Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Should I get the Rido R2 to keep first? It's at 30% off.

I would like to pretty much get a feel on how much I like the current saddle before deciding if I should change. But the Rido R2 is at a discount due to the GSS which is ending in a few days.

Mind sharing which shop??
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,192
Reaction score
3,670
Your wheels are heavier because these are MTB wheels and tyres. That's why you need a lot of strength because of higher inertia. If i were you, i will down gear accordingly by anticipating the traffic flow and then increase cadence once the obstruction is cleared. Only after reaching a high cadence will i shift to higher gear.

Otherwise you will need to stand up and pedal if you do e stop on a high gear.

The roads and terrain you describe are actually considered normal urban cycling. I dunno why you choose mtb over mini velo. Small wheels accelerate much faster when you do frequent stopping and accelerating. Easier to maneuver tight confines.
So that I can ramp down the stairs and jump off from heights? Can also go to side of pavement n back again.

Front suspension also very useful for down curb.

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,192
Reaction score
3,670
So scared for what.. the worst injury I gotten is abrasion and that is due to the cleats coming off the pedals .


Sometimes is the way that you land. Buy so ex bike but never complete the look.. imho

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
Though my balancing skills is considered quite good, I also scared fall down since I have to cope with human traffic on pavement. Nowadays still got people use straps? Great difference between the two?

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,788
Reaction score
1,810
Though my balancing skills is considered quite good, I also scared fall down since I have to cope with human traffic on pavement. Nowadays still got people use straps? Great difference between the two?

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
nobody use liao

only those track riders use cleats + strap.

i used straps before, tighten liao cannot stop lol especially after forgetting to loosen the strap
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,192
Reaction score
3,670
nobody use liao

only those track riders use cleats + strap.

i used straps before, tighten liao cannot stop lol especially after forgetting to loosen the strap
>20yrs ago when I use toe cage and straps, those were for preventing my toes from touching the 700cc wheels n in case my feet slip off from pedals (had a bad accident when I rode free of hands.) I could also use on all types of shoes. Efficiency got improve but don't think as much as cleat. I didn't tighten straps so that I can easily remove my feet. Though split second move is still difficult, it should be faster than cleat.

Now considering this http://m.ebay.com/itm/281751294979 but dunno whether will help in efficiency, and my pedals got teeth that may not let my shoes/feet slip out easier if under straps. Do u think this can help in a bunny hop (British/American) for novice?


Sent from dunno where using GAGT
 
Last edited:

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 26, 2001
Messages
34,104
Reaction score
2,437
i have a more than 10 year old bicycle in good working conditions. Thinking of buying a foldable bicycle .Where to dispose the old bicycle?
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,788
Reaction score
1,810
>20yrs ago when I use toe cage and straps, those were for preventing my toes from touching the 700cc wheels n in case my feet slip off from pedals (had a bad accident when I rode free of hands.) I could also use on all types of shoes. Efficiency got improve but don't think as much as cleat. I didn't tighten straps so that I can easily remove my feet. Though split second move is still difficult, it should be faster than cleat.

Now considering this http://m.ebay.com/itm/281751294979 but dunno whether will help in efficiency, and my pedals got teeth that may not let my shoes/feet slip out easier if under straps. Do u think this can help in a bunny hop (British/American) for novice?


Sent from dunno where using GAGT
get at least the ones with the toe cage and strap like zefal.

strap without the cage quite dangerous imho
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,868
Reaction score
3,141
i have a more than 10 year old bicycle in good working conditions. Thinking of buying a foldable bicycle .Where to dispose the old bicycle?

Give it to the needy, especially to those old folks. But make sure it is of working condition.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,868
Reaction score
3,141
Should I get the Rido R2 to keep first? It's at 30% off.

I would like to pretty much get a feel on how much I like the current saddle before deciding if I should change. But the Rido R2 is at a discount due to the GSS which is ending in a few days.

Should buy first. It is one of the most popular saddles used by Tern riders.

You saw the promotion at Mybikeshop?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top