Applecare+ for iPhone

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,133
Reaction score
3,182
As far as my current company one, current generation no discount. Previous generation yes.
I get what you mean, I think something changed. I don't see mine for the latest generation (as of 17 Pro period)
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
4,159
If bought from SingTel. Then later want buy applecare must go Apple Store?
Jokes aside, AC+ is purchasable when checking out on ST but I believe not after.
So you will need to either buy it through your device with 60 days grace period or Apple Store after 60 days grace period, but that is if your device is well kept and passes the diagnostics.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
4,159
if got AC+, repair can be done on get back on same day?
Subject to the issue of your device, parts availability, what time you drop the device.
Simple issue like screen repair etc. generally, within an hour/same day from my recent experience. Complicated one will be advised by Apple staff.

Or the simplest way as per Apple is to pay for the express repair where Apple will send a replacement device, and you send in your damaged device but pay the new device holding fee.
 

Navillera

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
139
hi all, do you all still wait for 60 days later to buy AC+ or you bought immediately?
I buy together with my purchase because I don’t use case, only screen protector. If anything happen during the 60 days hahahaha
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
4,159
hi all, do you all still wait for 60 days later to buy AC+ or you bought immediately?
Doesn't matter since the start date of coverage is from the day your Apple device is turned on AND activated.

Edit:
Okay, I stand corrected. It's date of purchase instead!
But yes, if power on but never connect to network to activate will not trigger the 60 days countdown.
 
Last edited:

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,321
Reaction score
38
Doesn't matter since the start date of coverage is from the day your Apple device is turned on AND activated.
oh theres changes now? The last i bought is for IP16PM, it started from the date of purchasing the AC+, though
iI got that phone sometime in Sep 2024, waited 60 days before buying AC+, and AC+ is still currently active till Nov 2026
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
hi all, do you all still wait for 60 days later to buy AC+ or you bought immediately?
This one diff ppl diff risk appetite. Is about your risk appetite that’s more important right?
Doesn't matter since the start date of coverage is from the day your Apple device is turned on AND activated.
I thought they changed it to when you purchase for sometime liao.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
4,159
oh theres changes now? The last i bought is for IP16PM, it started from the date of purchasing the AC+, though
iI got that phone sometime in Sep 2024, waited 60 days before buying AC+, and AC+ is still currently active till Nov 2026
I thought they changed it to when you purchase for sometime liao.
ehhh, IIRC I turned on but didn't activate. Then subsequently activate and then AC+ started from the day I activated leh not from when I purchased.
Wait, let me check again.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,133
Reaction score
3,182
Doesn't matter since the start date of coverage is from the day your Apple device is turned on AND activated.
I remembered they changed it to the day when you purchase the AppleCare+. That was the old version
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
4,159
oh theres changes now? The last i bought is for IP16PM, it started from the date of purchasing the AC+, though
iI got that phone sometime in Sep 2024, waited 60 days before buying AC+, and AC+ is still currently active till Nov 2026
This one diff ppl diff risk appetite. Is about your risk appetite that’s more important right?

I thought they changed it to when you purchase for sometime liao.
it starts from the day you purchase the AC+, not date of device activation.
ehhh, IIRC I turned on but didn't activate. Then subsequently activate and then AC+ started from the day I activated leh not from when I purchased.
Wait, let me check again.
Okay, I stand corrected. It's date of purchase instead!
But yes, if power on but never connect to network to activate will not trigger the 60 days countdown.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top