Android TV Box

donetus

Reaction score
Thanks!

Apparently, the TP-Link that I'm using is unable to handle the load of all the connected devices.

I bought a TP-Link dual-band router (set the old TP-Link s bridge mode) and it resolved the issue.

you need internet connection for chromecast to work, even for casting video from handphone.

for showing video on handphone to mibox, there are 101 ways and chromecast is not needed.

ehsevol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently my ubox3 started working not as well.. lots of time it's not working. Anyone can recommend the best android box right now to watch mostly TVB dramas (live) or chinese programs/movies? Thanks

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently my ubox3 started working not as well.. lots of time it's not working. Anyone can recommend the best android box right now to watch mostly TVB dramas (live) or chinese programs/movies? Thanks

just do a factory reset.

KieranC3

Reaction score
Not using it and the website seems to be down. However there is a kiosk in Jurong Point JP2 selling the Geekbox only and not other stuff. Business seems to be so so but they are there for sometimes already. There are two more kiosks selling preloaded boxes along with other accessories. The Remax shop also sells Redbean TV boxes.

In general do not buy these preloaded boxes sold in Shopping Centres.

But if you already bought the Geekbox you can still try to use it (even if the bundled iptv and VOD apps no longer work). Just learn to install other apps.

Hi Xiaofan, I need your advice. Which box would you recommend for me? I am using it mainly to watch soccer. I was interested to buy the Geekbox until I saw your comment.

Yes, they have a cart at JP2 and also at Jcube. The specs given is 4GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Android 9, Octa 8 Processor (64-bit) and 4K HDR resolution. The price they quoted me is $188 but no stock. Need to put a deposit first. I was shown a few sets which were reserved for people who had paid the desposit. I was told that if I were to wait for the stock to come in, the price would become $268. I can't understand their logic, no inventory, sell lower price, when they have inventory, increase the price. They promised 1 year hardware 1-to-1 exchange and lifetime app servicing. This means to bring the box to their cart every few months and they will help to delete obsolete apps and update new apps. Is this free servicing very important? For example, ensuring whatever they bundled in continue to work and subscription plans on any service (if any) are updated?

I would consider myself reasonably techy. However, I have zero Android box experience. I would like a box that is able to install apps from multiple sources. I don't think I want to spend above $200. At the same time, I also do not want to spend too much time trying to get things to work; and worse still, needing to do it every few months.

Based on my description, I would be most appreciative if you can offer your comment and recommendation. Or for convenience and time-saving sake, would this Geekbox still be an option for me? Thanks.

RAKSL38

Reaction score
Buy Evpad or Ubox which is cheaper & more reliable. Technical support is responsive.

Hi Xiaofan, I need your advice. Which box would you recommend for me? I am using it mainly to watch soccer. I was interested to buy the Geekbox until I saw your comment.

Yes, they have a cart at JP2 and also at Jcube. The specs given is 4GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Android 9, Octa 8 Processor (64-bit) and 4K HDR resolution. The price they quoted me is $188 but no stock. Need to put a deposit first. I was shown a few sets which were reserved for people who had paid the desposit. I was told that if I were to wait for the stock to come in, the price would become $268. I can't understand their logic, no inventory, sell lower price, when they have inventory, increase the price. They promised 1 year hardware 1-to-1 exchange and lifetime app servicing. This means to bring the box to their cart every few months and they will help to delete obsolete apps and update new apps. Is this free servicing very important? For example, ensuring whatever they bundled in continue to work and subscription plans on any service (if any) are updated?

I would consider myself reasonably techy. However, I have zero Android box experience. I would like a box that is able to install apps from multiple sources. I don't think I want to spend above $200. At the same time, I also do not want to spend too much time trying to get things to work; and worse still, needing to do it every few months.

Based on my description, I would be most appreciative if you can offer your comment and recommendation. Or for convenience and time-saving sake, would this Geekbox still be an option for me? Thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy Evpad or Ubox which is cheaper & more reliable. Technical support is responsive.

Yes that is true. If you are interested in preloaded boxes, then EVpad and UBox are better choices.

If you want to spend time on installing apps then there are other choices like Mi Box S or generic boxes based on S905X2/S905X3, they are usually below S$100.

everex

Reaction score
Yes that is true. If you are interested in preloaded boxes, then EVpad and UBox are better choices.

If you want to spend time on installing apps then there are other choices like Mi Box S or generic boxes based on S905X2/S905X3, they are usually below S$100.

Those who are using EVPAD now, do you encounter problems with Saturn Live? It doesn't seem to work for a couple of days now. Any way to solve this?

Thanks.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was interested to buy the Geekbox until I saw your comment.

The price they quoted me is $188 but no stock. Need to put a deposit first. I was shown a few sets which were reserved for people who had paid the desposit. I was told that if I were to wait for the stock to come in, the price would become $268. I can't understand their logic, no inventory, sell lower price, when they have inventory, increase the price. They promised 1 year hardware 1-to-1 exchange and lifetime app servicing.

Bro, don't bother with this Geekbox, it's the same old sale tactics used for donkey years.

Why not buy an Android box and subscribe to a TV service?

everex

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to using AppleTV?

I have only been using Android boxes and happy with it. Just wondering if there is any advantage to shifting to AppleTV for movie and media streaming.

Thanks.

osmond19

Reaction score
No more stock from gearbest for Tanix TX3. Any other place to recommend to buy which is not the OEM version?

I will suggest to go with official Tanix TX3 S905X3 from Gearbest (box with Tanix logo). In this case. I assume you do not need Netflix HD and Chromecast function.
https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009559912180.html

US$44 for 4GB/32GB
US$46 for 4GB/64GB

Quality should be more consistent than X96 Air from unknown vendors (can be from a few vendors).

X96 Air
https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009321303545.html?wid=1433363

US$36 for 4GB/32GB
US$47 for 4GB/64GB

everex

Reaction score
No more stock from gearbest for Tanix TX3. Any other place to recommend to buy which is not the OEM version?

Any particular advantage of Tanix TX3 over other Android boxes? I'm planning to get a third box for one of my rooms. Specs look good. How about any in-built apps?

Thanks.

osmond19

Reaction score
Cheap and good i think. If buy from non gearbest website, it seems that it becomes an OEM version which u wont be able to upgrade the ROM over the air? The one that gearbest selling is direct from Tanix.

FragRot

Reaction score
Any bros know where can I get beelink GT king locally or overseas with fast delivery?

Reaction score
Any good Android TV box with big internal storage to recommend? Don't want to keep getting prompts to uninstall apps because there's insufficient storage. Performance and connectivity should be good.

osmond19

Reaction score
Any bros know where can I get beelink GT king locally or overseas with fast delivery?
Worthwhile? It is quite expensive and without l1 widevine license. Wondering why can't these MIC can't apply the license for L1 widevine? Google dun allow?

Reaction score
Any good Android TV box with big internal storage to recommend? Don't want to keep getting prompts to uninstall apps because there's insufficient storage. Performance and connectivity should be good.

Beelink GT King Pro seems to tick all the checks except that it can't stream Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in HD and it is only 32-bit. Any good alternative?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you never mention price, so price is not your concern :)

nvidia shield tv pro should be good for you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.