Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
No matter what, my minimum standard is 105. Anything else is just sleepless nights after irritating rides

SRAM how? Campy leh? =:p

Actually, I am curious nobody start the shimano-sram-campagnolo groupset comparison and discussion yet. :D

My only experience with SRAM is their SRAM Apex.. which is ironically their entry level groupset... equivalent to Tiagra. Switched over to Ultegra and the difference is amazing...
 

azz909

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
5,347
Reaction score
73
What's wrong with having a fixie? Why must mention p&h when I see alot of chinese kids riding them as well?
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
What's wrong with having a fixie? Why must mention p&h when I see alot of chinese kids riding them as well?

If they can brake and stop properly while downslope, then its ok.

Fixie is normally only used in velodrome.

So far, most fixie riders i have seen are malays. Quite a number of them congregate at Punggol red bridge. Some chinese ah bengs also cycle fixie.
 

azz909

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
5,347
Reaction score
73
If they can brake and stop properly while downslope, then its ok.

Fixie is normally only used in velodrome.

So far, most fixie riders i have seen are malays. Quite a number of them congregate at Punggol red bridge. Some chinese ah bengs also cycle fixie.

Almost every week I cycled punggol area. No lack of chinese kids riding fixie, sometimes on the bridge I saw chinese groups too. But yeah most riders are malays kid. But no need to generalise. There can be many reasons why ppl prefer to have fixie than road or mtb. Maybe they don't want a road bike, or they don't cycle 100km every week. Maybe easier to maintain. Or maybe stylo/cheaper for them, they are kids afterall. So many reasons. When I was thier age there were only road or mountain bikes. no fixie at all. I ended up with a heavy mtb. If got I might end up with 1 too.
 
Last edited:

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Is the fly12 out in the market already? Went C2 to ask 2 weeks back and was told still no news.

Fly12 not out yet.
I am one of the Kickstarter backer.

Right now they met up with some technical issue, so delivery was push back to after CNY.
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
I am okay with people riding Single Speed that has brakes.

I actually detest Fixie or Track bike on the roads. Those are designed for velodrome usage and are a much dangerous moving hazard.

Singapore road traffic or even PCN already so unfriendly to cyclists, riding bikes with no brakes is making it worse.

I suspect the cyclist that hit the kid at the PCN is riding a track bike.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,793
Reaction score
1,811
SRAM how? Campy leh? =:p

Actually, I am curious nobody start the shimano-sram-campagnolo groupset comparison and discussion yet. :D

My only experience with SRAM is their SRAM Apex.. which is ironically their entry level groupset... equivalent to Tiagra. Switched over to Ultegra and the difference is amazing...

i tried all 3 systems before, i dont get sram single lever system. as for campagnolo, the pattern is roughly the same as shimano with a thumb lever to downshift, but then difference is campag can downshift all the way
 

azz909

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
5,347
Reaction score
73
I thought some fixies can freewheel and have brakes? Coz I always see them with front brakes. Maybe I'm mixing the term with single speed. Those without brakes are usually with toe clip so they can control the speed at anytime. Have seen those too. But I wld never ride those. Saw 1 angmoh balancing forward and reverse while waiting for the traffic light to change. Quite cool have to say.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I thought some fixies can freewheel and have brakes? Coz I always see them with front brakes. Maybe I'm mixing the term with single speed. Those without brakes are usually with toe clip so they can control the speed at anytime. Have seen those too. But I wld never ride those. Saw 1 angmoh balancing forward and reverse while waiting for the traffic light to change. Quite cool have to say.

Cool but safe? :s22:
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
I thought some fixies can freewheel and have brakes? Coz I always see them with front brakes. Maybe I'm mixing the term with single speed. Those without brakes are usually with toe clip so they can control the speed at anytime. Have seen those too. But I wld never ride those. Saw 1 angmoh balancing forward and reverse while waiting for the traffic light to change. Quite cool have to say.

Fixie are those that don't have the freewheel, therefore cannot coast.

But quite a number of fixed gear hubs can be flipped over to turn into a Single Speed.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,793
Reaction score
1,811
managed to ride home today with my mini velo, after 2 weeks of slowly building it.!

the wheel grease is still not evenly spread, guess it will take awhile for it do so.

