Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,868
Reaction score
3,141
I just bought cirus master v2.:o hope I can have a fling soon.:o

Should get Alex Moulton AM series if you wanna impress the gals.

But then again, if you are huffing and puffing and pushing your atas bike, its not going to impress anyone. :s13:
 

xjchew

Senior Member
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
618
Reaction score
0
Hi.. My bf wants to get a road bike recently. So I'm planning a surprise for him. He's new to the road bike scene, I'm a greenhorn as well. Any brand, bike model to recommend? And any shop which I can get it from at a reasonable price (Budget 1-1.5k) or is there any second hand bike/clearance sales bike worth to get in the market at this moment. I have also read up about the gear, and I think 105 is pretty decent for him.

Merida Scultura 400 is a decent entry level roadie with 105 components except for brakes and crankset. But like others have mentioned, you do need to know AT LEAST his inseam for bike sizing. Best to get him to try the bike without blowing your cover.
 

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
Should get Alex Moulton AM series if you wanna impress the gals.

But then again, if you are huffing and puffing and pushing your atas bike, its not going to impress anyone. :s13:

Can you be kinder with your words? :o:( I am training up. :o Any helmet sponsor for me? :o
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Hup Leong and Merida is a good suggestion also! :D They may also have Jamis road bikes at good prices.

I think they still have 1 or 2 those weird sizes Jamis bikes that are quite heavy left. 13kg+ kind. Steel bike IRC.
 

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
13,375
Reaction score
0
any recommendations for a foldie? thinking of getting one for my wife (and maybe one for myself).. main purpose probably PCN, relaxing riding only..
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Cirus master V only 565$. :o Not 700+. I do not spend that much. :( Because budget tight this is why I ask for kind donation. :o

There's a story of a guy who bought a Porsche 911 to impress the girls. Spent all of his money and was very stretched on the payments. The girls were impressed by the car but not by the tiny apartment that was all he could afford. :s13::s22:
 

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
There's a story of a guy who bought a Porsche 911 to impress the girls. Spent all of his money and was very stretched on the payments. The girls were impressed by the car but not by the tiny apartment that was all he could afford. :s13::s22:

Now I am aiming principal garden condo and with my cirus master VII. Once secure the principal garden I hope I can attract some decent girls at PCN next to it with my cirus master VII. :o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top