Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
34,171
Reaction score
3,184
Also very big size monitor lizards. I chuak dio.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
Wah, I worry sia, coz they move very slowly. Now you making me scared liao...

I saw a snake at Punggol PCN before.

I was previously using a thrower light (concentrated, bright narrow spot of light) and nearly ran over it.

Quickly changed to a wide beam yet thrower light (Fenix BC30). Can see both the surroundings and far ahead. Can even use it to flash to warn oncoming bikes/cars/pedestrians.

Places that are dark and require me to switch on full 1800 lumens light blast

1) Punggol PCN stretches.. sometimes the lights are switched off during weekday night

2) Canal pathway linking from Pasir Ris farmway to Pasir Ris dr 3.

3) PCN stretch along Loyang ave after crossing the traffic light from one side of the road to another

4) After crossing the zebra crossing from PCN to GBTB

5) LCK road stretch after Neo Tiew.. many potholes and rough patches

6) West Coast Highway.. many rough roads and small potholes

7) Keppel road.. somehow there's always a lot of construction/cleaning on going and the stretches are poorly illuminated
High five! BC30 ftw! Its my one and only front light, never turned back ever since I started using it.

Sent from a place where the sun don't shine without using GAGT
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
hi all

bike24 mo arrived today.

those who purchased will receive a pm on how to pick it up

merry christmas!
 

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
60,917
Reaction score
18
I saw a snake at Punggol PCN before.

I was previously using a thrower light (concentrated, bright narrow spot of light) and nearly ran over it.

Quickly changed to a wide beam yet thrower light (Fenix BC30). Can see both the surroundings and far ahead. Can even use it to flash to warn oncoming bikes/cars/pedestrians.

Places that are dark and require me to switch on full 1800 lumens light blast

1) Punggol PCN stretches.. sometimes the lights are switched off during weekday night

2) Canal pathway linking from Pasir Ris farmway to Pasir Ris dr 3.

3) PCN stretch along Loyang ave after crossing the traffic light from one side of the road to another

4) After crossing the zebra crossing from PCN to GBTB

5) LCK road stretch after Neo Tiew.. many potholes and rough patches

6) West Coast Highway.. many rough roads and small potholes

7) Keppel road.. somehow there's always a lot of construction/cleaning on going and the stretches are poorly illuminated

You stay along the Punggol PCN? :o
 

I'mknotdumb!

Banned
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
30,053
Reaction score
2
Hi guy anyone of you know where can I purchase shimano XT groupset? I will install myself...

I was quoted 990$ but I cheapskate I looking for a cheaper deal...
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
Last edited:

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
I'm just sharing what I feel every time I ride alone. All it takes is just sleeping driver or a piece of stone at the down slope stretchs of 60km/h (coasting not pedalling!) ....


Maybe it's just me:(

gotta be confident, alert and know your surroundings well. always assume drivers and roads users are dickheads and ride safely.

always predict movements, and you will be fine. some cars will pass closely to you dont be scared, relax your hands on the handlebar.

i been hit before, it took me some time before i got back on the road, .
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,200
Reaction score
3,677
gotta be confident, alert and know your surroundings well. always assume drivers and roads users are dickheads and ride safely.

always predict movements, and you will be fine. some cars will pass closely to you dont be scared, relax your hands on the handlebar.

i been hit before, it took me some time before i got back on the road, .
How serious injuries? Mostly from the direct impact or from the fall from bike?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
gotta be confident, alert and know your surroundings well. always assume drivers and roads users are dickheads and ride safely.

always predict movements, and you will be fine. some cars will pass closely to you dont be scared, relax your hands on the handlebar.

i been hit before, it took me some time before i got back on the road, .

Great advice! And always be predictable, that is, don't make sudden moves that can take drivers by surprise. When I drive, I always always give bicyclists a wide berth because I know (as a driver and cyclist) how some can be real squirrels.

I've also been hit before, my fault. Hit from behind while on tour and everything flew in the air including myself. Ended up spinning on my arse on the road watching my skin coming off and thinking...that's gonna scar... :(

After about 20 meters, I walked into an ambulance and was cycling about a week later with blood coming down my leg. :s22:

Edit: The bike's rear wheel was stoved in to the hub and locked in place against the frame. That was replaced. The rear rack buckled a bit but held up. Frame was a-ok. :)
 
Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,950
Reaction score
13,694
like what others have said, be predictable. if got big vehicles and feel unsafe, esp those tipper trucks, i always slow down by the roadside or go onto pedestrian crossing waiting areas and let them past first.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,200
Reaction score
3,677
like what others have said, be predictable. if got big vehicles and feel unsafe, esp those tipper trucks, i always slow down by the roadside or go onto pedestrian crossing waiting areas and let them past first.
Sometimes it is a long road before traffic light. Would u stop or lift bicycle to pavement? I sometimes do that when i am not confident. Sbs bus I'm ok because they will spare a tot for cyclists. But those Malaysia tour buses and trucks are terrible

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top