Shimano 5700 shifters
PUulZBVfj-xJLUFansdd_p-UjUj5n3IMkwQHntJUGDL9Axe9nYectf2Rw0N6C4LMDrKAG8-4bnh6iwBccJkqKic_OVn82gRYWFDizIJm762MLAssPPo0f_PXYfhJ961IxEOVZ-GjurSiKVIJiiXrXRAw_XMhtygoT1BCnjOzds4BEwASC5RnSFnJ7DLufYWf7LuXdwBUR2TGj5vgbRCCGnaK70wN-RQAEEFGbVLePL0jy9PsMal1EfQrhcFV_Lg0FM4H9c1lVeIKtwLrLJU_XQiAEH3Qu7p8RKM3Y043BhZZyOAGNCIdYlR1U2LaPk8drjtwTXLPLzl5Cozyz3kNVzFsRsrCH_HsfqztLuunblojdxbds3GC5NgshzL5v5h5nQZC1mxxQSidupeBFtGS3LF6ThYYmBFoeZh4hZxp14e297g1VFS1TVXy0-1r2x8lCsljy8zIxtyw4EncxznIn03DL8Tzo3nq4K_4hGKgi5dneg31Ink1nRbh4J6T02aQb2XLNcfM19GxLpYo67BMJh9jgHXUWFsvlxF7u4zmvjUlylShgh5cxc-pghXF7cGxlUY=w1266-h950-no


Time Egrodrive handlebar

mwT3mK1wOS9qTdTEa8yoTD4OdsYZq1SSm_94VnlhFGGLFrlCF1HUVRPhXQBfpSWqK1j-tYq6ivgtzIsfyuE3nqrMM3yWsLscObrzHVcx3p8pqYmI1xkWeTbqJETOG3hPiYLFLHoyFfZlLw90Kxlp1bpZWrx8RqtHZhokiE862iqmY2SunR7TLAbSfJptAfw8JNjw4X5pflqoFo7tIsFn8ofVQQPy7sbXtM0IJyTF9qZGjLG0I-3ZY4kPiLbMAE-oGUZE2KWlDYEi9GYiD5ixQ-9O-jFfGbLFTJrj0pzJUTwVW_tXMUn_pp3j8w5jS7gkW6hXIMtxMubAKGsFWRTJg6TH7Yow9KZ4UMxNKgCluXL51S7kvhsELo8lnsLAcY15WNzkBfK4U8iCVK2wnj5ZjYXD-xH-peuyxC0l6b_lP7biyuH6LH73vF1TBHdHUMD_wbYVa7mAympc9U9wvJe8yjMPIXFHcZP2DX4pvYXrhH_mEjbr6UCGsZRhODPXumum-r0k87eHLNCD87uSZqsI2OajCILx1c4YqMLutfxsXWFYyrhwR6bf4xc_K66vj-wU61Q=w1266-h950-no



Avid single digit 7 with litepro s42 wheelset
MvHqTxwrL3s85ywo5wQfLw9wPBI4yCE27ET10R4wv9EYJRPvmTssPFBqXFMSl4x4J41uVvqFrjIRnIm9X8SCupQjkRCwmhs-ERNqVNLlqyfoEHcEk_mC86-YvbewFV3LKFt-gmg4G13B2dC88seAnWfLzupthRxcLCeS9w20lYoy5oZtnHQsiy1db9hTJedg6dzD5w8I32luRZ6oPKamDeFtVSwcET3xUO2XxyyCQtcsnlj6rUSz1lT-gw3B1MHSAuRYXX1Umc3SgPaXjidL1-SC8-CyzeFBxuvkSpSCDHlPkzAdst2fPXySsxj0svieqnahSyQr2QSmkm55TorMj7TuO8p-8O6NiLc_Vlg3Z1gSnEclc1qWOcMslX7JsHppE-aig9mGgmjl9G6j_3Gssyfowfbmu0Ujhy4V-hFS9wjaxelr7wY5BnlMbUZBbIEE_91JLjykFmqUSE4yQViyjujch4K39PYFYiYhEkxvwZuLH4x0HQ1O2gG97POFMsHjzVDQCfwunznyKu9KmiHfMWl2acr4sYKauSRnLgL5LzzvXvKcdm3FNXQV_-CfB6UpsQc=w1266-h950-no


