Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
60
Spin the wheel and identify which is the part that needs to be straightened. Use an adjustable spanner, clip the part that you identify is bent, and then bend it back to "straighten" it...

Wah, so "manual"? I scare I crack the rotor/overbend that spot...

...Don't squeeze the brake levers to stop the wheel, but hold the tyres instead...

May I know the reason for this?
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Wah, so "manual"? I scare I crack the rotor/overbend that spot...



May I know the reason for this?
If there's oil on the adjustable wrench or your fingers (which is a sure thing), you'll transfer it to the rotor. If you squeeze the brakes, you'll transfer the oil to your pads. If it's bad, you will spoil the pads and might have to change new pads also.

The rotors can take a bit of bending. Not drastic, just bit by bit slowly until it straightens out.

/Dan
 

Hurzer

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2011
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Just received my new bicycle yesterday! :D:D Pity I can't ride it out so often because of the haze...

12032455_10207907960995892_1298507557_n_zpsjtdbr76u.jpg


12030887_10207907958715835_234296299_n_zpsavmavevh.jpg
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
bike24 MO closed.

thanks for participating .


i might be ordering one last time in october, see the response. will most probably be my last one as im transiting between jobs


people who I ordered stuff from should receive a pm from me soon.

How is the prices of items from bike24 compared to crc??

Taking shipping from CRC is free as hit min order eligibility..
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,790
Reaction score
1,811
How is the prices of items from bike24 compared to crc??

Taking shipping from CRC is free as hit min order eligibility..
in terms of absolute cheapness, CRC wins on a sale day though there are some stuff cheaper on bike24.

what I like about bike 24, is their selection, they are one of the best stocked bike shop they have some brands that only they have ked

I did pick up several good deals though
 
Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
in terms of absolute cheapness, CRC wins on a sale day though there are some stuff cheaper on bike24.

what I like about bike 24, is their selection, they are one of the best stocked bike shop they have some brands that only they have ked

I did pick up several good deals though

By the way, ur latest order from bike24..What was the exchange rate?
 

SnorlaxGorGor

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
5
Ergon GS2 Grip

Hi,

a question from newbie :)
i plan to buying a grip for my mountain bike.
please advise if anyone using Ergon GS2 Grip? is it good?
any recommended grip?

ergon-gs2-leichtbau-grips.jpg
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Next qn: there's a loose part at the area where my fork inserts into the head tube; any suggestions:


5mm Allen Key, loosen the two side bolts on the stem, tighten the top cap until there's no play, then tighten the 2 side bolts on the stem. Make sure your wheels are straight.



/Dan
 

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
11,051
Reaction score
211
Now xe rates ard 1.6

Bank ard 1.69

1.71 abit high ley unless u buy when euro is 1.6X

Hw i wish euro 1.5.. hai for ntg we paying 10% more haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top