Hello people.

Giant Escape 3 good or not?

Any alternatives?

garion80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the scene.
Intending to get a foldie.
Considering between 3sixty 6speed vs sava z1 9speed.
The reviews I saw on 3sixty are generally good but not sure on the Sava Z1. In terms of price probably a difference of around 200.
May I know if it's worthwhile to get Sava Z1 given that it's carbon fiber?
In terms of performance, which is better?

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using SAVA Z1

Any good and nice looking bell to recommend?
Knog-Oi-Bike-Bell-copper-small-50183-223052-1533737464_1050x.progressive.jpg

https://www.knog.com/product/oi-classic-small/
oh1200_main.jpg

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From one of my friend who gets it from his friend who imports it

Not worth it.

Litepro aero wheels are heavier than ordinary. For normal riders you will do better with lighter wheels. In fact small wheels don't need to be aero. How much aerodynamics can they improve compared to overall (bike + rider) wind resistant surface?

CST tyres n tubes are ordinary China made stuffs which are likely heavy and roll slower, so these might become things to upgrade. What's the point of aero wheels when paired with lousy tyres?

Crank is square tapered but states that chainring 53t is hollowtech is quite contradicting. High chance is still the heavy square tapered crank that may introduce some problems after a while.

The shimano rd is altus model which is one of the lowest end of shimano products. They should include shimano cassette and chain rather than 3rd parties'. Not sure if the rear shifting would be smooth. By the way this is a 9 speed setup without double chainrings. Got pros n cons, but climbing steep slopes with 53t x 23t might be a little harder though doable with strong legs.

Be ready to upgrade the foamy and thin handlebar grips.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Last edited:

mooncake52

Reaction score
Hi there. I am looking for a low cost 58cm size lightweight bike. very hard to find here in this size, only online seller with "Pedal Force" brand got no stock. can anybody pls point me in the right direction ?

LISAONG

Reaction score
i'm learning from scatch with DIY repairs, can i check with you again, for my Aleoca Mactec 26" , what dimension should i buy for the inner tube, learning to replace inner tube myself. ^^

Justthinkingonly

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to start cycling for excercise.
Age 54, 175cm, 105Kg
Appreciate any recommendation for good local bicycle shop in the East that has Hybrid (MTB/Road) models suitable for my physique. Budget S$400.00 ~ $500.00.
Thanks

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any 35 or 37 451 tires to recommend?
yesterday my 28mm back wheel almost stuck in drain cover

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm learning from scatch with DIY repairs, can i check with you again, for my Aleoca Mactec 26" , what dimension should i buy for the inner tube, learning to replace inner tube myself. ^^
depends on your rim - is it for schradar (bigger hole) or presta (smaller) valve? i use to run 1.25" to 2.4" thick 26" tires on my MTB last time and i found 1.75" thick 26" tubes to be fine for a wide range w/o issues and if not sure about valve type just stick to presta cos sure can fit any type of rim wif hole for tube ^^

LISAONG

Reaction score
depends on your rim - is it for schradar (bigger hole) or presta (smaller) valve? i use to run 1.25" to 2.4" thick 26" tires on my MTB last time and i found 1.75" thick 26" tubes to be fine for a wide range w/o issues and if not sure about valve type just stick to presta cos sure can fit any type of rim wif hole for tube ^^
Any video i can learn how to change tube :) Thanks again!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.