Android TV Box

mrclubbie

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
Good evening. I am looking for a simple and low cost tv box with wireless function to install some tv apps apk.
Any recommendations ?

Thank you very much.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi pros, if my tv cant support for inbuild apps.
which android tv box is good for youtube netflix and disney +?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi pros, if my tv cant support for inbuild apps.
which android tv box is good for youtube netflix and disney +?

if your tv is smaller than 65", try mi tv stick.

will give you full hd quality.

see my earlier post today.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks i think mine 50 or 55.

I will not recommend Mi TV Stick myself even for 1080p. Mi Box S is cheap enough and 2GB memory will make your life better. I use Mi Box S with 1080p.

Or you may want to pay a bit more and get Google Chromecast 2020 with Google TV.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow the way u lay it out. I do have a older mi box but it’s running on xiaomi software and I have been reading around on how to install google play store or root it but I can’t find much info. If anyone has info on how to install or root please share. Coz I don’t want buy one more product then it’s not goggle

I will not recommend Mi TV Stick myself even for 1080p. Mi Box S is cheap enough and 2GB memory will make your life better. I use Mi Box S with 1080p.

Or you may want to pay a bit more and get Google Chromecast 2020 with Google TV.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow the way u lay it out. I do have a older mi box but it’s running on xiaomi software and I have been reading around on how to install google play store or root it but I can’t find much info. If anyone has info on how to install or root please share. Coz I don’t want buy one more product then it’s not goggle

Mi Box S is certified by Google and Netflix. It is for international market.

"REVIEW: Xiaomi Mi Box S with Netflix 4K HDR support | AndroidPCtv" https://androidpctv.com/review-xiaomi-mi-box-s/

Still Google Chromecast 2020 is better.
"REVIEW: Chromecast with Google TV the new Google bet for Streaming | AndroidPCtv" https://androidpctv.com/review-chromecast-google-tv-opinion/

Mi TV Stick review for comparison
"REVIEW: Xiaomi Mi TV Stick the smallest Android TV device available | AndroidPCtv" https://androidpctv.com/review-xiaomi-mi-tv-stick-opinion/

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BTW, what is the model of your old Mi Box China version?

There is no point to root the box and install Google services with these older China version of Mi Box.

If it is not too old and have 2GB RAM, then it can still be used effectively with the right apps.

Even if it has only 1GB RAM, you can try to disable the built-in apps and install right apps to make full use of it.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go home take photo of the back and show here coz I just want to play YouTube vid and Netflix and Disney plus on my tv that us all
BTW, what is the model of your old Mi Box China version?

There is no point to root the box and install Google services with these older China version of Mi Box.

If it is not too old and have 2GB RAM, then it can still be used effectively with the right apps.

Even if it has only 1GB RAM, you can try to disable the built-in apps and install right apps to make full use of it.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go home take photo of the back and show here coz I just want to play YouTube vid and Netflix and Disney plus on my tv that us all

In that case, forget about the China version of Mi Box.

You need certified box to use Netflix HD.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

don't waste your time.

spend $70 to buy a mibox s.

or $33 to buy mi tv stick.

you are willing to pay subscriptions for netflix and disney+, that work out to be at least $264 per year. Why try to save a few dollars?

mrclubbie

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
don't waste your time.

spend $70 to buy a mibox s.

or $33 to buy mi tv stick.

you are willing to pay subscriptions for netflix and disney+, that work out to be at least $264 per year. Why try to save a few dollars?

$70 for Mi Box S.
Got lobang ?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.