Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

p00p00

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
8,300
Reaction score
47
any body bought stuff from cheap john's before ?
visited cheap john twice, haven't buy anything yet but the indian uncle was really nice.

ask me take the bike out of his shop for a longer ride... i really could have just rode the bike home :s13:
 

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
27,904
Reaction score
4,734
visited cheap john twice, haven't buy anything yet but the indian uncle was really nice.

ask me take the bike out of his shop for a longer ride... i really could have just rode the bike home :s13:

My 1st bike bought from them...i told him can afford half of $950... he says nvm....pay me when pay day...i can just ride and dun return the othe half...lol
 

p00p00

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
8,300
Reaction score
47
My 1st bike bought from them...i told him can afford half of $950... he says nvm....pay me when pay day...i can just ride and dun return the othe half...lol
he say he wanna retire liao and he sounded serious :( :( :(
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
the past 2 entro sales were a disappointment, zero hype now, no group in FB is posting about it...

i heard they hold a private sale beforehand so the good stuff is already gone.

Do you know how to get invited to the private sale?
 

HexenHeretic

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
16
Do you know how to get invited to the private sale?
Entro is distributor for fizik and some other stuffs, so shops that buy from Entro to resell in their own shop gets the invite
some super regular of Entro also gets the invite as well
 

smoothtalker

Suspended
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Anyone staying tampines interested in cycling to t15 mtb trail? if we have 3 or 4 person can book transport service and share cost too. then not so tired cycling there.

PM me your contacts. I'm free most of the time 24/7 since i'm student.
 

A-No-Ne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
19,019
Reaction score
2,359
bookmark this thread!! have been riding a bicycle given to me by someone, I want to get a new one later on~ :o
 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
Bro & sis need advice,finally come out with 3 models to choose,Giant Stance 2,Giant Trance 3 or Giant Anthem 3,will be using 80% off road & 20% on road.
I can't cycle steady on road so will be best if the seat when adjust to the lowest my feet can still touch the ground (Feel safer this way)
My height is 168 so which size should i choose,cheers,tia :)
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
just washed my bike, now put back everything seem very tight, the wheels not spinning smoothly but not touch the brake pads :s22::s22:
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
Entro is distributor for fizik and some other stuffs, so shops that buy from Entro to resell in their own shop gets the invite
some super regular of Entro also gets the invite as well

Ah! Thanks for the info, HexenHeretic. So mere mortals like me (even if I have bought a bike from them before) will not be invited... :D
 

fatfleaz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Hi, can anyone recommend budget front & rear lights that are good enough for daytime use? I'm currently using the cheapo ones that can hardly be seen during the day. Hoping to spend less than $50 for both.
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
Hello everyone,

I finally purchased the Fenix BC30. During its maiden ride today, the light dropped when I was traveling at about 25 to 28 kmph at ECP's service road. (dropped because I did not secure the light properly to its holder) Very loud sounds were heard when the light hit the tarmac. I feared the worst. After coming to a stop and walked back to retrieve the light, I found that there were scratches and dings on the aluminium chasis of the light. However, the lens of the light was not affected. Nor was the operation of the light. I remounted the light properly this time and continued with my ride. Disappointed that the light was damaged on it maiden trip out.

Some observations:
+ Not affecting the performance of the Cateye Wireless cycling computer during its operation.
+ The remote is a nice touch, press on it to have a full light power. Can use it to press repeatedly and have flashing light during overtaking.
+ Running on 18650 batteries, which can be replaced on the go.

- I felt that the warm white light does not kill darkness as well as the daylight white lights. (only 1 version is available)
- Design-wise, it looks kinda dated, but I don't know how it can be improved.
 
Last edited:

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
27,904
Reaction score
4,734
1656223_10205789755601476_6612902040812805683_n.jpg

Best lights I ever owned! Shiok!
 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
Bro & sis need advice,finally come out with 3 models to choose,Giant Stance 2,Giant Trance 3 or Giant Anthem 3,will be using 80% off road & 20% on road.
I can't cycle steady on road so will be best if the seat when adjust to the lowest my feet can still touch the ground (Feel safer this way)
My height is 168 so which size should i choose,cheers,tia :)

Any sifu can advise,thks
 

Promethus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
27,797
Reaction score
0
Bro & sis need advice,finally come out with 3 models to choose,Giant Stance 2,Giant Trance 3 or Giant Anthem 3,will be using 80% off road & 20% on road.
I can't cycle steady on road so will be best if the seat when adjust to the lowest my feet can still touch the ground (Feel safer this way)
My height is 168 so which size should i choose,cheers,tia :)


You should try out all 3 in S or XS size. See which is more comfortable and gives you more confident.
All 3 are different type of bikes, Stance (trail), Trance (AM), Anthem (XC).
I am not really sure what is your riding style but Trance being the most versatile might have a stand over height that is too tall for you (Try and see how).

A dropper post can help boost your confidence in riding on roads.
Drop the saddle height when slowing down to a stop and you can put your leg down easily. Move off and increase saddle height to achieve optimum ride height.

All 3 bikes comes with entry grouppo, so it really boils down to your budget, fit and riding style. There is no clear choice here. Personally I will take the Trance, I find it to be a more versatile choice.

Why not consider a preowned 26"? Might give you more confidence.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Aiya I spent money at entro sales too. Bought a chorus crankset at $399, that price really can't resist. Somemore I'm upgrading from Athena alloy crank to chorus carbon crank.

But when I brought it to fat cat to install, realized that bottom bracket needs to be swapped too. End up another $92 on ultra torque bb30. Plus labour of $25. Sians, end up spending $500. Ha ha ha

Haven't test out the ride yet. Shall do it soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top