BKK in May

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
There escalators follow timing one. And other then interchange stations, daytime all escalators go up and evening go down. Most likely you will be taxi all the way so you better know the meter pricing of places you want to go from hotel.

Airport rail have no problems with large luggage. It's when you want to change to BTS is when you might have a problem. Up to 25" still okay. I suggest go to ends of train rather then centre so that easier to go out later.

Take taxi ba

Honestly if your going with your mom. Why save that few dollars. Just take a taxi. If me i would rather my parents have comfort then to save on those few dollars.

Tks for your advice. I have decided to take taxi to and fro airport as my mom have problems with stairs and our luggages quite bulky and heavy.

I read that the taxi to and fro airport/Pratunam, anything more than 400B means kena carrot head. So I'll take note.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Some stuff can buy at member price at Big C. And I think Dede said buy 1200B got 120B off, but I don't think I can buy so much in a single receipt.

Think I won't be applying already since I don't have Thai address. :(

Will google for TOPS later. Tks for recommendation. :)

can use singapore passport ...
Tesco price and the supermarket at siam paragon + terminal 21 , not cheap

usually buy brands bird nest ...
6 bottle small one 42cc is abt 525b ...
sometimes they have buy 3packs of 6 bottle, free 1pack of 6bottle
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Is it easy to get taxi at Ratchaprarop Stn? Got taxi stand there? Was thinking maybe take taxi from there to Glow Hotel.

haha u alight the train station, then u stop there.
sure many cab approach you lol ....
think mostly wont go by meter ... coz they know u wont wanna walk even though the hotel is nearby ... 12min walk ...
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Wouldn't recommend you to walk to Glow from Ratchaprarop. You want you can alight at the station and take a cab, otherwise just take straight. 350-400 baht should be quite standard now. Give your mum the peace of mind lor. If younger people, by all means walk. The roads not easy to drag the luggage also.
 

peanut_pancake

Master Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
3,576
Reaction score
42
I guess you can consider taking the taxi straight from airport as from the location of Glow, taxi driver may make a detour from the airport railway station to go to the front entrance of shibuya 19.
 

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
10,019
Reaction score
1
which sim card to buy for mobile data is most worthwhile? need to be contactable via whatsapp for 5 days
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
which sim card to buy for mobile data is most worthwhile? need to be contactable via whatsapp for 5 days

to me, dtac , truemove, ais ... abt 299b for one week sim card data plan .
with free 100b calling time :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top