Android TV Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody using A95x from fb Android tv box solution.
I was disconnected and now it ask for activation code. Tried to contact the seller but nowhere to be found.
Anybody have their latest contact no.

Facebook page, facebook group, carousell are not good places to buy tv box.

The sellers can run easily and very hard to trace.

They can start new accounts and repeat the tricks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toggle cannot be download on Mi Box S?
Tried to search for it cannot search

Toggle can not. You can try cast from phone. Some people reported issues as well with casting Toggle to Mi Box S last time with the built-in Chromecast function. Hopefully the issue has been resolved from the Toggle side.

I have no issues casting Toggle to TV with my first generation Chromecast dongle.

Last edited:

Shawncck

Reaction score
BAckup android box

Hi Xiaofan, do u know how to i backup the whole image of h96 max x2?
I wan backup b4 i flash it....

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan, do u know how to i backup the whole image of h96 max x2?
I wan backup b4 i flash it....

Never tried this myself.

What I do is try to find the known good image, hopefully the same version as the box firmware version (I found the Android 7.1 FW for my RK3328 box and S905W box with same version string) or from the vendor itself in the case of Tanix TX6 (Android 9.0).

For S905X/S905W/S912, there are working bootable TWRP recovery uSD card image so you can back up the ROM.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...-s905x-s912x-faq-backup-switch-t3752897/page1

For S905X2, I do not know of the existence of such image.

Last edited:

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has the price of mi box s with local warranty gone below $99 b4?

So i assume tvb anywhere, sportscast n starhubgo are all available for download fm app store right?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has the price of mi box s with local warranty gone below $99 b4?

So i assume tvb anywhere, sportscast n starhubgo are all available for download fm app store right?

There was no Mi Box S with local warranty before. Only recently some Mi Shops start to have that and the price is S$99 (was S$109 initially).

You can download TVB Anywhere+ and SingTel Cast (as well as SingTel TV Go) from Mi Box S' Play Store.

You can not get Starhub Go installed, it is not available from the store and side load does not work. However you can cast from phone since Starhub Go supports Chromecast. Mi Box S has Chromecast function built-in.

Not so sure what you mean by sportscast. I assume you mean SingTel Cast.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one selling Android TV box at PC Show 2019?

you want to be

H6bWXLs.jpg

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mi box s can view singapore channel 5 and 8?

If you want the best performance for local over the air TV, then get a DVB-T2 Tuner Box and an Antenna.

Toggle app can not be installed on Mi Box S. It does support Chromecast feature. However previously there were some reports of problems with the built-in Chromecast feature of Mi Box S. Not sure if the issue has been fixed from Toggle side or not.

I saw you asked in the Xiaomi TV box thread as well. Hopefully the owners of Mi Box S can chime in and confirm whether Toggle works or not with Mi Box S now.

Last edited:

buyorsell

Reaction score
How to watch live sports like NBA basketball games or Premier League football games with Mi Box S ?
I currently watch live sports via reddit online live streaming. Does Mi Box S have browsers like Chrome or IE where i can go to online live streams to catch live sports?

Any other better ways to watch live sports with Mi Box S?

Many thanks in advance for advice n recommendations.

buyorsell

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to watch live sports like NBA basketball games or Premier League football games with Mi Box S ?
I currently watch live sports via reddit online live streaming. Does Mi Box S have browsers like Chrome or IE where i can go to online live streams to catch live sports?

Any other better ways to watch live sports with Mi Box S?

Many thanks in advance for advice n recommendations.

buyorsell

Not advicable to use browser on mibox to watch video

The better way is to continue to use chrome on pc or handphone, then chromecast the video to mibox.

Shawncck

Reaction score
Mi box S keypad remote

Hi, is it possible to use another remote with number pad on mi box s to change channel on Singtel tv go by pressing the number pad? The mi box s remote control dun come w number pad.

p_eppermint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any android tv box which can stream live sports channels? Looking at getting one for my dad to watch his golf. Currently the one he’s using is the old gen ubtv (I think) that my hub gave him. The current one is v old & a lot of channels can’t stream anymore. Looking to get a new one for him but preferably not too ex as he only uses it to watch golf. TIA!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.