Android TV Box

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A Comex stall near the front was flash selling
@ $99 this afternoon.

addwindtan

Reaction score
I bought the ubox from 3pm.sg this afternoon. Took home and tried. Awesome!! Got every channel I need and streaming is fast and quality is good.

Medicated Oil

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the ubox from 3pm.sg this afternoon. Took home and tried. Awesome!! Got every channel I need and streaming is fast and quality is good.

What version did you get and at what price ?
Did you do a research online for the price of the same tv box ?

Just know there is one auntie selling it at SLS.

icekachang72

Reaction score
Bought Minix Neo U9H yesterday. Image of most of the channel is reasonably ok. But only the sound volume differs one channel to another. Has to constantly adjust the volume for different channels.

Time to dump away my Starhub subscription. However the image quality of local TV channels are really CMI from the android box. I have to revert using antenna to watch local channels if unsubscribe from Starhub.

tDJu2cH.jpg

NmLCz9Y.jpg

Hafi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this kind of box cross the copy right line?

whatever I can install on the android box I also can install on my android phone so you're telling us using android phones are also crossing the copy right line?

As long as you steer clear of installing illegal android apps that broadcast copyrighted films/programs you have nothing to be afraid of. Its how you use the equipment... not that the equipment is the problem even though it has the capability.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought Minix Neo U9H yesterday. Image of most of the channel is reasonably ok. But only the sound volume differs one channel to another. Has to constantly adjust the volume for different channels.

Time to dump away my Starhub subscription. However the image quality of local TV channels are really CMI from the android box. I have to revert using antenna to watch local channels if unsubscribe from Starhub.

tDJu2cH.jpg

NmLCz9Y.jpg
Was there yesterday. Minix Neo U9-H at $299 seems like a hit on people's affordability. Although AC Ryan Veolo 4K wasn't at this show this time round (maybe due to high hall rentals), if I'm not mistaken it was selling below the $200 mark previously. Definitely a more attractive deal. For $300, there's little motivation to go for an Android box, right?

Sent from Nagasaki長崎, Japan日本 using GAGT

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw one sellling at $99 yesterday

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
Woah! Amconics nowadays also know how to chop carrot head.

Sent from Nagasaki長崎, Japan日本 using GAGT

DUH......nowdays? Amconics have been chopping carrot heads since dont know when. Back when i got my 1st minix x5 around 5 years ago, i remembered comparing prices and amconics was selling for at least $100+ more compared to other shops or online sources. How do you think they went from 1 small shop to double the retail space now at sim lim? Every IT fair or trade fair still have goondus willingly let them chop.....

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So online price from lazada is $179 and their shop at comex sell it at $ 299? :s22:

Last edited:

icekachang72

Reaction score
This Minix Neo U9H was also selling at $299 during March show. If you buy just the box without the IPTV, then it is just $199. I didn't commit in March as I wasn't very sure. It took me 6 months from then to do some research on Android TV boxes before I decide to try on Minix yesterday.

The reason I'm willing to pay for it is presumably the after-sales support given by Amconics. Unless Amconics close shop, then I will LLST. There are many Android boxes in the market, some are so cheap that I don't even want to buy them.

Paying $299 is an expensive buy for me, but I will dump away my $50 monthly subscription from Starhub soon to offset the cost in long term.

My family now is enjoying the box with so many channels on the IPTV.

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
This Minix Neo U9H was also selling at $299 during March show. If you buy just the box without the IPTV, then it is just $199. I didn't commit in March as I wasn't very sure. It took me 6 months from then to do some research on Android TV boxes before I decide to try on Minix yesterday.

The reason I'm willing to pay for it is presumably the after-sales support given by Amconics. Unless Amconics close shop, then I will LLST. There are many Android boxes in the market, some are so cheap that I don't even want to buy them.

Paying $299 is an expensive buy for me, but I will dump away my $50 monthly subscription from Starhub soon to offset the cost in long term.

My family now is enjoying the box with so many channels on the IPTV.

Becuz of carrot heads like you thats why unscrupulous sellers like amconics and red bean are thriving. Better pray your box or iptv app dont suddenly stop functioning because good luck going back to amconics for help when problem arises.

icekachang72

Reaction score
Becuz of carrot heads like you thats why unscrupulous sellers like amconics and red bean are thriving. Better pray your box or iptv app dont suddenly stop functioning because good luck going back to amconics for help when problem arises.

Bro, to each his own. Like what you mentioned, my box screw up I still can go back to Amconics to bang table. Better than those buy from online sellers that don't even have any table to bang. I'm enjoying the IPTV so far.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.