Apple Watch Series 4

Xanforce

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Facing the same issue here, previously mine could last a little more than 16 hours. After the update to OS6 its down to 5% by the time I reach home from work around 630pm
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
Thanks all! I tot I am the only one facing this, almost wan to do a restore again and c if it solves.

Any idea when 6.1 out?
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
The charging coil is too big for smaller coil on AW. The wireless charging in the pad of for phone way bigger. Hence it’s barely detecting and charging and at the biting point of detection and off detection.

On the magnetic induction, there always a empty void. The bigger the coil the bigger the empty spot. Secondary school science got learn ma.
 

rza29

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
3,157
Reaction score
13
Haha science fail la.

No wonder Apple scrap the charger whereas 3rd party still make it. Sometimes my phone not charged even though I ensured that the charging icon is lighted before I went to sleep

The charging coil is too big for smaller coil on AW. The wireless charging in the pad of for phone way bigger. Hence it’s barely detecting and charging and at the biting point of detection and off detection.

On the magnetic induction, there always a empty void. The bigger the coil the bigger the empty spot. Secondary school science got learn ma.
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
Haha science fail la.

No wonder Apple scrap the charger whereas 3rd party still make it. Sometimes my phone not charged even though I ensured that the charging icon is lighted before I went to sleep
Must aim correctly to have most efficient charging. Ideally the pad has a cross hair or mark for you to place your phone!
 

rza29

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
3,157
Reaction score
13
The watch and airpods swee swee got cutting one but the watch still on/off.

I think only recently start happening. Didnt notice it before.

LGLvXff.jpg
 
Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I’m using Apple’s AW charging dock so absolutely no problem. Previously was using a 3rd party stand with the AW magnetic charging cable attached to it, but perhaps due to angle/placement position, also intermittent on/off charging. Usually I charge overnight while sleeping and sometimes wake up in the morning, battery not fully charged due stopped charging.
 

kokfann

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
454
Reaction score
0
Perhaps due to the placement problem as you mentioned. BUT mine also having this problem after updated to watchOS 6. Observed higher battery consumption and slightly lag. When I raised my hand, the watch screen is still off. Need I manually press or turn the Digital Crown. Even that, encountered 2-3 times that it is still lag around 2 seconds before screen turn on.

I’m using Apple’s AW charging dock so absolutely no problem. Previously was using a 3rd party stand with the AW magnetic charging cable attached to it, but perhaps due to angle/placement position, also intermittent on/off charging. Usually I charge overnight while sleeping and sometimes wake up in the morning, battery not fully charged due stopped charging.
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Perhaps due to the placement problem as you mentioned. BUT mine also having this problem after updated to watchOS 6. Observed higher battery consumption and slightly lag. When I raised my hand, the watch screen is still off. Need I manually press or turn the Digital Crown. Even that, encountered 2-3 times that it is still lag around 2 seconds before screen turn on.

watchOS is still buggy. It now takes a long time to boot up too and some apps need updates to be optimised for the new OS.
 

kokfann

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
454
Reaction score
0
Mine used last 2.5days. First day 60% left, second day 15-20%..and after that will be Low power mode.

Now not even one day, battery left 50%...damn watchOS 6
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top