Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Can share what's the benefits of a oval chainring? SRAM onion :p

Fix liao????

Edit:

TapDefHh.jpg
 
Last edited:

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Just installed my new saddle. :D

ZKMQCe4.jpg


Nice seatpost gixxer. :D

First time putting on my own saddle. Not sure if abit too infront , but weather not nice to go try out. :(

Also my lights should be parallel with the ground?
 
Last edited:

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Just installed my new saddle. :D

ZKMQCe4.jpg


Nice seatpost gixxer. :D

First time putting on my own saddle. Not sure if abit too infront , but weather not nice to go try out. :(

Also my lights should be parallel with the ground?

You should set the current saddle position based on your previous saddle's position.

Mine saddle position is the reverse of yours. All the way to the back
 

air_pork

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
17
Hi bike specialist,

Can you recommend a fold-able bike with child seat attached. Reason why is because of space constraint and I would like to carry a child seat for my child (9 mths old) - can sit on her own well.

She is ard 10kg while I'm 95kg. Can recommend is this do-able and where can i buy?I stay at West.TIA:)
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
You should set the current saddle position based on your previous saddle's position.

Mine saddle position is the reverse of yours. All the way to the back

Feels more comfortable like that. But have not tried it yet , will cycle and adjust I Guess. Because the stock saddle was not adjusted to my comfort anyway. Haha

Hi bike specialist,

Can you recommend a fold-able bike with child seat attached. Reason why is because of space constraint and I would like to carry a child seat for my child (9 mths old) - can sit on her own well.

She is ard 10kg while I'm 95kg. Can recommend is this do-able and where can i buy?I stay at West.TIA:)

What's your Budget? I know both Brompton and Birdy have child seat support. :)
 

air_pork

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
17
Feels more comfortable like that. But have not tried it yet , will cycle and adjust I Guess. Because the stock saddle was not adjusted to my comfort anyway. Haha



What's your Budget? I know both Brompton and Birdy have child seat support. :)

I was looking at Brompton too .. I research fold-able bike brand like tern,dahon..etc... bird i never heard before.

Swee la.. if brompton have can go check it out. Any shop to recommend?

p/s i looking at Birdy, looks good too.
 
Last edited:

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
OK chain experts..

I have a problem with my brompton now. :s13:

I clocked about 1200-1400 km on my original brompton before deciding to swap to a bigger chainring. Since the chain has to be longer to accommodate, three chain links were added by the bike mechanic a few months back.

I cycled for another 400-500 km before i noticed the transmission gets noisy. I took out the sprockets (or cassette for non brompton peeps) and cleaned them before putting back. During the checking, i realized the chain simply couldn't sit properly inside the sprockets.

Chain, chain ring and sprockets are all 3/32.

If its derailleur problem, there should be chain rubbing and jumping between the sprockets.

Is it due to the difference in the rate of wear and tear of the original chain and the chain links? :s22:

Thanks!
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I was looking at Brompton too .. I research fold-able bike brand like tern,dahon..etc... bird i never heard before.

Swee la.. if brompton have can go check it out. Any shop to recommend?

p/s i looking at Birdy, looks good too.

Brompton only one place , mightyvelo. Birdy better got 2 places , cyclelogy and ewalker :s13:
The demo set on the kinetic trainer at mightyvelo has the seat mount already in place.


OK chain experts..

I have a problem with my brompton now. :s13:

I clocked about 1200-1400 km on my original brompton before deciding to swap to a bigger chainring. Since the chain has to be longer to accommodate, three chain links were added by the bike mechanic a few months back.

I cycled for another 400-500 km before i noticed the transmission gets noisy. I took out the sprockets (or cassette for non brompton peeps) and cleaned them before putting back. During the checking, i realized the chain simply couldn't sit properly inside the sprockets.

Chain, chain ring and sprockets are all 3/32.

If its derailleur problem, there should be chain rubbing and jumping between the sprockets.

Is it due to the difference in the rate of wear and tear of the original chain and the chain links? :s22:

Thanks!


Why not just go back to the Mechanic? :s11:
 

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
8,300
Reaction score
276
anyone know much about spacer? are they all the same diameter? i know got height different.

thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top