We all have been through the same stage lah. Speaking of foldies, during the NPark saga, Brompton really interests me but the price point kept putting me off. End up I bought Tahara, Tern, Dahon before I end up with my Brompton P6R. I can say that money wise it would have been better to have just bite the bullet with Brompton in the first place. But on reflection, having owned the first 3 gave me experiences and knowledge compared to having owned only a brompton. These memories are precious in their own right too.
Thanks for the encouraging way. Yes I would like to experience the process and of course due to my financial restraint I will go through this phase.

And I don't have a truing stand either, so I may have to "rebuild" it and then pay someone to true the wheel, which is kinda nuts. Kinda why I gave up on attempting it.