Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i would to enquire a question. I will land at kix osaka at 9.35pm via sq on 14th april (sunday) 2019. Will the jr office be open for redemption the jrwest pass? Thanks

Please look the information at JR West website as they are better position to provide information than us.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/support/kansai_airport.html

The real concern is how fast you can clear immigration counter. It is something you need to coordinate that.

Windowlover

Reaction score
ICOCA card works fine for all stations.

Please use Kintetsu train service because it is closer to these two places (i.e. less walking distance from Kintetsu Nara station as compared to JR Nara Station)

Just did some homework,,, actually as recommeded to use Kintetsu, considering Kintetsu rail pass 1 day maybe a good choice - Yen1500 per person for this places only ?

Confuse by those term,, limited express, rapid express and express ?
Actually Limited and rapid is faster with fewer stop station, it is able to use or topup ?

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did some homework,,, actually as recommeded to use Kintetsu, considering Kintetsu rail pass 1 day maybe a good choice - Yen1500 per person for this places only ?

Actually Limited and rapid is faster with fewer stop station, it is able to use or topup ?

limited express is different from rapid express and express. I have been explaining this to my friend who is visiting Japan for the first time.

The seat layout in Limited express train is similar to aeroplane. just what you would see shinkansen. it requires you to pay extra for the seat on top of standard travel fare. In addition, it has fewer stops.

If you aren't going to spend more, please use standardised train which has similar seat configuration like our SMRT. They comes with rapid express and express tag which have different stops sequence. Please refer to the timetable of kintetsu train or Google map to double confirm you are looking at the right train.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Travelling soon to Osaka... some doubts I would like some advises...
I would like to go for day tour in Kyoto from Namba station.

1) Should I use Sub train from Namba to Umeda ... then take JR Kyoto Line direct to Kyoto station ?
2) In between Umeda to JR Kyoto line, do I need to come out of station or change by walking to the platform ?

If anyone have good simple route will be best....

Plan to visit:
Kiyomizu-dera
Fushimi Inari-taisha
any good recommendation.. :s22:

please learn to use google maps. it is the best tool to travel around japan.

eg. namba to kyoto: https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/...46e74a21c08!2m2!1d135.7587667!2d34.985849!3e3

kyoto to kiyomizu dera: https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/...8650c434ba!2m2!1d135.7850463!2d34.9948561!3e3

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Appreciated.
Thanks for your good information,
Have noted it down.

JR train can use ICOCA card or need to purchase separately ?

Todaji Temple, Nara deer park is also one of spot I intend to go,,, can use Kintetsu Nara line from Namba station to visit this 2 places or JR is better ?

Icoca and Suica cards work on all trains/subway, cannot be used on reserved seats.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

0bc2tGT.png

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Appreciated.
Thanks for your good information,
Have noted it down.

JR train can use ICOCA card or need to purchase separately ?

Todaji Temple, Nara deer park is also one of spot I intend to go,,, can use Kintetsu Nara line from Namba station to visit this 2 places or JR is better ?

go nara by kintetsu line from namba.

feralslash

Reaction score
Planned itinerary:
14 nov fly into KIX.
19 nov depart kyoto to tokyo.
12 nov fly back to SIN from tokyo.

Do i need to buy JR pass for my time in Kyoto + the journey from Kyoto to Tokyo?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I require some advice for certain attractions in Kawaguchiko. Are there parking lots in the following areas?

1. Oishi Park to have a good of Mt Fuji over the lake? Other than this area, any other good places to have that scenic view of Mt Fuji mirroring over the lake, prefably with parking lot temporary? I know the north of Lake Kawaguchiko is a good spot.
2. Tenjoyama ropeway / kachi kachi yama cable car.
3. Arakurayama Sengen shrine / Chureito Pagoda. Tried to google walk and i did saw an area with 3 parked cars just below the "no cars" sign and walking path. But im not sure if those are illegal and it seems to be 1 way road only.
4. Oshino Hakkai

Last edited:

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planned itinerary:
14 nov fly into KIX.
19 nov depart kyoto to tokyo.
12 nov fly back to SIN from tokyo.

Do i need to buy JR pass for my time in Kyoto + the journey from Kyoto to Tokyo?
No. You will not be able to exceed the cost of nationalwide JR pass based on that schedule.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I require some advice for certain attractions in Kawaguchiko. Are there parking lots in the following areas?

