Android TV Box

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go to settings page and disable google playstore and google play service - your box will become lively again.
I dig out an old X96 Mini 2/16GB and installed the latest Kodi, disabled google playstore/play service and immediately see a 25% drop in resource usage.

Kodi works perfectly and disabling both helps with 2/16GB boxes too.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dig out an old X96 Mini 2/16GB and installed the latest Kodi, disabled google playstore/play service and immediately see a 25% drop in resource usage.

Kodi works perfectly and disabling both helps with 2/16GB boxes too.
It is not necessary to disable google service for 2GB boxes.

Although you see 25% drop in resource usage, it doesn't translate to significant improvement in performance.

However. for 1GB boxes, the difference is day and night.

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody has lobang as which app can sing K and also with MVs? Im using 全民 party, no MV, and then 全民K歌 cannot open room and pre-choose songs because no PRC identity number. Both not good enough.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not necessary to disable google service for 2GB boxes.

Although you see 25% drop in resource usage, it doesn't translate to significant improvement in performance.

However. for 1GB boxes, the difference is day and night.
It was slightly smoother but I can totally understand when you say day and night for 1GB boxes.

I'm probably keeping both disabled cos I sideload stuff anyway :) (plus I don't use this box anymore).

grapewall

Reaction score
I'm currently using SVI Cloud paid iptv which I'm happy with. I like live tv and don't like to keep updating app.
Which watching some taiwanese tv channels, the channel will hang and load every 30s, pretty annoying. I read in fb page and it mentioned m1 is disrupting it, and need a dns changer. Is m1 really disrupting it? Some other channels don't have this issue though.

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My iffalcon TV installed with teaTV , megabox HD and RSS players, was working fine until i installed Kodi and add-ons. It start to auto-loop and sudden back to home screen when i used teaTV and RSS players.

is it because the memory is out? the TV running on android TV 9.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My iffalcon TV installed with teaTV , megabox HD and RSS players, was working fine until i installed Kodi and add-ons. It start to auto-loop and sudden back to home screen when i used teaTV and RSS players.

is it because the memory is out? the TV running on android TV 9.
what kodi you installed? the name of the built? what are the name of addons?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi gregory, there are some trojans in APKtime that gets flagged down by Google Play Protect (This app is fake. It can damage your device and steal your data) e.g. UK Turks, TVTap, etc, are those safe to install in an Android box?

Thank you.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi gregory, there are some trojans in APKtime that gets flagged down by Google Play Protect (This app is fake. It can damage your device and steal your data) e.g. UK Turks, TVTap, etc, are those safe to install in an Android box?

Thank you.
most likely you downloaded a fake version.

apktime is certified clean by virustotal site.

my google play protect never flag this app.

Ericyeoh88

Reaction score
I'm currently using SVI Cloud paid iptv which I'm happy with. I like live tv and don't like to keep updating app.
Which watching some taiwanese tv channels, the channel will hang and load every 30s, pretty annoying. I read in fb page and it mentioned m1 is disrupting it, and need a dns changer. Is m1 really disrupting it? Some other channels don't have this issue though.
I planning to buy the SVI cloud, tell me does it malfunction frequently ?
How's the video speed streaming lately?

grapewall

Reaction score
Recently quite a few of my usual channels keep stalling during streaming. These channel will run for a couple of minutes, then hang and load for a few secs. Quite annoying.
The technical staff told me they got the streaming sources from a 3rd party.
Suggest you buy a subscription instead of a box. The box cost about $150. A 1 year subscription cost $53. You can get a 3 month one to try out first.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
install the mod extra version.

use "play with external video player", then mx player to play. ZERO advertisement.
Now cannot play with external play, it force u to install the titan player, is there any solution for this?

Btw, i m curious, do u guys use vpn while using app like beetv? Thanks!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now cannot play with external play, it force u to install the titan player, is there any solution for this?

Btw, i m curious, do u guys use vpn while using app like beetv? Thanks!
no such thing. I can select mx player or another player to play.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Is it normal to have to reconnect the wifi when you powered up the box?

Is there a way for the wifi to auto-connect when it boots up?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.