anyone still remembers ...

viethai

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
28,131
Reaction score
40,046
I remember eating my first McDonald meal at the old World Trade Centre just before the old ferry terminal to board ferry to Sentosa.

images
Thats really World Trade Centre then
 

pohw0008

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
21,462
Reaction score
4,039
Maybe is the hot air trap inside the box.. then when open the air comes out fast due to different in temperature..
 

3G SAINT

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
27,259
Reaction score
4,951
in the early 80's, if you were to buy burgers, they were served in styrofoam box :

492100669_1227224736073679_1637469943391371614_n.jpg


518137452_10238341105573689_697344176703851411_n.jpg



when you opened it up, there would be a very fragrant smell came out ... it's a smell that you can never find anymore in any McDonald outlets ...

is it because of the styrofoam box? or is it because they have changed suppliers or now the ingredients are simply different from last time?
Yes the mcd burger is very big size too:)
 

106gunner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
49,142
Reaction score
18,155
in the early 80's, if you were to buy burgers, they were served in styrofoam box :

492100669_1227224736073679_1637469943391371614_n.jpg


518137452_10238341105573689_697344176703851411_n.jpg



when you opened it up, there would be a very fragrant smell came out ... it's a smell that you can never find anymore in any McDonald outlets ...

is it because of the styrofoam box? or is it because they have changed suppliers or now the ingredients are simply different from last time?
Yes now not only styrofoam box removed as well as straw

Even curry sauce also dun wanna give
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,047
Reaction score
11,577
it's a smell that you can never find anymore in any McDonald outlets ...

is it because of the styrofoam box?
If this is indeed the case, then it is not a good thing... :(

By the way, if you think styrofoam box makes food smell better, then there's still cai png stalls for you to test out that theory.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,711
Reaction score
29,849
If this is indeed the case, then it is not a good thing... :(

By the way, if you think styrofoam box makes food smell better, then there's still cai png stalls for you to test out that theory.


I think you have mistaken ... I didn't say the styrofoam makes food smell better ... but it was at that time the smell was fragrant so happened at time time those days styrofoam was used ... that's why you see I have a ? there ...
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,047
Reaction score
11,577
I think you have mistaken ... I didn't say the styrofoam makes food smell better ... but it was at that time the smell was fragrant so happened at time time those days styrofoam was used ... that's why you see I have a ? there ...
I know. I was just suggesting that you can still test out your hypothesis with cai png stalls. :)

Try it while styrofoam boxes are not completely banned yet.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,711
Reaction score
29,849
I know. I was just suggesting that you can still test out your hypothesis with cai png stalls. :)

Try it while styrofoam boxes are not completely banned yet.


haha ... I think caipng is very different from the burger ... anyway, I don't think I can ever find this kind of smell anymore ... same for those ice cream sold in a kind of top-load fridge outside some groceries stores ... it's those folder type where you have open upward and pick up those ice cream sticks ... once when you open up the fridge cover, it has also a kind of fragrant smell which cannot be found anywhere nowadays ...
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,047
Reaction score
11,577
haha ... I think caipng is very different from the burger ... anyway, I don't think I can ever find this kind of smell anymore ... same for those ice cream sold in a kind of top-load fridge outside some groceries stores ... it's those folder type where you have open upward and pick up those ice cream sticks ... once when you open up the fridge cover, it has also a kind of fragrant smell which cannot be found anywhere nowadays ...

You mean the freezer smell?

 

Staid4

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2018
Messages
8,241
Reaction score
5,231
good old days that we can enjoy everything without pressure from some aseholes who complain about this destroy the earth that destroy the earth or never earning enough need to shrink here shrink there
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top