AWS solution architect (associate)

Fysiks

Reaction score
Like to ask if it is worth it to take the AWS online Practice Exam? Did some practice papers on Udemy, so I wondering if I should just sign up for the exam directly. Any advice?
Practice exam from AWS is only 20 questions, totally not worth it.

DrAwkward

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day time got work, so only can night time/weekend touch these stuff. 2 months enough to study finish?

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day time got work, so only can night time/weekend touch these stuff. 2 months enough to study finish?
Go for the udemy courses, do lots of practise questions and you'll be ok.

Getting the cert is just the first step, once you're in your new cloud role, that's where the hands-on learning begins. :s12:

DrAwkward

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for the udemy courses, do lots of practise questions and you'll be ok.

Getting the cert is just the first step, once you're in your new cloud role, that's where the hands-on learning begins. :s12:
Haha unfortunately in my work wouldn't have much opportunities to touch/apply them though. I would be touching a bit of cloud only. Just wanna get this cert cos it's rather cheap as well.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha unfortunately in my work wouldn't have much opportunities to touch/apply them though. I would be touching a bit of cloud only. Just wanna get this cert cos it's rather cheap as well.
I don't think you should get cert for collection unless your company is sponsoring. :o

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't get to physically practice, deploy or work on the related field/area.

Don't bother taking the toilet papers.

纸上谈兵。

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
The certificate is only $175.
My company is sponsoring the course, I am taking next week.

Semakdd

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't get to physically practice, deploy or work on the related field/area.

Don't bother taking the toilet papers.

纸上谈兵。
Reminds moi of moi ex-colleague

In terms of certs is got dragon got Phoenix but basic troubleshooting also don't know, push work to other people

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reminds moi of moi ex-colleague

In terms of certs is got dragon got Phoenix but basic troubleshooting also don't know, push work to other people

Well, as always. Certified but not certified to do the job.

I always ask the practical details when my interviewees claimed they got certain certification. Eg. most basic CCNA. I pay them based on their skill, not their certs. It is ok if they claimed they got certs but do not know and willing to learn (of course lower pay). But if they claim they know and smoke…... Most of the time, the lesser certs personnel are the truly skilled individual with practical knowledge on deployment at least from my experiences. They are willing to pick up skills (with or without certs), work harder, learn newer stuff and pick up challenging projects which at times…..not even their skill set to move out of their comfort zone.​

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.