Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan

So you bought a shimano 15 group-set and found it torn and a bell is inside?
 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
Need to buy a helmet my budget is around $200 (weight about 200g),any recommendation,thks
 

ludicurious

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
17,635
Reaction score
157
Wanna ask cheapest speedometer is how much ar? My cateye the magnet rust liao the computer also sot sot liddat now i dunoe is which one spoil.. zz i also want to ask anyone got bike shop recommend i stay paya lebar area. Last time i always frequent the bike shop near kallang mrt.

Sent from beside you using GAGT
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
So you bought a shimano 15 group-set and found it torn and a bell is inside?

Oh no, it wasn't a full group set. Just bought the Cassette and chain. Friend wanted brake pads, had to replace his current pair and wanted a spare pair, so 4 sets. Bell was just for my bike more for courtesy. Blanking screws were to cover the holes that were left when I upgraded my sis' bike from V brakes to Disc brakes and I took out the V-brake bosses that were sticking out. I had 2 Cinelli bar tape also.

Only thing left in the whole package was the bell.

/Dan
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Wanna ask cheapest speedometer is how much ar? My cateye the magnet rust liao the computer also sot sot liddat now i dunoe is which one spoil.. zz i also want to ask anyone got bike shop recommend i stay paya lebar area. Last time i always frequent the bike shop near kallang mrt.

Sent from beside you using GAGT

Could probably camp on TGP and get another one. Had noticed quite a few ads sometime back, probably since many people appear to be moving towards GPS-enabled speedometers.

/Dan
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,200
Reaction score
3,675
Wanna ask cheapest speedometer is how much ar? My cateye the magnet rust liao the computer also sot sot liddat now i dunoe is which one spoil.. zz i also want to ask anyone got bike shop recommend i stay paya lebar area. Last time i always frequent the bike shop near kallang mrt.

Sent from beside you using GAGT
Have u tot of using smartphone instead? I mount on my handlebar, connect to a powerbank and use runtastic pro, which can capture those bike info, navigate with map and play songs.

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
Wanna ask cheapest speedometer is how much ar? My cateye the magnet rust liao the computer also sot sot liddat now i dunoe is which one spoil.. zz i also want to ask anyone got bike shop recommend i stay paya lebar area. Last time i always frequent the bike shop near kallang mrt.

Sent from beside you using GAGT

go smiling devil shop, his edmw price is very good :)

bought 1 to put on my wheels and other put to measure my fan rpm :s13:
 

ludicurious

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
17,635
Reaction score
157
go smiling devil shop, his edmw price is very good :)

bought 1 to put on my wheels and other put to measure my fan rpm :s13:
Where smiling devil shop sia. I dun wan travel too far cuz my gear shifter got problem i need bring my bike down to service also :(
Have u tot of using smartphone instead? I mount on my handlebar, connect to a powerbank and use runtastic pro, which can capture those bike info, navigate with map and play songs.

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
But smart phone use gps plus 3g burn dam fast lor :( i got tot before but bo hua. Charge so long burn so fast :(
Could probably camp on TGP and get another one. Had noticed quite a few ads sometime back, probably since many people appear to be moving towards GPS-enabled speedometers.

/Dan
Ps whats tgp ar. I too long never touch bike stuff like le :( now wanna come bak need change parts liao :sad:

Sent from beside you using GAGT
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Where smiling devil shop sia. I dun wan travel too far cuz my gear shifter got problem i need bring my bike down to service also :(

But smart phone use gps plus 3g burn dam fast lor :( i got tot before but bo hua. Charge so long burn so fast :(

Ps whats tgp ar. I too long never touch bike stuff like le :( now wanna come bak need change parts liao :sad:

Sent from beside you using GAGT
correct, thats why i hoot edge 810 bundle from overseas, damn cheap, less than sgd $500, around 450 can get. SG sell cheapest $699.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,200
Reaction score
3,675
Where smiling devil shop sia. I dun wan travel too far cuz my gear shifter got problem i need bring my bike down to service also :(

But smart phone use gps plus 3g burn dam fast lor :( i got tot before but bo hua. Charge so long burn so fast :(

Ps whats tgp ar. I too long never touch bike stuff like le :( now wanna come bak need change parts liao :sad:

Sent from beside you using GAGT
SD shop is around east coast there. Look at his signature.

SD, I am contemplating big Ben vs those thin thin type. What u think? I rode my wife's vintage bike, damn smooth and fast with 29er. The max speed easily hit 31km/hr compared to my mtb at 28km/hr. Haiz, but then u know I like to ride hiong hiong. Up the curb, down the stairs.

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
 
Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Where smiling devil shop sia. I dun wan travel too far cuz my gear shifter got problem i need bring my bike down to service also :(

But smart phone use gps plus 3g burn dam fast lor :( i got tot before but bo hua. Charge so long burn so fast :(

Ps whats tgp ar. I too long never touch bike stuff like le :( now wanna come bak need change parts liao :sad:

Sent from beside you using GAGT

Same reason...That's why i'm using a cheap garmin edge 200..
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
SD shop is around east coast there. Look at his signature.

SD, I am contemplating big Ben vs those thin thin type. What u think? I rode my wife's vintage bike, damn smooth and fast with 29er. The max speed easily hit 31km/hr compared to my mtb at 28km/hr. Haiz, but then u know I like to ride hiong hiong. Up the curb, down the stairs.

Sent from dunno where using GAGT

dun do that, i always do that and now my wheels super untrue liao :s22:
 

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2000
Messages
52,730
Reaction score
1
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan
geez that is terrible!
 

SmilingDevil

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
0
SD shop is around east coast there. Look at his signature.

SD, I am contemplating big Ben vs those thin thin type. What u think? I rode my wife's vintage bike, damn smooth and fast with 29er. The max speed easily hit 31km/hr compared to my mtb at 28km/hr. Haiz, but then u know I like to ride hiong hiong. Up the curb, down the stairs.

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
Dont worry, once you change tyres u will feel the increase in speed already. Anyway the shipment is still at germany airport. Dont think it will arrive this week. Dont know why it is taking so long.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top