Best portable charger

palmtungsten

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
2,018
Reaction score
89
I love its size. I can just slip it into my small purses.
How long does it take for a full charge? iPhone 5?
Some portable chargers are incredibly slow
For iPhone 5, i have not charged it from zero battery life to full charge.

Only try to charge for one hour from 30% to 90% without using the iPhone 5. I usually charge it when it is left with 30% battery life.

Maybe overall charging maybe slower if you are using iPhone 5 and charging it at the same time.
 

berrytini

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
For iPhone 5, i have not charged it from zero battery life to full charge.

Only try to charge for one hour from 30% to 90% without using the iPhone 5. I usually charge it when it is left with 30% battery life.

Maybe overall charging maybe slower if you are using iPhone 5 and charging it at the same time.

Yeah charging is always slower when we are using it. 1hr to charge 30% to 90%, is it considered fast or slow? I have been looking for those really compact one that looks like a lipstick, well, slightly bigger, after seeing someone using it. Then I saw your post. It's perfect. May I know where you got it from?
 

palmtungsten

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
2,018
Reaction score
89
Yeah charging is always slower when we are using it. 1hr to charge 30% to 90%, is it considered fast or slow? I have been looking for those really compact one that looks like a lipstick, well, slightly bigger, after seeing someone using it. Then I saw your post. It's perfect. May I know where you got it from?
Actually i do not know whether it is considered fast charging . Maybe the bro here can share how fast is Sony portable battery charger since he is using one. For example. charge for 30 mins from 70% to 95%.

Then you can make comparison.. if the portable battery can charge 1% in 1 min and 30% in 30 min. I will think it is considered fast. Cannot compare portable with actual wall plug charger..

Think you can try to find in funan. I saw it in Challenger and there are 10% discount for member and retail price is $79..

One point to note is the charging cable included in the innerge portable battery pack is NOT iphone 5 charging cable. It is mirco usb and iphone 4 charging cable.

This portable battery is also good for who own Samsung Note 2. it can charge samsung note 2 @ 2A. Can also charge iPad @ 2A too. Most portable battery at this smaller size can only charge Note 2 and iPad @ 1A..
 

palmtungsten

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
2,018
Reaction score
89
Good to buy something that you will carry around and use it. No point buying 5000mah or 10000mah when it is so bulky and big in physical size even though you can charge iPhone 2 to 5 times..

my yoobao 10400 mah is good for use in overseas trip where you need a lof of battery juice and no access to powerplug..

otherwise for daily local use, i carry this ultra-small portable innergie battery charger to work everyday for "emergency" use or when going for training\seminar\course\workshop\planning session whole day and have no access to power wallplug
 

berrytini

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Actually i do not know whether it is considered fast charging . Maybe the bro here can share how fast is Sony portable battery charger since he is using one. For example. charge for 30 mins from 70% to 95%.

Then you can make comparison.. if the portable battery can charge 1% in 1 min and 30% in 30 min. I will think it is considered fast. Cannot compare portable with actual wall plug charger..

Think you can try to find in funan. I saw it in Challenger and there are 10% discount for member and retail price is $79..

One point to note is the charging cable included in the innerge portable battery pack is NOT iphone 5 charging cable. It is mirco usb and iphone 4 charging cable.

This portable battery is also good for who own Samsung Note 2. it can charge samsung note 2 @ 2A. Can also charge iPad @ 2A too. Most portable battery at this smaller size can only charge Note 2 and iPad @ 1A..

You mean you saw the one I was saying there? That's awesome! How do we become a member? Is the membership worth? Thanks for the heads up, I am disappointed that most portable charger does not come with the cable for iphone 5. So I'm also looking for those short cable so I can use it with my portable.

Good to buy something that you will carry around and use it. No point buying 5000mah or 10000mah when it is so bulky and big in physical size even though you can charge iPhone 2 to 5 times..

my yoobao 10400 mah is good for use in overseas trip where you need a lof of battery juice and no access to powerplug..

otherwise for daily local use, i carry this ultra-small portable innergie battery charger to work everyday for "emergency" use or when going for training\seminar\course\workshop\planning session whole day and have no access to power wallplug
ITA. I need one to fit into my purse and most of them are small. To some, they may find it too pricey and rather get a bigger one. This might seems pricey compared to the other portable chargers in the market but if I would be using it very often, why not? =)
 

palmtungsten

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
2,018
Reaction score
89
You mean you saw the one I was saying there? That's awesome! How do we become a member? Is the membership worth? Thanks for the heads up, I am disappointed that most portable charger does not come with the cable for iphone 5. So I'm also looking for those short cable so I can use it with my portable.


