup Alipay with sg cc?

Scroll back and read post #76.

You will not be able to top up using your SG Credit Card for the normal Alipay balance, but once you set up Tourpass (and authenticate your identity during the process), you can ask your friends with proper Alipay account to transfer to you.

Or you can go through 3rd party services to top up (read post #115).

For short visit, Tour Pass should be good enough, but Alipay balance is more flexible. You can use both.

And set up WeChat Pay as well. You can top up with PC version by asking your friends to transfer to you.
 
Last edited:

jazzz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
616
Reaction score
5
Just did a top up to Alipay acc. balance via carousel seller. Rate at 5.06.
But how do I use this account to pay for taobao app? No payment option from Alipay, only credit card and China bank.
 
Last edited:

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
I have some leftover balance in my tourpass card. Anyone knows if it is possible to send that money to another person (assuming the receiver is local china person). I dun want the money to be refunded to my credit card but rather I would like my friend to help me move that money over to my WeChat acct. I dun think it is possible to send my Alipay money directly to my WeChat acct right?
 

funnycow

Master Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
28
I have some leftover balance in my tourpass card. Anyone knows if it is possible to send that money to another person (assuming the receiver is local china person). I dun want the money to be refunded to my credit card but rather I would like my friend to help me move that money over to my WeChat acct. I dun think it is possible to send my Alipay money directly to my WeChat acct right?

https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/2019/11/5/international-visitors-can-now-use-alipay-in-china-finally-heres-how-to-set-it-up-right-now

Excess will be refunded.. from what I read.

And seems like not possible to transfer to normal Alipay balance, as this Tourpass is a separate balance.
 

somewhat

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
646
Reaction score
240
Refer to my post at post #65

my existing login is using email, not foreign mobile number, so system prompt "tourpass is for selected user only"
Anyone has any idea, on "how to change my existing email login to login using SG mobile number", so that I can use tourpass?

Thanks.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
I don't want the money to be refunded as I believe the rates will not be favorable. I rather keep the money in the account. That is why I want to transfer to a local person to move it to my wechat wallet.

Anyway it is not a lot. Dun think too much.

https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/2019/11/5/international-visitors-can-now-use-alipay-in-china-finally-heres-how-to-set-it-up-right-now

Excess will be refunded.. from what I read.

And seems like not possible to transfer to normal Alipay balance, as this Tourpass is a separate balance.
 

JustBored

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
5
how long is the wait for refund(tour pass)? is it the card expiration date? anything else i can do for earlier/better refund rate?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top