Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,879
Reaction score
3,148
Hmmm... I do notice that the telescopic handlepost seems to rotate a little when I exert force on it. Usually I have to release the QR and rotate it back a little b4 clamping. Is this the flex u referring to?

When you exert force ontoo it when climbing slope, does it move/rotate a little?
 

KTVFanatic

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,696
Reaction score
0
Is Hup Long selling bike cheaper than Bike culture? I'm looking for merida hybrid or mtb.

Just bought 1 bike from hup Leong. Managed to get some discounts off the bike. Maybe u can try out both since they are relatively near to each other.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,797
Reaction score
1,812
Just bought 1 bike from hup Leong. Managed to get some discounts off the bike. Maybe u can try out both since they are relatively near to each other.
how many % you got ? its been a long time since I last got anything
I am quite torn between cyclocross and endurance though due to versatility versus ease of self supported rides.

I dunno what you mean by self supported rides, i used to ride to desaru and back carrying nothig more than a pump, inner tube and S$2 notes stuffed into a tool bottle . Unless youre doing 4 digits distance you dont need such equipment plus there is the options of saddle bags.
 

nightingelf

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
I dunno what you mean by self supported rides, i used to ride to desaru and back carrying nothig more than a pump, inner tube and S$2 notes stuffed into a tool bottle . Unless youre doing 4 digits distance you dont need such equipment plus there is the options of saddle bags.
About 100km? Then what I am thinking is like the example you gave. Wouldn't disc brakes be harder to maintain with out sending to the shop?
 

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
4
About 100km? Then what I am thinking is like the example you gave. Wouldn't disc brakes be harder to maintain with out sending to the shop?
Disc brakes are very reliable. I haven't had any problems with my disc brakes which I have been using for the past 7 years. Other than changing brake pads, i only had to bleed them once cuz they were getting abit spongy. Total mileage on that set of brakes is about 35000km.

Impt thing is just do a check on the bike before a long ride.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

ben1010

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
For folding bike if i have a budget of 500-600 which is the best bike for bucks i can get? Thanks
 

Javascript

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
where you stay ? tmr night is okay ..

City. Will be working tonight. How about Monday evening or Tuesday morning? Is cycling into Sentosa free? Noticed there are heaps of lights in Singapore. Riding in Singapore is way harder than say Australia or America.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top