B&O Beoplay E8

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
I noticed one issue that happened occasionally, especially for those who dun put in the charging case when not in use.

I normally don't bring along the charging case for my daily trip to work. So at work, just leave it there for it to auto turn-off.

However, sometimes, when I turn it on to use it on my trip back home, left ear bud no sound/not connected. Right earbud seems ok. Not sure is it battery dead or something else....

that is usually when battery is low. i experienced it quite a few times and after i charged it the problem goes away.

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
that is usually when battery is low. i experienced it quite a few times and after i charged it the problem goes away.

Yah, definitely run out of battery on the left earbud. The only reason why this happens is right earbud able to auto-shutoff when idle whereas left bud didn't.... Tested it when put both in charger for a few secs, then take out to test. Both works again, but left side turn off again after awhile, whereas right still had alot of juice.

So lies this problem, why left earbud occasionally dun auto-off when idling ( causing this issue ), or the bigger issue of why it can't be manually turned off. Even a cheaper X2T has this off function to save battery.

Not everyone will bring along the case, or put it in the case when not using. If it has this issue on left bud ( draining battery without being auto-off when the right one did ). For rrp $400 price tag item, not good.....

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
Posted a question in their customer support, and this is their reply....So indeed, their intended behaviour and not a fault with the unit.... :s22::s22:

===================

29 Oct, 16:53 CET

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting the B&O Support Team regarding your E8.

What you are describing is in fact not a fault of the unit but intended behaviour. I do understand that this can be frustrating however, at this time it is not possible to shut off the left ear bud without the case due to the way it is designed. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Allyce
B&O Support
Visit us at: B&O PLAY, The Journal and Facebook

Beoplay Support

XXX

29 Oct, 14:53 CET

I encountered this issue several times. If I leave both buds idle ( not in the case ), logically both will shut-off after awhile ( to save battery ). However, left bud will not auto-shut off ( even thought the right bud shuts off properly ), causing it to drain battery until when I tried to use them, left bud doesn't work.

I don't bring the case along to my office coz my daily commute is short, and since there's no way to turn off the buds manually ( except putting in the case ), this issue caused my left bud to drain battery and died when I tried to use them on the return commute ( only the right one works and still had alot of battery left ).

Are there such issues on the left earbud of not able to auto-off correctly when idling? Also, one suggestion is to implement a manual off-feature ( maybe via the app ), instead of relying on either the case or the auto-off, which doesn't work consistently for the left bud.

maserluv

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone using the Comply Sport Tips OR MandarinES Tips with the E8?

jhroxx

Reaction score
Hi guys, I misplaced my left earbud. Anyone interested in sharing the cost with me for a new set mentioned in the qoo10 link mentioned before?

Jonathan Emmy Switcher

Reaction score
After a year with the Beo e8, I've decided to ditch it. Bought a Sony wf 1000x and couldn't be happier.
e8 is not meant for everyone. The tip is very short and is not meant for those who needs a long tip to have it sit snugly. I couldn't get a good seal for the music to sound good. Comply tips improved it somewhat but still was a "forced" experience. Had to push it in real hard to get a good seal. The left side also become softer than the right side too. Some said is due to firmware update but I'm not sure.

Jonathan Emmy Switcher

Reaction score
Compared the snp 700 and the wf 1000x and the former's bass was very strong. Possibly will cause listening fatigue but great for anyone who love bass

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the E8 have any lag while watching YouTube or videos etc? Any recommendations to get E8 or E8 v2.0? Is it compatible with older devices like iPhone 6s or better to use it with newer phones? Would gladly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the E8 have any lag while watching YouTube or videos etc? Any recommendations to get E8 or E8 v2.0? Is it compatible with older devices like iPhone 6s or better to use it with newer phones? Would gladly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

No lag. The only difference between E8 and E8 v2.0 is the inclusion of a re-designed wireless charging case and new colours. Other than that, the earbuds are basically the same. It should also be compatible with iPhone 6 series.

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No lag. The only difference between E8 and E8 v2.0 is the inclusion of a re-designed wireless charging case and new colours. Other than that, the earbuds are basically the same. It should also be compatible with iPhone 6 series.

Thanks for the info! Btw can the strap be removed from the E8 charging case or is it permanently there?

Another thing to ask, how long is the battery life of the ear buds and with the charging case? Is it suitable for jogging/gym too?

Last edited:

Jonathan Emmy Switcher

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Btw can the strap be removed from the E8 charging case or is it permanently there?

Another thing to ask, how long is the battery life of the ear buds and with the charging case? Is it suitable for jogging/gym too?

The strap is permanently there. It's elastic. It's supposed to last 4 hours and should be good for 2 charges? (not sure). Not suitable for jogging. It has nothing to hook onto your ear or some fitter inside to fit snug in your ear. However, I've used it on treadmill with no problems.

MZeee18

Reaction score
I got the Sony WF-1000x previously. It is good but the connection usually drops. Switched to Bose Soundsport Free. Does your Sony drops connection too?

After a year with the Beo e8, I've decided to ditch it. Bought a Sony wf 1000x and couldn't be happier.
e8 is not meant for everyone. The tip is very short and is not meant for those who needs a long tip to have it sit snugly. I couldn't get a good seal for the music to sound good. Comply tips improved it somewhat but still was a "forced" experience. Had to push it in real hard to get a good seal. The left side also become softer than the right side too. Some said is due to firmware update but I'm not sure.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, it’s attached to the case permanantly. I’ve tried before over 2 hrs of continuous listening and still got batt left. Jogging/gym I’m not sure as I don’t do that.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.