Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
64
From FB


11822362_10153210798214585_409867514530705422_n.jpg

11224486_10153210798314585_1731500505104798765_n.jpg

11145154_10153210798374585_5912712043714992639_n.jpg

11873440_10153210798519585_1793276617802816229_n.jpg

Omg I hope fellow is okay!

U got link ?
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
can recommend a good lock. no actual budget for it.
currently using no name brand u lock. 30 sgd.

before that using masterlock model 8218dps which costs around 40 + sgd retail. lost it when my school threw the bike lots away which i left it there
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,209
Reaction score
3,682
Did he give you any discount? I can honestly say that their listed price is kinda much higher than others.
Got discount off retail price. Compared to market price is reasonable or cheap. Most importantly his shop opens on Saturday morning which suits me n is along the way from hougang to MBS.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Last edited:

nightingelf

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
First, make sure that you can bring the bike up into the office.

Second, yes, new parts and labor might not make it worthwhile. A new bike (mtb, foldie, or hybrid) might be worthwhile. But, if I were you, take the newest bike you have, tune it, clean it, see how well it works for you.
The whole compound is owned by same company I am working under. And the so called tenants are sister companies of the company I am working under. They didn't say anything about bringing the bike into office as well.

i am currently using a raeligh mv8 to commute to work, which is around 400 sgd.

https://ireallylovemybike.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/raleigh-mv8-review/

I just use a u lock to lock it at workplace downstairs.

I would be upgrading it further in the near future to make it easier and faster to ride (new wheels,new tires and new crankset)

on the other hand, I do have a spare 650c wheelset (26" road bike wheels) lying around somewhere, if you think that you wanna go with thinner tires, just drop me a pm and we can discuss more about it. take note that the spare tube and tires are almost impossible to be found in Singapore so you might need to keep some spares which you need to buy online (mainly tires and tubes) you choose to go down this option
I am actually intending to get a Giant Anyroad, Merida Cyclocross 500 or Polygon Helios C4. Really leaning towards Merida Cyclocross 500.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
The whole compound is owned by same company I am working under. And the so called tenants are sister companies of the company I am working under. They didn't say anything about bringing the bike into office as well.


I am actually intending to get a Giant Anyroad, Merida Cyclocross 500 or Polygon Helios C4. Really leaning towards Merida Cyclocross 500.
i actually dunno how fast youre riding now. but good luck in your search ! see if the bike can put racks, if can will strain your shoulders less.
 

nightingelf

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
i actually dunno how fast youre riding now. but good luck in your search ! see if the bike can put racks, if can will strain your shoulders less.

Actually, it is been a while since I rode. But one of the main reasons I avoided riding was heavy bicycle. It was dreadful to carry it out and into the house. It took quite a lot of effort to cycle to speed as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top