gebhardt 61t chain ring with SRAM s300 courier crankset (please dont get this one)
L5-QndmQbtJ2onvboTQ4kijZIFuYB0mSvb73r0xqejBWC9XC67IZUXOLF8yUmD1HF04IsXApaQxwPDG246Fccw8O9A9RvtJugqmiYZkaDO49Us-lQ4ACacnGi9JQkoreEqHV8OiBNTOZYlIEPorYhToFXxn0es6qnU2e472ixNIJm1SH7aEl93qPxc0VDU5RQFfhPIgIBX2W3IVbeXIyLnIXWmm54nI4bf-JqnBt31NXJg5mb0m0N9K3eeHKn4xO-n8T0j9h5OwJHn1m1KM2bGJksdkDUkdZRj2RZ6rqspHCw-RbkDCx5mIkfyTOclVeSJHXbUpf4iNiDjNZWksjLQJtCvO20XzF-N69fDMb9z1HdaNsLI61gapI4OAL1u33OMJaVhU23lYMdb7pB0tpqc2Um9Ha1Dv0arjwnVKk4WwiBPKQQi-fQpwD7-S5Me006hRc-O1Hy34NDFBUxWnnvFhAe6ABCjnT_TCp6Tzq9Dwi7wjG2LZ4NpEX1mep0MH2C_IYmLLhpsKsqQpYISgVCOEBHISv27wvnvy4VxuKV9H7t5uuKAh61x165TTBxfWQWck=w1266-h950-no


fizik antares
z-rDc_YkBv2IYQEGU2tN2Nl4v1fweZyzPt1aiLkXHUUrHNexFt5w44ngpHhTUo_12DKTfznwSkfKcS47PaP9PD_RKKWarlZ4bKEWoSiPgK_VL7xnxDDqizZa23bInBS3W6x9savEhw4I7Pcp9xqj80zQpH8uc77oYXgKtSUrnB2HRENnrjwjLmLab1RQR7LyflVPBuBgkhZSOfRBHhDmzNvy4th5Xyxs8Af5fg3M9CTibPYIOzMamPwyPE9gnVWuc6JwY0-9j46mNe7XnpLHez3VzsCSwhMsHWd8L4w5DHapsg3E5KU-kV0V46DOkT6VYwXIj0Vjx9sRYzo10Zk_-YphvKhjplOVu5O__Kefw4BPF64nrf1jB3ECi6loRi1KwNl2lK4bGfZkMxlJujSUNVMfdKveflA_ZS2fWfYMrZaCKJjAzw8IifEhyWXJI4qKxbtgwrj283pNM-qlLHbMhOUQEC91j_4WyKrplJf9c7xkcC3vYr7G9ymDhivn8SIhXYD2Q5xn9HyyxEnHLfwSqTd9WGni31Trcd8QX-nV6Bt5CnIQAeeGkIIwYpaiCiCFXc4=w1266-h950-no


shimano 5600 rear Deraileur with tacx ceramic bearings pulley
9RXowZ6Raxw7-BmCdFXaCoCcz4UtSX0vFebUPZtb40ADEXGzhbu-V4UlKh4j1qzTVAos8ulBSjeKTZNaS1b2wJyIo9oCRaDSRTnIhDFhhqnbbjQ5WIFlKexasCiwgVcTSONy1LThtyAMg1dbja7nxQYIfw8Z0Tim8XTtT0-aUEEv7-tphisux41puueeW86AN4i0xnvQSCssP44YezbivuNGu3E38d4u0hsV-obfdtuEZ8fbfQasuYv9YRWKnjMlTJ88Bpg73lePTJi7zJ76WPpb6PCqc_5qi-Ke_Pgu0rKDwfQcfmFSHF9xKoBfR7_w7eUhcjq66NzBRVr3NPGOXbgVPcip-X97lxS8L-AvD0ITzzr--WOxqhvEZye3QSUhkPs0gN0eOwiGQVtn73G81XhHJFRcAI8--9uOOIFFetgIUg0hi3MObzQSai252qrkogZ0v07Yw-tI9z9izciS1kWcfhoYbZVkAu2e6dQTmy5D8Y07I_Rld8ykh_IuYlOTJrEpMP8KvNh8nJECY_OwXeCcbsdn3YX9HeEDxckqr06NVnW7QzJasYatz3N7WZB996g=w1266-h950-no
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Now I know which Raleigh MV not to race. :D

Mean machine you got there!

How much is the cost of switching to drop bars?

Not including the rear d. Just the shifters ,brake lever ,drop bar and cable s
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,793
Reaction score
1,811
Now I know which Raleigh MV not to race. :D

Mean machine you got there!

How much is the cost of switching to drop bars?

Not including the rear d. Just the shifters ,brake lever ,drop bar and cable s
Erm I paid just the bars 140 SGD, clearance sale just wack

No front derailleur but maybe I might get one as a chain catcher.

The shifter and rear d are free I took from my dismantled bike

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top