Android TV Box

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point. They upgrade pretty often.

You can subscribe to Sunshine IPTV which is said to power the EVpad IPTV technology. But then the price is about S$80 per year -- better to buy EVpad 3S at around S$120 in that case.

I see. Maybe it's tough for authorities to enforce legal rights on EVpad or Unblock because their servers are overseas.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Maybe it's tough for authorities to enforce legal rights on EVpad or Unblock because their servers are overseas.

Not really. Take note Ubox IPTV already got blocked by SG authority. It is just the workaround is pretty easy -- changing DNS.

Eventually they will get shut down or go out of business. But it probably takes time.

Now they are selling pure box without the IPTV/VOD apps in Taiwan to work around the law. The sales will go down. Imagine that also happen in Singapore and Malaysia. The sales will go down too.

Both are banned in mainland China too prior to the ban in Taiwan, for other reasons (hidden adult channels).

BTW, big IPTV providers also get sued and many websites related to pirate streaming of live TV have been closed down due to DMCA.

Ref: US$50 million penalty for IPTV providers

https://dimitrology.com/iptv-supplier-omniverse-agrees-to-pay-50-million-in-piracy-damages/

Over the past years, ACE has built a steady track record of successful cases against IPTV providers and services. In addition to Omniverse, it also helped to shut down SetTV, Dragon Box, TickBox, Vader Streams, and many third-party Kodi addons.

Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see.

Personally I find Netflix more than enough and I stick to toggle for Live TV :).

donetus

Reaction score
hi guys.
anyone who can advise on how to fix the issue with the MiBox S?

i noticed that it started lagging and then it prompted to download Android 9. I've downloaded it and it prompted to restart. After restarting, nothign shows up on the screen. TV shows "no signal".

When I did the following steps below, i can see the Mi logo and the color circled colors adn after which, it goes to no signal.

- Switch off Mi Box
- press and hold Menu and Home button
- Switch on Mi Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys.

i noticed that it started lagging and then it prompted to download Android 9. I've downloaded it and it prompted to restart. After restarting, nothign shows up on the screen. TV shows "no signal".

When I did the following steps below, i can see the Mi logo and the color circled colors adn after which, it goes to no signal.

- Switch off Mi Box
- Switch on Mi Box

where is the menu button?

donetus

Reaction score
i managd to resolved the issue.

I re-ran the update via a flashdrive.

hi guys.

- Switch off Mi Box
- Switch on Mi Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to do factory reset for mibox 3 and mibox S

bL45sGO.png

donetus

Reaction score
i have a question about the MiBox S. it's currently conencted to a TP-Link router and when I try stream the view on my phone via Chromecast, it takes forever to load.

Is it because:
- there's too many devices connected to the TP-Link router?
- Chromecast only works if you have a high-speed internet connection (not local network connection)?

Is there any other way to use "Chromecast" or atleast "stream" whatever I have on my phone to the MiBox without any lag or connection issue?

that is the app drawer button - to show all apps.

mibox s and all other android tv have no menu button.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a question about the MiBox S. it's currently conencted to a TP-Link router and when I try stream the view on my phone via Chromecast, it takes forever to load.

Is it because:
- there's too many devices connected to the TP-Link router?
- Chromecast only works if you have a high-speed internet connection (not local network connection)?

Is there any other way to use "Chromecast" or atleast "stream" whatever I have on my phone to the MiBox without any lag or connection issue?

chromecast needs almost no bandwidth.

just a bit of information exchange between phone and tv box when you press the chromecast button. so if your phone can play the video, you can chromecast it to tv box.

the problem is how to do the chromecast, also the apps you are using, you can get it working if you are not doing it right.

donetus

Reaction score
here's a better picture:

PH Setup:
- MiBox S connected to TP-Link singleband ADSL router (5Mbps internet speed)
- roughly 10 devices are connected and connected via 2.4Ghz
- When doing Chromecast either via Netflix or Viu, it takes a minute or two before it starts streaming. I'm lucky enough if Viu lets me stream to the MiBox

- I tried another router, Prolink single-band router, and connected the MiBox S
- MiBox and my phone's connected
- since there's no internet connection, I can't stream anything and my phone's unable to detect the MiBox S .. which I find rather weird (phone and MiBox were both restarted).

SG Setup:
- MiBox S connected to Asus dualband router (1Gbps internet speed)
- roughly 10 devices are connected and connected via 5Ghz
- When doing Chromecase either via Netflix or Viu, less than 3 seconds, it starts streaming without any issue

could this be an issue with TP-Link due to it running on single band?

chromecast needs almost no bandwidth.

just a bit of information exchange between phone and tv box when you press the chromecast button. so if your phone can play the video, you can chromecast it to tv box.

the problem is how to do the chromecast, also the apps you are using, you can get it working if you are not doing it right.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here's a better picture:

PH Setup:
- MiBox S connected to TP-Link singleband ADSL router (5Mbps internet speed)
- roughly 10 devices are connected and connected via 2.4Ghz
- When doing Chromecast either via Netflix or Viu, it takes a minute or two before it starts streaming. I'm lucky enough if Viu lets me stream to the MiBox

- I tried another router, Prolink single-band router, and connected the MiBox S
- MiBox and my phone's connected
- since there's no internet connection, I can't stream anything and my phone's unable to detect the MiBox S .. which I find rather weird (phone and MiBox were both restarted).

SG Setup:
- MiBox S connected to Asus dualband router (1Gbps internet speed)
- roughly 10 devices are connected and connected via 5Ghz
- When doing Chromecase either via Netflix or Viu, less than 3 seconds, it starts streaming without any issue

could this be an issue with TP-Link due to it running on single band?

you need internet connection for chromecast to work, even for casting video from handphone.

for showing video on handphone to mibox, there are 101 ways and chromecast is not needed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.