ITA. I need one to fit into my purse and most of them are small. To some, they may find it too pricey and rather get a bigger one. This might seems pricey compared to the other portable chargers in the market but if I would be using it very often, why not? =)
I saw this one in Challenger.. To ensure that we are on the same page, see below youtube and picture. See how small is it for a 3000mah portable battery and it can charge @ 2A for devices that support 2A charging

Innergie 2.1 Amp Pocket Cell Portable Pocket Rechargeable Battery and Charger - YouTube

Innergie_ProductLanding_PocketCell.jpg



Think the Challenger Store membership fee is definitely more than $8 (10% discount from retail price of $79). Easier to ask your friend to help you if they are member of Challenger..

this is the charging cable i am talking about.
pocketcell_block3.jpg
 

fifoent

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2011
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
0
I saw this one in Challenger.. To ensure that we are on the same page, see below youtube and picture. See how small is it for a 3000mah portable battery and it can charge @ 2A for devices that support 2A charging

Innergie 2.1 Amp Pocket Cell Portable Pocket Rechargeable Battery and Charger - YouTube

Innergie_ProductLanding_PocketCell.jpg



Think the Challenger Store membership fee is definitely more than $8 (10% discount from retail price of $79). Easier to ask your friend to help you if they are member of Challenger..

this is the charging cable i am talking about.
pocketcell_block3.jpg

membership for challenger is $30 for 2 years.
 

kun1he2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
3,746
Reaction score
182
Anyone using cheaper ones like these? Are they any good, and more importantly, safe?

0349b980-971a-4cab-9800-3725a7ad48ad.jpg
 

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
5,029
Reaction score
0
For iPhone 5, i have not charged it from zero battery life to full charge.

Only try to charge for one hour from 30% to 90% without using the iPhone 5. I usually charge it when it is left with 30% battery life.

Maybe overall charging maybe slower if you are using iPhone 5 and charging it at the same time.

Sounds good.
Does e cable comes with it or we have to buy separately?
 

LobsterX

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
2
got one bro selling here on hwz..... you can approach him to get.... he has almost the whole yoobao series!!!:D




agree! got one time i use the cable from dat brand it charge my phone like 30-50 percent in 5mins when it was low on bat.

i lend cable from fren

let me know if you know wher can buy i want :s13:
 

iamcdy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
I am currently using Sanyo eneloop KBC-L2B 5000mAh battery booster since last year.

my S3 2 times (charged from 0%) and 40~50%
ipad mini 1 time (charged from 0%) then can charge my s3 for around 20~30%

can do dual charging, but I don't use it because the second slot charge slower. the main charging port it 5v output so the charging speed kinda fast.

got a few times I went to watch movie with my gf and her ip4s run out of battery so I lend her mine to charge, usually fully charged before the movie end.

I usually just let it charge because it will switch off automatically after it detect there is nothing to charge or fully charge(just plug out the usb when you don't want to charge)

I always charge the charger overnight while I am sleeping. So far never explode la, because the charging time takes few hours one sometimes I wake up haven't fully charge(I work at 4am). the only downside for me is there is no battery indicator, so I don't know when it will finish, as for the portability I always put in my pocket when I am wearing bermuda or hold on my hand if I am wearing jeans(will put into my gf bag hahaha!)

I not sure the actual price, I bought from my brother who work at simlim for discounted price of $58 (this is last year price) maybe the price will drop a bit?

Hope this helps!
 

fuzzybear

Master Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2000
Messages
2,775
Reaction score
0
sanyo one still the best
but already replaced by panasonic
if u. got friend in jp u can get cheaper
usualy those. hyped 10k mah like not true
plus ao cheap haha
 

monochrom13

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Just to add my 2cents.
Not all battery are made equal. When you see a deal that's too good to be true it IS. For me I usually look for one that "claims" that they use cells from Sanyo, Samsung, Sony, maxell, LG etc. Cos these company produce batteries themselves. Even if many are manufactured in China, the QC does makes a difference.
Output current. Anything about 1A per output port is fine for iPhone. The iPhone will NOT charge at 2A even if the battery pack output 2A. If you are using it for iPad, you need 2A otherwise it will charge very slowly.
The more expensive ones usually have at least short circuit and over current protection.
Lastly, lithium polymers batteries are not like NiCd or NiMh, lithium batt may explode or burn if the charging circuit is screwed up or battery cell is penetrated by metal.
Last word of advice, don't leave them in an empty/drained state. Meaning, totally drained for a long period of time. When they are drained dry and left alone after some time the voltage will fall to a state where it becomes dangerous to charge. Most good battery pack will engage low charge or (if voltage is way too low) not charge at all (its for safety purpose).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top