BlueSG electric car-sharing

greddy88

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
0
There is a humming noise emitted by the BlueSG cars that sounds a bit like a UFO to help people notice it, but this isn't mandatory by law.

You are right, though. I had an electric Kona pass me the other day and I almost got knocked down by it thinking there wasn't any cars when I wanted to cross.

Hopefully LTA gets up to the times quickly.

There's one at my place actually gives out a rumbling sound. Not that kind of taxi rattle.
Something must be broken already but not getting repaired
 

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
14,052
Reaction score
1,024
Whats the insurance model like? Drivers excess is how much leh? If next driver damaged the car, how does bluesg resolve the compensation?
 

sanjii

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
cost

imo, bluesg car rental is too expensive as compared to traditional rental
 

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
14,052
Reaction score
1,024
It is not meant for rental by the day. More for from point A to point B. Half the price of taxi/grab if you use it right

Heng heng my house and workplace both got bluesg.

Blue SG - 15mins =‘$7.50
Taxi - 10mins around $10

Seriously $2.50 more i quite keen to just pay and nua in taxi.... suay suay buah the car then sianz 1/2 liao
 

Ah_dui

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Heng heng my house and workplace both got bluesg.

Blue SG - 15mins =‘$7.50
Taxi - 10mins around $10

Seriously $2.50 more i quite keen to just pay and nua in taxi.... suay suay buah the car then sianz 1/2 liao

If you subscribe to the $15 per mth, you should pay $0.33 per min. So $4.95 to be exact. But like I say la, to each its own.

For my case, I had promo code last year. So I get 6 mths free subscription when i subscribe 12 mths. Then when I send my gf back home, then back to my house, it would have cost me ard $43 2 ways if no surge. She stay very far from me.

But if i take the bluesg, 2 way trip (just drop her off at her place then back), it will take me about 1hr, which cost me ard $20.

So depends on your needs and your preference. It is not for everyone.

Have to say, i hope the car quality improve. But it does the job of getting from point A to B for me.
 

lemonchan

Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
291
Reaction score
11
If you subscribe to the $15 per mth, you should pay $0.33 per min. So $4.95 to be exact. But like I say la, to each its own.

For my case, I had promo code last year. So I get 6 mths free subscription when i subscribe 12 mths. Then when I send my gf back home, then back to my house, it would have cost me ard $43 2 ways if no surge. She stay very far from me.

But if i take the bluesg, 2 way trip (just drop her off at her place then back), it will take me about 1hr, which cost me ard $20.

So depends on your needs and your preference. It is not for everyone.

Have to say, i hope the car quality improve. But it does the job of getting from point A to B for me.

Hi, I need find out more about bluesg, so will like to make the below queries:

1) I heard that the moment u pull out the charger from the car at the originating carpark, the charging begins. In that case, can the driver actually unlock the car and check the condition of the interior first before pulling out the charger? Cos definitely we dont want the charging to start running, while we are checking the condition

2) If the interior has some dirtyness, or there is dent on the exterior, how do the driver alerts the bluesg team, so that they wont think the driver is the one who cause this?
 

Orphan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
4,868
Reaction score
3,264
Heng heng my house and workplace both got bluesg.

Blue SG - 15mins =‘$7.50
Taxi - 10mins around $10

Seriously $2.50 more i quite keen to just pay and nua in taxi.... suay suay buah the car then sianz 1/2 liao



Dunno why, I read your email in hokkien, and it rhymes!


In taxi nua,
Car kenna buah,
Sianz 1/2.


:D
 

akmori

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
605
Reaction score
24
8mSYsBnl.jpg

Promo for new subscribers.

Sent from the other side using GAGT
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
900
8mSYsBnl.jpg

Promo for new subscribers.

Sent from the other side using GAGT

Good luck trying to terminate the auto renewal for the subscription later as there's no advance notice or option to expire. :s13:
 

lemonchan

Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
291
Reaction score
11
Good luck trying to terminate the auto renewal for the subscription later as there's no advance notice or option to expire. :s13:

Can we subscribe , and then immediately terminate. Such that the subscription will auto terminate when it reach the expiry date.
 

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
Can we subscribe , and then immediately terminate. Such that the subscription will auto terminate when it reach the expiry date.

No, you can only terminate 30 days prior to the renewal date (not earlier or later), and in writing (not calling). This is incorporated in the terms and conditions, and is legally binding whether or not the subscriber reads it.

See earlier post
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/119153499-post165.html
 

eriolmoon2008

Master Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
2,717
Reaction score
192

CorgiDoge

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Parking Charges

Hi, I'm extremely new to driving in Singapore, had my license for 5 years but had only driven overseas.

Hence, I'm not familiar with the driving scene in Singapore.

Because some bluesg pickup car spots are within a parking lot.
Do I have to pay for the parking charges if I retrieve the car within these parking lot, or there some automatic charging mechanism already in place?

If I have to, means I'll need a cashcard or something right?

I'm thinking of just driving on the off-peak hours to practice my driving, like 11pm...
 

Orphan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
4,868
Reaction score
3,264
Hi, I'm extremely new to driving in Singapore, had my license for 5 years but had only driven overseas.

Hence, I'm not familiar with the driving scene in Singapore.

Because some bluesg pickup car spots are within a parking lot.
Do I have to pay for the parking charges if I retrieve the car within these parking lot, or there some automatic charging mechanism already in place?

If I have to, means I'll need a cashcard or something right?

I'm thinking of just driving on the off-peak hours to practice my driving, like 11pm...

Rental starts when you tap your card (either bluesg issued card, or use ezlink card) on the charging station, key in PIN and confirm the standard "I am not drunk" etc page.

Rental stops when you park back any BlueSG charging station, plug back the charging cable and tap your card on the charging station.

No need to pay for MSCP parking as long as you return the car to charging stations and end rental. No extra costs for parking.

Now, if you need to go some carpark with no station, then yes, you need to pay normal parking rates with your cashcard/ezlink card.

You also need pay for ERP. The car has a normal IU.

I linked my account to my ezlink card. Use 1 single card to tap on charging station, to unlock the car door, put in IU. So that way I dun have to worry abt forgetting to take out my cashcard (coz I need it to lock car door when I exit)
 

Orphan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
4,868
Reaction score
3,264
How much they gonna charge to our credit card after 6 months free rental?

Dun have free rental :)
The 6 months promo is for premium membership.
15 bucks a month membership fee for premium.
So after 6 months, they charge you 15 bucks a month for at least 6 months more since you cannot terminate until your annual membership expires.

Premium member rental is 33 cents per min.
Normal member (free membership fee) rental is 50 cents per min.

You have to calculate your projected usage then see which one spend less money.

Normal breakeven point is 88 mins of rental per month. You rent less than 88 mins, go for free membership.

Of course since now got 6 month free membership promo, breakeven point will be renting 176 mins per month.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top