Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
really depends on mileage,

for me its every 500km or so. no point you clean when you only ride 100-200km

Yep, it depends on mileage and road conditions. There's no one set regimen as to when you should clean and lube your bike.
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Don't know leh. I see the lube that came with the bike abit grime magnet.

Anyway around 150km already when I cleaned. :s13:

Do I need to go back to the bike shop to do some checkup? I've read that new bikes should go back to the shop and get wheelset true-ing.

A. Change your lube.
B. What bike and what road conditions?
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Very first post in this thread. I am currently riding a Crius Master V and i am looking to swap my handlebar to a Litepro Carbon Pro (600mm). Would like to ask you all cycling experts here, would there be any noticeable difference if I switch from a 580mm handlebar to a 600mm one? It seems to me that a 2cm difference would not make any difference.

Thanks in advance and a Happy Lunar New Year to all!:)
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,218
Reaction score
3,691
Hi all,

Very first post in this thread. I am currently riding a Crius Master V and i am looking to swap my handlebar to a Litepro Carbon Pro (600mm). Would like to ask you all cycling experts here, would there be any noticeable difference if I switch from a 580mm handlebar to a 600mm one? It seems to me that a 2cm difference would not make any difference.

Thanks in advance and a Happy Lunar New Year to all!:)
My guess is it wouldn't have much difference to have 1 cm longer on each side. By the way why do u want to change the handlebar? Just for carbon? I am contemplating for carbon seat post though

Sent from Asus P024 using GAGT
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
My guess is it wouldn't have much difference to have 1 cm longer on each side. By the way why do u want to change the handlebar? Just for carbon? I am contemplating for carbon seat post though

That's my thinking as well. I was looking at a lighter handlebar and the pricing seems okay for the carbon pro for $58 and carbon ltd is too expensive. I was considering seatposts too but i would save that later. Saving up to switch my wheels first

Anyway, any recommendations for saddles? The stock saddle with the Crius is quite uncomfortable for me. Looking for something within $100.
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,777
Reaction score
2,399
I wish everyone and their bikes the best health for the year of Monkey!
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
I'm using bontrager informrl saddle..need adjust around to get a good position for my riding pattern..

Still waiting for my cassette to reach..hopefully would be there when I reach home this weekend from msia..

And lastly, wishing all the peeps here a happy and prosperous lunar new year..
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
For the stock saddle I seem to be sitting on the front narrow portion of the saddle. Maybe I have to adjust it forwards more?

I prefer more aggressive saddles, as compared to comfort saddles though

Happy new year to everyone once again!
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
The antares looks good and seems light. Will try and look out for it. Thanks!

Pardon for the noob question, but most seatposts should be universal for most saddles right?
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,998
Reaction score
13,743
carbon handlebar gotta take care not to screw too tightly or else will crack. happened to mine. saddle I'm using fabric scoop radius, so far very comfortable for me.
 

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
27,905
Reaction score
4,734
In the first place is it level/horizontal?

yupp the saddle is horizontal..so far clocked about 150km already, seems like I am still not used to it
12439131_10208484403365986_8400038142232755996_n.jpg

Cambium best for me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top