1. Oishi Park to have a good of Mt Fuji over the lake? Other than this area, any other good places to have that scenic view of Mt Fuji mirroring over the lake, prefably with parking lot temporary? I know the north of Lake Kawaguchiko is a good spot.
3. Arakurayama Sengen shrine / Chureito Pagoda. Tried to google walk and i did saw an area with 3 parked cars just below the "no cars" sign and walking path. But im not sure if those are illegal and it seems to be 1 way road only.
4. Oshino Hakkai

All 4places have lots. Just see u daring enough to go through bidirectional single lane streets and muddy tracks or not.

The cable car one. Just park in the massive car park. Should be free one. But those old fart will try to tell you to move off if u don't sit their boats. Just park and walk away. If u afraid of harassment park on the side nearer the mountain.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All 4places have lots. Just see u daring enough to go through bidirectional single lane streets and muddy tracks or not.

The cable car one. Just park in the massive car park. Should be free one. But those old fart will try to tell you to move off if u don't sit their boats. Just park and walk away. If u afraid of harassment park on the side nearer the mountain.

Thanks for confirmation. Im trying to find the 120 lots carpark for the pagoda in Goole Walk but cant seem to find it. Only saw an open air carpark just further down from the entrance. But i saw an oncoming car in a single lane. So, im not sure if its a one-way or one-lane street though. I also nvr see any "NO ENTRY" sign at the Y-junction entrance. Just have to try my luck i supposed. lol.

BTW, if i get fuji hakone pass, i noticed im entitled to discounts for kachi kachi ropeway and excursion cruise. How much discount would i get though? I only saw the pricing are 800 yen and 930 yen respectively.

One last advice needed, i might opt for return car at hakone-yumoto from Kawaguchiko on the 2nd day. Advisable? But I dun see any petrol station near Hakone yumoto and bus journey is around 2 hrs excluding any waiting time in between schedules.

Last edited:

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

4. Oshino Hakkai

You could drive around the lake in search of nice view of my Fuji. Let me see if I could dig up some photos, we did a cycling trip around the 5 lakes

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You could drive around the lake in search of nice view of my Fuji. Let me see if I could dig up some photos, we did a cycling trip around the 5 lakes

This is my attractions list in path following order due to driving. Im considering visiting the Chureito Pagoda on 2nd day early morning to get the best view of Mt Fuji + Pagoda when there isnt much clouds due to humidity. Oshino Hakkai may be skipped as we are heading to Hakone on 2nd day so there will already be a private onsen in our room.

- Taisekiji Temple
Operating hours: 0900 to 1700

- Oishi Park
Operating hours: 24 hours
Notes: There is parking and restaurant near to entrance

- Kawaguchiko bridge
Notes: Cross this bridge to main Kawaguchiko area then towards Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway

- Mt Kachi Kachi Ropeway
Admission: ¥800 per pax roundtrip, 3 mins per way, departs every 5-10 mins
Operating hours: 0900 to 1710
Notes: Can try parking at the Excursion Ship En Soleil

- Excursion Ship “En Soleil”
Admission: ¥930 per pax, 20 mins loop in the lake, departs every 30 mins

- Arakurayama Sengen shrine / Chureito Pagoda.
Operating hours: 24 hours
Notes: There is a parking area for 120 cars. Might be further down the road with a big open air carpark.
Notes: Recommended to hike up early in morning to have best view of Mt Fuji with Pagoda

- Oshino Hakkai
Admission: ¥300 per pax

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
44452539_10156162604864565_1086143842714910720_n.jpg

At Lake Yamanakako

35436007_10155882028699565_1502499960959008768_n.jpg

At Lake Saiko

35350408_10155882024659565_463226568064368640_n.jpg

Should be in Lake Kawaguchi heading to Lake Saiko (I think)

35348829_10155882040939565_3052999222287663104_n.jpg

At Oishi Park

there is plentiful of car park lots there

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the pass or the discount since I didn't use that pass.

I only know for the cable car trip, may want to consider buying a single trip ticket instead of round trip (if all physically fit). While trekking down the hill got some hydrangea garden. If wanna go there, might as well walk all the way down the hill liao. Then if bought round trip ticket, it would be wasted. But it's a 45 mins walk down.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice photos.... I might consider other lakes if i have the time coz i still need to head to Taisekiji temple at Mt Fuji West for my father. Its a 1 hr journey one-way.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the pass or the discount since I didn't use that pass.

I only know for the cable car trip, may want to consider buying a single trip ticket instead of round trip (if all physically fit). While trekking down the hill got some hydrangea garden. If wanna go there, might as well walk all the way down the hill liao. Then if bought round trip ticket, it would be wasted. But it's a 45 mins walk down.

Bringing my 62/69 yr old parents so it will be hard. Alrdy asking them to climb for the pagoda liao since that 1 is bo bian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.