Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I don't understand...I cycle on the double yellow line quite a bit.

Same...

I prefer to cycle on the yellow line... the rolling resistance and friction is reduced, allowing the wheels to roll faster too.

Smoother and closer to kerb so that vehicles can pass.

Only thing is have to be mentally prepared for drain covers, potholes, road side debris, etc.

I remember kena a lot of drain covers and potholes along mandai road if one cycles on the yellow lines.
 
Last edited:

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2000
Messages
52,730
Reaction score
1
Same...

I prefer to cycle on the yellow line... the rolling resistance and friction is reduced, allowing the wheels to roll faster too.

Smoother and closer to kerb so that vehicles can pass.

Only thing is have to be mentally prepared for drain covers, potholes, road side debris, etc.

I remember kena a lot of drain covers and potholes along mandai road if one cycles on the yellow lines.
cycling the the yellow lines is not a good idea, one thing you are riding the edge of the road, it makes it easier for drivers to squeeze pass you without warning.
and if the road is wet remember that the painted lines offer a lot less traction,
and you don't want your ride to become a slip and slide
 

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
4
Same...

I prefer to cycle on the yellow line... the rolling resistance and friction is reduced, allowing the wheels to roll faster too.

Smoother and closer to kerb so that vehicles can pass.

Only thing is have to be mentally prepared for drain covers, potholes, road side debris, etc.

I remember kena a lot of drain covers and potholes along mandai road if one cycles on the yellow lines.
I feel cycling on the yellow lines is a bad idea. If a driver decides to squeeze past, you have no where to go already. But by cycling abit further out, there is somewhere to go if a vehicle passes very near to you.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
13,375
Reaction score
0
went cycling with colleagues yesterday from Ecp to mbs area, short ride. then when we were cycling up the bridge at Ecp, I wanted to brake.. but tires completely no traction.. I skidded. such that when my colleague behind me reached the top, I was facing her. really thought I was going to fall already but thankfully didn't. all of them saw me skidding and thought I was doing a stunt and that it was cool.. until I explained it to them :s13:
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
went cycling with colleagues yesterday from Ecp to mbs area, short ride. then when we were cycling up the bridge at Ecp, I wanted to brake.. but tires completely no traction.. I skidded. such that when my colleague behind me reached the top, I was facing her. really thought I was going to fall already but thankfully didn't. all of them saw me skidding and thought I was doing a stunt and that it was cool.. until I explained it to them :s13:
careful wor, maybe you locked your brakes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top