Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnorlaxGorGor

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
5
Hi All,

My bottle cage screw is stuck, currently I am unable to loose or tighten the bottle cage to the body.

May i know how to fix it?
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
Any recommendations for online bicycle shops besides Evans in the UK? Friend is going back to the UK. Thinking of buying stuff and send to him to bring back to SG.
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Any recommendations for online bicycle shops besides Evans in the UK? Friend is going back to the UK. Thinking of buying stuff and send to him to bring back to SG.

Depends on what you're looking for. SJS Cycles is pretty good.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
Hi All,

My bottle cage screw is stuck, currently I am unable to loose or tighten the bottle cage to the body.

May i know how to fix it?
Use a long nose piler grip the head and twist slowly ..

If you forced in the cage when you screwed the previous time, and the head is totally gone might need to drill thru the bolt

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,870
Reaction score
3,141
Just went for a 55km ride from AMK==>CV==>ECP==>AMK.

Changi Coastal and ECP are almost empty and deserted except for NSF route march.

Saw one guy cycling on MTB overtook me. I looked at my Cateye cyclo computer and it indicated I was already at 32.5kmh. :s22:
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Just went for a 55km ride from AMK==>CV==>ECP==>AMK.

Changi Coastal and ECP are almost empty and deserted except for NSF route march.

Saw one guy cycling on MTB overtook me. I looked at my Cateye cyclo computer and it indicated I was already at 32.5kmh. :s22:
Wah. That is quite a speed...

Didn't turn around to see what was chasing him? :s13:

/Dan
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,870
Reaction score
3,141
Wah. That is quite a speed...

Didn't turn around to see what was chasing him? :s13:

/Dan

He knew it was me la. I initially overtook him cuz i was trying to see how fast i can go at my sweet spot gear with slightly higher cadence. Wanna measure it with my cycling computer.

I think he wasn't happy that small wheel bicycle overtook him so he chiong fast with his mtb. Could see his calf muscle quite solid. Lol.. But he chiong for five minutes and stopped liao while i continued all the way to katong park underpass.
 

MorningOwl

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
2,693
Reaction score
89
I got a very noob question to ask.

Do road bike tyres puncture easily?
Been riding MTB for few years and im going to switch to road bike.
Nv own a road bike before. will there be a big difference in riding style?

And why my legs get jelly so easily? Hahaha.
I jog 5 times per week, ride 2 times per week from amk to marine bay to ECP or amk to punggol to Pasir ris park.
Why still so jelly? how to strengthen leg muscles? =(

road bike -> more back pain?
 
Last edited:

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
64
I got a very noob question to ask.

Do road bike tyres puncture easily?
Been riding MTB for few years and im going to switch to road bike.
Nv own a road bike before. will there be a big difference in riding style?

And why my legs get jelly so easily? Hahaha.
I jog 5 times per week, ride 2 times per week from amk to marine bay to ECP or amk to punggol to Pasir ris park.
Why still so jelly? how to strengthen leg muscles? =(

road bike -> more back pain?

Pump ur tires above 100 psi so that the stones on the road crack instead of ur tire burst.

Ride more round island instead of quarter island. Do more climbs instead on just flat road.

Never have back pain well maybe I have still not reach that state of enlightenment yet
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Gonna love EvansCycles..

Order a few components and eligible for free shipping..And they ship out using DHL...
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
Gonna love EvansCycles..

Order a few components and eligible for free shipping..And they ship out using DHL...
but selection pretty meh ..

I got a very noob question to ask.

Do road bike tyres puncture easily?
Been riding MTB for few years and im going to switch to road bike.
Nv own a road bike before. will there be a big difference in riding style?

And why my legs get jelly so easily? Hahaha.
I jog 5 times per week, ride 2 times per week from amk to marine bay to ECP or amk to punggol to Pasir ris park.
Why still so jelly? how to strengthen leg muscles? =(

road bike -> more back pain?
depends on weight and quality of tires.

i been using gp4000s for the past 4-5 years very few punctures.

i only get jelly legs when i ride my mini velo lol. if you scared back pain maybe you can get a bike which has a more lepak geometry
Any websites that can plan cycling routes ?

I'm trying to find the fastest route from ecp to punggol water park.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

fastest route is via road.

go along still road, jalan eunos, hougang ave 3, then via upper serrangon road.
 
Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
but selection pretty meh ..


depends on weight and quality of tires.

i been using gp4000s for the past 4-5 years very few punctures.

i only get jelly legs when i ride my mini velo lol. if you scared back pain maybe you can get a bike which has a more lepak geometry


fastest route is via road.

go along still road, jalan eunos, hougang ave 3, then via upper serrangon road.

They got 3 component which i'm getting so rather okay...

The rest would have to go thru bike24..
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,870
Reaction score
3,141
And why my legs get jelly so easily? Hahaha.
I jog 5 times per week, ride 2 times per week from amk to marine bay to ECP or amk to punggol to Pasir ris park.
Why still so jelly? how to strengthen leg muscles? =(

road bike -> more back pain?

What kind of mtb are you riding? Maybe the MTB you are using is heavy, inefficient with a lot of rolling resistance due to knobby tyres. Once you cycle a good bicycle, you can fly.

I did an experiment. I cycled on my Brompton for a month. Then i switched to tern 20 speed. I could easily cruise at about 28-30 kmh with no head wind along whole of ecp. So don't underestimate your mtb. It helps you strengthen your muscles.

With proper bigger fitting, i don't think you will have pain when riding on road bikes.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top