Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
5
How To Set Your Saddle Height - Tips For Getting Your Saddle Position Right

 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
Hi anyone can recommend me a light MTB with full suspension,budget around $2k,best if the shop is in the east area,just came across this brand "Author","Polygon" & "Merida"does anyone hv any comment on this or can recommend me a brand,thks a lot :)
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2

wah so chim..... for me its always, as forward as possible and tilted nose down, now with my tailbone injury if can tilt down even more even better lolx

edited: just tested, using inside leg method, cant cycle lolx, my legs too short :x
 
Last edited:

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
I am using a MTB clip system with large platform on my roadbike...so I can use normal shoes if I dun feel like putting on clipless shoes for rides.

patcheon, thanks for your comments. Can share which model is your pedals? Then, maybe can consider joining Sadisticnoob's order. :D
 

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
8,300
Reaction score
276
wah so chim..... for me its always, as forward as possible and tilted nose down, now with my tailbone injury if can tilt down even more even better lolx

edited: just tested, using inside leg method, cant cycle lolx, my legs too short :x

dude, not chim lar , you dont have to follow what they said, there is no hard rule. just adjust it to your liking and at your comfort.
 

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
12,339
Reaction score
5
patcheon, thanks for your comments. Can share which model is your pedals? Then, maybe can consider joining Sadisticnoob's order. :D

I am using Time Z-Control pedals.

Time Z-Control pedals review - BikeRadar

Do note that they are a bit on the heavy side I think because of the big metal platforms. Also, my left side pedal unclips a bit differently. I got to rotate the front of my feet outwards instead of the heels. The right side, I unclip rotating my heels out. Crashed a few time initially cus I had not figured out how to unclip my left foot. Not sure if it is a design issue or there is a deflect my left pedal.
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
I am using Time Z-Control pedals.

Time Z-Control pedals review - BikeRadar

Do note that they are a bit on the heavy side I think because of the big metal platforms. Also, my left side pedal unclips a bit differently. I got to rotate the front of my feet outwards instead of the heels. The right side, I unclip rotating my heels out. Crashed a few time initially cus I had not figured out how to unclip my left foot. Not sure if it is a design issue or there is a deflect my left pedal.

patcheon, thanks for the info. TBH, still not really convinced to go for clipped pedals as I am afraid of falling... :s22:

Is riding with clipped pedals really that more efficient?
 

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
12,339
Reaction score
5
patcheon, thanks for the info. TBH, still not really convinced to go for clipped pedals as I am afraid of falling... :s22:

Is riding with clipped pedals really that more efficient?

I find that riding with clipped pedals do feels more efficient esp when going up slopes or when want to stand up to pedal.

I nowadays rarely ride with clipless shoes. Had quite a lot of close calls and crashes. Had also experienced one location where I got to do a tight turn in one direction followed immediately by a tight turn in another direction where I can't move my shoes out of the way before hitting the wheel. :(

These pedals are ok if I ride with my regular hiking shoes but if they become very slippery and unable to pedal if unclipped both sides of my clipless shoes.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,788
Reaction score
1,810
haha thanks alot! oh btw if wanna change gearset, where can i buy the parts? like shimano 105 those =:p sorry for the newbie qns lol
All shops have sell, but roda and hup Leong has the best part

A new groupset is quite expensive it's much cheaper to buy a polygon road bike and strip it
 

chaych

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
1,600
Reaction score
0

iamlenon

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
38,822
Reaction score
3
patcheon, thanks for the info. TBH, still not really convinced to go for clipped pedals as I am afraid of falling... :s22:

Is riding with clipped pedals really that more efficient?

i tried clipless b4
is really good for climbing slope, and much faster

but have stopped using for abt half a year after my fall
fell on the right, was lucky there is no vehicle at the point of time
 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
Hi anyone can recommend me a light MTB with full suspension,budget around $2k,best if the shop is in the east area,just came across this brand "Author","Polygon" & "Merida"does anyone hv any comment on this or can recommend me a brand,thks a lot :)

Anyone can help :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top