Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
Riding on yellow lines is sometimes dangerous. Got drain covers, potholes, stones, glass debris, wires out of nowhere, carcass, oily / dusty surface. Sometimes when i see these is already too late.

Agree...

I kena one pothole along AMK ave 5 double yellow line... caused one of my spokes to snap.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,946
Reaction score
13,692
big box 25% off regular priced items. hooted a few moon lights and a bike stand. :D

tomorrow last day.
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Dogs Warning

Hi all,

I was on Seletar North at around 4:40 this morning and passing one of the construction sites when these two dogs decided to chase me. Hair raising for sure since it was totally unexpected and they chased me for about 5 seconds.

I've been chased before and this has been the closest any ever got to me. Never been chased in SG and I've cycled through whole packs of them near Lor Halus, Yishun, Kranji, LCK, etc. I've even chased some off the road. Grrrr...

After they stopped, I armed myself with a wrench and turned around to go look for them. It's extremely dangerous for both cyclists and dogs for them to be running around. I went to one entrance of the construction site and called the company to leave a message.

I then went to the other entrance and found one of the dogs and scolded it. Not while on its territory of course! I was across the road but could easily see it when I shone my torch around the area.

So, please, everybody be careful! Ride safe!
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,200
Reaction score
3,677
Hi all,

I was on Seletar North at around 4:40 this morning and passing one of the construction sites when these two dogs decided to chase me. Hair raising for sure since it was totally unexpected and they chased me for about 5 seconds.

I've been chased before and this has been the closest any ever got to me. Never been chased in SG and I've cycled through whole packs of them near Lor Halus, Yishun, Kranji, LCK, etc. I've even chased some off the road. Grrrr...

After they stopped, I armed myself with a wrench and turned around to go look for them. It's extremely dangerous for both cyclists and dogs for them to be running around. I went to one entrance of the construction site and called the company to leave a message.

I then went to the other entrance and found one of the dogs and scolded it. Not while on its territory of course! I was across the road but could easily see it when I shone my torch around the area.

So, please, everybody be careful! Ride safe!
U jin satki.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
12,339
Reaction score
5
Hi all,

I was on Seletar North at around 4:40 this morning and passing one of the construction sites when these two dogs decided to chase me. Hair raising for sure since it was totally unexpected and they chased me for about 5 seconds.

I've been chased before and this has been the closest any ever got to me. Never been chased in SG and I've cycled through whole packs of them near Lor Halus, Yishun, Kranji, LCK, etc. I've even chased some off the road. Grrrr...

After they stopped, I armed myself with a wrench and turned around to go look for them. It's extremely dangerous for both cyclists and dogs for them to be running around. I went to one entrance of the construction site and called the company to leave a message.

I then went to the other entrance and found one of the dogs and scolded it. Not while on its territory of course! I was across the road but could easily see it when I shone my torch around the area.

So, please, everybody be careful! Ride safe!

Lucky I over slept this morning, else I could be riding thru that area at ard that time too. :s22:
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Hi all,

I was on Seletar North at around 4:40 this morning and passing one of the construction sites when these two dogs decided to chase me. Hair raising for sure since it was totally unexpected and they chased me for about 5 seconds.

blah blah

The company called me back and they denied that the dogs are theirs. Grrrr...

I have filed a police report in order to establish a paper trail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top